The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anybody collect comic books here?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:09 pm

Any love for old tin head?

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Tos_3911
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:10 pm

Johnny U wrote:

Only enough love to cover....the ENTIRE WORLD! He's the reason I got into collecting!
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:11 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Johnny U wrote:
darthmatt22 wrote:
Great comic (and Netflix series!) With Season 2 around the corner, DD and it's other characters like Punisher, Elektra and Kingpin are up -- it's selling season! cheers

Here's a link to my Marvel limelight thread from a few months ago -- http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8122-my-other-collections

Speaking of season 2 and the Punisher...

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Asm_1210

One of my favorite covers! Can't waaaaaaaiiiiiitttttt to see him on DD Season 2. Especially bc of the actor they chose.

I wonder if they're introduce Bullseye by season's end? I mean, Elektra is going to be in it so that would make for a KILLER season 3 lol!

I should jump on a few issues of #131 then...

I'm excited too! I think Jon Bernthal will live up to the hype.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:16 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Johnny U wrote:

Only enough love to cover....the ENTIRE WORLD! He's the reason I got into collecting!

This is the reason I got into collecting when I was a kid. Very Happy

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 New_mu10
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:18 pm

Johnny U wrote:

This is the reason I got into collecting when I was a kid.

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 New_mu10

Another one of my favorites. Love the character, love the comic. I hope you enjoyed the film if you've seen it.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:20 pm

I loved the movie. I expected great things, and it delivered.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:22 pm

I was worried that the trailers and advertisement was going to overhype it. Nope nope nope!
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:24 pm

Here is one more before I put the baby to bed. A DC key that is hard to find in Off white or better. One of my favorites.

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Braini10

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Img_3010
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:25 pm

Very cool. I'm not about DC much, but I know of it's comic history and major keys..and that is a great piece.

I also see statues in the background! :Drool:

Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:27 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Very cool. I'm not about DC much, but I know of it's comic history and major keys..and that is a great piece.

I also see statues in the background! :Drool:

Besides comics, and Vintage Star Wars, I also collect Hot Toys. The comic is covering up my Hot Toys Han and Chewie and Luke Stormtrooper.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

We'll save that discussion for another day. I enjoy Hot Toys as well.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:29 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
We'll save that discussion for another day. I enjoy Hot Toys as well.

We have a lot in common Matt. cheers
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 9:31 pm

That we do! Nice to meet you again, and welcome back cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 10:22 pm

Some sweet issues being shared. Thanks Johnny for sharing. Is the groot, iron man, and what I think is starlord also hot toys? I want hot toys but they would seriously eat into my budget. I went after the first appearance of Ian man but he kept eluding me. Also wish I had hulk 1 and fantastic four 1 but they were to much for me. Had a chance at the ff1 once but like an idiot purchased some other stuff instead. Batman has always been my favorite though so I am more into dc.

This is going to be one of my favorite threads on here now I think.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2016 10:30 pm

arohk wrote:
I have a few like old BSG stuff like that buried in a box, my wife on the other hand has one pretty good sized archie comic collection.

I completely skipped over this comment. I never was into battle star but Archie stuff I loved. I only had a few comic size ones, but they used to sell Archie digest (which is like book sized stuff) in the grocery stores when I was a kid. I had quite a few of those for a while. Loved reading the Archie stuff.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:20 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Some sweet issues being shared.  Thanks Johnny for sharing.  Is the groot, iron man, and what I think is starlord also hot toys?  I want hot toys but they would seriously eat into my budget.  I went after the first appearance of Ian man but he kept eluding me.  Also wish I had hulk 1 and fantastic four 1 but they were to much for me.  Had a chance at the ff1 once but like an idiot purchased some other stuff instead.  Batman has always been my favorite though so I am more into dc.  

This is going to be one of my favorite threads on here now I think.

Hulk #1 may be the hardest to get now out of all of the #1's.. especially in worthwhile condition. I mean, it would be cool to own any of the silver holy grails in any condition though!

Hot Toys get expensive and the statue market is rough. Not an easy sell compared to comic books..at least at mom and pop comic shops. Luckily payment plans are an option and make things manageable.

Last edited by darthmatt22 on Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 1:22 pm

I had a day off yesterday and went to a couple of different stores along the coast. I picked this up for cheap because I've always loved the cover!

What's not to like? 1st Venom cover!

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 20160318
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:44 pm

Very Happy Venom is awesome! Great pick up!
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 6:54 pm

Here is what I have as far as Hot Toys/Sideshow Star Wars so far. Sorry for the bad cell phone pics.

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Darth_10

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Boba11

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Luke_h11
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 8:07 pm

These are amazing likenesses, by I just can't afford hot toys stuff much. I might eventually get a random piece but I doubt it with a price point of two hundred plus per item, they are out of my range. Sad

These really are amazing to look at though. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:51 pm

Thank you so much for the kind words. Yes, they are expensive for sure. My wife is never happy when she sees how much they are.

I received my last book tonight. After this I'm going to focus on finishing my Hot Toys preorders and then jump back into collecting Vintage Star Wars. My first real love. cheers

131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 Superm10

60+ years old. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Johnny U
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Johnny U

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 9:53 pm

I still a few to show in the days coming. The show isn't over yet. Have a great night everyone!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 10:14 pm

Thats a nice cover. Almost like a worlds finest with the batman superman combo.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2016 11:26 pm

Great statues. I've done pre-orders before and there's nothing worse than a statue being pushed back a couple months. Damn the anticipation!!! Evil or Very Mad

I was going to get the Fett after seeing it in a store, but instead I may be getting a Punisher. Haven't decided because it's really similar to the Deadpool I have.. may just wait entirely.

Another awesome comic. Is your entire collection CGC? Did you used to own raw and then upgraded them through the years?

I've been collecting Marvel for 8 years now and I'm addicted to the buy/sell/trade market. lol!

The only comics I won't sell are the ones I've received as gifts/ my Dad gave to me. Especially Iron Man #1 signed by Stan Lee. That was the one to activate every collecting bone in my body.

Thanks again for sharing.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Any new comic aquasitions? I haven't had time to try and dig more out yet. Did anybody go see the superman vs batman movie yet?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody collect comic books here?   131 - Anybody collect comic books here? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody collect comic books here?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next