The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Which books do you reference from?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

Which books do you reference from? Empty
PostSubject: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Just had another thread that shot me a suggestion about the

Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book by Geoffrey T. Carlton and

Star Wars Vintage Action Figures: A Guide for Collectors by John Kellerman.

So what study reference materials or websites are your favorites?

I'm still learning my way around, so I am on rebelscum, here (mainly) and I google as much as I can before I post for help. head bang

No books yet (I'm waiting for the new Kellerman to come out). :Drool:

Any others? :scratch:
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:15 pm

ki4gsz wrote:

I'm still learning my way around, so I am on rebelscum, here (mainly) and I google as much as I can before I post for help. head bang

know offens but for some ho is mainly here!! you do like to post a lot of questions!!
just take your time to read some off Tig threads and you will only will need the kellerman book Wink again know disrespect to you.
Back to top Go down
ki4gsz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
ki4gsz

PostSubject: Re: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Starwizz wrote:

know offens but for some ho is mainly here!! you do like to post a lot of questions!!
just take your time to read some off Tig threads and you will only will need the kellerman book Wink again know disrespect to you.

While I respect your opinion, I was asking for the experience & wisdom to help us noobs (and we were/are all there at one time).

And sir, I do not take offense to anything. I (and I'm sure others) have questions & the forum is here to not only collect tidbit of information, but to also ask those questions. We are a community bound by the love of collecting SW goodies.

I just am pretty quick to ask rather than guess & have bad information. And (IMO) there is nothing worse than someone passing bad information...

And, I'll get off the soapbox now...
Back to top Go down
Starwizz
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Starwizz

PostSubject: Re: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:07 pm

soapbox nice one lol! again like i did say, no disrespect.
end of posting here .

Last edited by Starwizz on Mon May 27, 2013 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:12 pm

Previous TIG thread about reference books with some great titles mentioned:

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t828-whats-the-best-reference-guide-publication-for-figures-etc?highlight=reference+books

Great resource index covering most aspects of SW collecting Cool

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t61-useful-links-and-reference-sites

^^ I would highly recommend checking out and bookmarking a lot of the sites in the list on pg 1.

Last edited by Artoo_Detour on Mon May 13, 2013 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : updated link)
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 3:24 pm

For myself I use the Star Wars Super Collector's Wishbook as well as a few different sites including the help from TIG as for the sites I find these ones very useful
http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/swfigs.htm
http://www.12back.com/index.html
http://theswca.com/collectors.html
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2013 8:08 pm

Starwizz wrote:
ki4gsz wrote:

Theres nothing wrong with asking questions or asking in this instance what reference books other collectors use, nothing wrong at all, i think its great that a guy thats keen and excited is asking plenty of questions.

OP without a doubt the best reference book for vintage is the Kellerman book, but its 200 bucks on the 2nd hand market which might be a lot for you, the 2nd edition is out soon but dont hold your breath.

The super collectors wish book is a cheap alternative, ive got the 3rd edition, it has all the vintage figures in there, im sure all the editions have all the vintage figures in there, its a big book with everything you could imagine starwars in it, its only about 20 bucks, it will do the job until you can pick up a 2nd edition kellerman book that might still be years away, and for 20 bucks you cant go wrong, im sure the kids would like going through the 400 odd colour pages of starwars collectables.

And any other books the guys mention in here im sure will be great, cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which books do you reference from?   Which books do you reference from? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which books do you reference from?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1