The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 1:10 pm

For me I would have to go with 8D8. Ya the robot was in a scene as a torture droid but all he did was pull a lever anything could have done that he was a pretty boring figure. For me the choise of what figure they should have done was a Rebel fleet Trooper as they were the first combatants seen in the movie, and it would have been fun making cardbord ship halls to recreate that opening battle with the right figure.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 2:49 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Who would you replace Madine with if you had a choice? :scratch:

As the cantina was one of my fav scenes, I would not have minded a Dr Evazan or a Garindan to lurk around Docking Bay 94  What a Face
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Paul -- Agreed! That would of been cool to see how they did her.

Larry -- I wonder how that figure got swept under the rug. I mean, come on! Opening scene!

Andy -- Perfect fig to scare children...everywhere around the world!
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 6:42 pm

I would have liked the Bat, the wolf and the yetti like alien with a lot of eyes he was hitting the hookah I believe lol!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Jedi_june wrote:
I would have liked the Bat, the wolf and the yetti like alien with a lot of eyes he was hitting the hookah I believe lol!

No kidding I think they would have been very popular if they did most of the Cantina Patrons it would have gone real good with the play set.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 11:16 pm

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 Arleil10

This one? If so, definitely!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 12:20 am

I was thinking about ideas/questions for the "QOTW" thread and I had a thought about one thing we could try. I was going to see if my wife Crystal can come up with some ideas on what a person who doesn't really know much about SW would ask and maybe we could get a few other of our better halves to see what they could come up with as well. We as veteran collectors and such my not think of what someone new my want to know or maybe they are not sure how to ask it. It may be a good way to help the new Padawans of the collecting and overall SW universe.
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 8:08 am

darthmatt22 wrote:
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 Arleil10

This one? If so, definitely!

That's him :awe:
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 9:02 am

arohk wrote:
I was thinking about ideas/questions for the "QOTW" thread and I had a thought about one thing we could try. I was going to see if my wife Crystal can come up with some ideas on what a person who doesn't really know much about SW would ask and maybe we could get a few other of our better halves to see what they could come up with as well. We as veteran collectors and such my not think of what someone new my want to know or maybe they are not sure how to ask it. It may be a good way to help the new Padawans of the collecting and overall SW universe.  

Excellent idea! :clap:
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 11:55 am

I'm not sure if this question has been asked, but who is:

Supreme Leader "Snoke" ???
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:19 pm

Jedi_june wrote:
I'm not sure if this question has been asked, but who is:

Supreme Leader "Snoke" ???

Quick answer: The big rumor going around was that he is Darth Plagueis, but the mo-cap actor Andy Serkis recently put that to rest and said that he is a character that is "aware of the events from the earlier films, but a new addition to the storyline."

Back to top Go down
LrdSatyr8
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
LrdSatyr8

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:58 am

Didn't Palpatine kill Plaugus? I could have swore he said that he was his Master (I think in Ep2) and had taught him how to defeat death itself... but then he turned around in Ep3 and said something to the fact to Anakin as his student that he killed his Master like I killed mine (or words to that effect)... mind you this is all off the top of my head so fact checkers may have to get out their references to either back me up or shut me down.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:12 am

LrdSatyr8 wrote:
Didn't Palpatine kill Plaugus?  I could have swore he said that he was his Master (I think in Ep2) and had taught him how to defeat death itself... but then he turned around in Ep3 and said something to the fact to Anakin as his student that he killed his Master like I killed mine (or words to that effect)... mind you this is all off the top of my head so fact checkers may have to get out their references to either back me up or shut me down.

You're right. The only detail people were going off of was how powerful he was in the force, and that his spirit may have survived to attach itself to another being and exact revenge on sidious and anyone else.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 1:44 pm

Question of the Week -- January 6, 2016

What was your first vintage Star Wars figure, and have you kept it to this day? Why or why not?
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 Kenner10
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 3:57 pm

First one I actually remember opening was wicket. Really he may be the only one I remember opening. Being the youngest of five I had hand me downs so I remember playing with others, but I don't remember ever getting any other than that wicket. I do still have him, not original spear but I have the original hood. He has deep scratches on his belly from play adventures. I don't recall exactly what but I think he was the mascot in a gi joe baseball game and he slid into home base on the sidewalk baseball diamond my friends and I drew out with chalk. Something along those lines. I will never let that wicket go. He has been with me for a long time and is the whole reason for my avatar and really for my collecting.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 12:48 pm

darthmatt22 wrote:
Question of the Week -- January 6, 2016

What was your first vintage Star Wars figure, and have you kept it to this day? Why or why not?

I'm sure C-3PO was my first figure, or at least that's the one I remember most as earliest. He more than likely got swopped or sold for records when the teenage years proper kicked in. I'm always a bit envious (but happy too Smile ) of collectors who still have some childhood figures. The last figure I remember seeing lying around in a box of soldiers about 10 years back was an accessory-less Bib Fortuna.
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 1:07 pm

I remember it so clearly Smile my aunt took me to see ESB I was only 4 Very Happy so I was scared of Darth Vader lol. My aunt surprised me don't really remember the day but she got my Luke, Leia, Darth Vader & a Tie Fighter Ship :0 I was so excited I played those toys out lol. I had them for years until my mom lost all my toys & comics in storage after I moved out! She never paid for the storage so it was lost for ever! Sad oh well! Collecting now just brings back great memories that could never be lost! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 pm

On a trip over the water to Liverpool to get my school uniform(1978) my mum got me my first figure(Han Solo) who was also my favorite character, sadly when i got in my early teens I don't know where my childhood figures went :scratch:
Very similar to this guy Very Happy
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 100_3607_zps0c2ryptg
Picture belongs to Jason(Mr Palitoy)borrowed from TIG figure of the week thread.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 4:23 pm

This Question of the Week is brought to you by: Larry (arohk), our Canadian Jedi!

Q:What was your first vintage Star Wars figure you customized and why?

*"Customized" can range from trimming a cape, switching (or adding) weapons to and from figures, painting weapons/ figures, etc.!

Here's Larry's awesome childhood customization on C3P0!

"Mine was C3P0 not only was he my first Star Wars figure but he was also the first one I customized as a kid. I was disappointed as my brother got Han Solo and I got a useless droid. He had no weapons and was boring so me being a model builder already had to do something about that. I outfitted him with guns and a flame thrower he was now a kick ass droid. I still have him in my collection to this day." -- Larry

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 005-910
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 006-1110
Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 007-510

Awesome C3P0 Larry, and thanks for your contribution to the QOTW!

So let's hear it guys! What was your first customized figure?

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 8:13 pm

First figure I customized.........I am going to guess it was Luke farmboy or Vader. I didn't have these new and these two were hand me downs so by the time I got them they needed lightsabers. Simple customs with some toothpicks (always had those around the house as my dad always used toothpicks after every meal).

Major customizations came later in life with reprinting and sculpting a few things. One of these days I will pull all of my customs out and see what kind of shape they are in anymore.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 12:50 am

trappedtexan wrote:
First figure I customized.........I am going to guess it was Luke farmboy or Vader.  I didn't have these new and these two were hand me downs so by the time I got them they needed lightsabers.  Simple customs with some toothpicks (always had those around the house as my dad always used toothpicks after every meal).  

Major customizations came later in life with reprinting and sculpting a few things.  One of these days I will pull all of my customs out and see what kind of shape they are in anymore.  

I imagine several toothpick related accidents to young Bryan when Luke and Vader clashed too hard.

lol!
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 2:13 am

No kidding the "Red" Vader saber was just blood stains lol.

Very cool though I always thought the tooth pick idea was cool myself Smile.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 3:22 am

Interesting Q of the W! cheers I don't consider myself a customiser and am way out of league with some of the cool customs we've seen over the years on TIG, but I like to have a go. I'm working on a Mean Machine for Bryan and an X-Wing pilot for myself atm. I  would love to say I made this turkey of a mongolian warrior R2-D2 as a kid, but I didn't, I made it just a couple of years ago (don't worry Bryan, Mean will be much better than this I hope )  Razz

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 R2cust13

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 R2cust14

Larry that's a great job you made all those years ago on 3PO, he looks good with some weaponary, reminds me of this ad from Palitoy, how often do you see this droid with a blaster,

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 Tvta3p10
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 3:32 pm

Love the mongolian warrior R2-D2 very cool,

Hmmm now that photo gives me an idea, I am going to have to do another custom 3P0, as my skills are way better then at 12 years old of a Kick Ass 3P0 Version 2 lol.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 The-le11

C3PX is an expanded universe figure that has been made into figure form at least once as far as I know.  Kind of looks like what you made before Larry. The x on his head where c3po has a dent is an identifying mark for him in the comics.

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 C-3px10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE   Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars Question of the Week! VOLUME ONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next