The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? Empty
PostSubject: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:12 am

Q1 - Meccano or Trilogo?

Advice time please guys....as part of my Glasslite Guide i'm comparing the "French" Luke Farmboy to the Glasslite one as they share the same COO.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6330p30-glasslite-guide-discussion-thread

What is the correct terminology for the "French" variants, Meccano or French Trilogo?

Q2 - Meccano Saber, Exclusive or Not?

Secondly I also wish to add labels the comparison shots for the luke sabers (example below), but is it unique to the "French" variant?

Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? N7zkpPm

Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? Sm9p98W

Can someone till me if a KENNER v4 saber floats or sinks, please?

If unique - Again do I call it Meccano or French Trilogo?
If it's common to "French" and Kenner figures do I just call it Kenner?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:19 am

Everybody in the "buisness" knows what you mean with Meccano, but it is wrong!

You can see (I am not a MOC collector) on Joe's page what terms can be used:
http://trilogo.info/carded-figure-guide/advanced-guide/

Meccano Trilogos
Early Macao Trilogos
French Trilogos

I went with Tri(Mec) for my guide and believe it or not had hours of conversation just because of that with Lee_M...LOL

I still think it is the best term: Trilogo (Meccano). (Lee doesn't think so...LOL)

To me it is and was important to finally get all myth down on "Meccano" variants because there is no variant produced by Meccano (although no rough Jawa blasters etc)! Just packed by Meccano.

Hope that helps.

Again: use Trilogo and additionally add Meccano/French whatever Wink
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:31 am

Hmm, I'm liking the Meccano/Trilogo at the moment.

Trying to shake the "Meccano" terminolgy will be impossible, take for example the Burgundy Cape Squidhead, Trilogo Fett the names may not be correct but they stick!

I'm still keen to hear about the V4 Kenner sabers guys? :scratch: 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:01 pm

Hey Steph,

I just looked at my FBs and I can only add that I have 5 of the V4 saber and another with a broken tip. Well, without super scrutiny, they are all round tip, smooth and not Glasslite or Taiwans for sure. So V4 I take them to be.

I can recall two coming with both of my Rasied Bar China figures as I thought they might be correct for them but then.....
I can recall one coming with my dark brown hair IIx1b .... and then........
the broken tip came with some other random Kenner figure ....and then .......
the remaining two I bought without figures from a seller that always has 5 - 10 Luke sabers on any given day for sale.
I know I had at least one or two more that I passed along and they were from/with random Kenner figures as well.

If you just want to know if the V4 was unique to the TriMec, then I would have to say no since I have way too many of them for them to be anything special.

Matching up all my farmboys to the correct saber is research I have on my to do list.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 pm

psybertech wrote:
If you just want to know if the V4 was unique to the TriMec, then I would have to say no since I have way too many of them for them to be anything special.
Jay,

Would it be possible to check if your v4 sabers sink or float during the water test?

Whilst I understand the mould is not unique maybe the material is.

Cheers Wink
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:14 pm

walkie wrote:
psybertech wrote:
Jay,

Would it be possible to check if your v4 sabers sink or float during the water test?

Whilst I understand the mould is not unique maybe the material is.

Cheers Wink
Is the material the Luke is made of unique???....
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 12:28 pm

wbobafett wrote:

French Trilogos

I went with Tri(Mec) for my guide and believe it or not had hours of conversation just because of that with Lee_M...LOL

I still think it is the best term: Trilogo (Meccano). (Lee doesn't think so...LOL)

thinking  Did i disagree with that term?? I can't remeber now, LOL

I actually like the term tri/mec on the majority of the french figures.
Nice, short and abbreviated and it covers all if not most cardback scenarios.

I agree with the 'meccano' tag sticking though and has done always in variant collecting.

As Wolff and i/others have stated before - No figures were made/produced in France -
only packaged there.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 3:20 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Is the material the Luke is made of unique???....
The figures are the same material. I was just curious about the saber. So it's fair to say all V4 are the same material and sink. So on my water test photos i'll label it as KENNER.

So a dumb question?

Lee_m wrote:
I agree with the 'meccano' tag sticking though and has done always in variant collecting.

As Wolff and i/others have stated before - No figures were made/produced in France -
only packaged there.
OK, i'll label my Luke as either Meccano or Mec/Tri.

Yes I understand about Meccano not producing figures, I was just curious about what was the correct terminology was as once I've edited and labelled the photos I don't want to changed them again Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?   Advice....Meccano or Trilogo? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice....Meccano or Trilogo?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1