The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:49 am

I've been collecting these for about 12 months now since I found out about them. Amazingly detailed sculpts and well worth checking out if you grew up with Dr Who.

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Dscn5514

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Dscn5515
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:26 am

My brother collects just the Daleks (Dapol), i have radio controlled one about 12" tall and of course this ...

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Goldie_2

Smile
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:28 pm

yo rob,that thing is awesome.how do you manage to keep it in such great shape.Dan Shocked Shocked
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Here's some pics of my 15 year old daughter's collection she started about a year ago. She's the coolest teenager ever! We're both huge fans! Long live Russell T. Davies!

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread 01910
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread 01810
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread 01710
Back to top Go down
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Nice!! Gotta love that lifesize Dalek and the FC Tardis. Smile
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:28 pm

Rob

I just showed that picture of Goldie to my daughter. We're hopping on a plane to England tonight-she wants to check it out in person, so get the tea ready, we'll be there soon! Laughing
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:36 pm

Awesome. Seeing those figures just gave me a flood of memories of the show. Matt Smith better not let us down!

I've got a TARDIS on my desk that's set to flash when my mobile rings and make the "engine" of the TARDIS sound. NOBODY knows what it is LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 8:43 pm

hahaha that's funny darth.keep em guessing. lol!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 2:49 am

Hehe, Goldie stays in great shape because my kids know better than to maul it Wink

Kettles on m8, Goldies armed and ready (its "ears" light up as does its eye), i was going to buy an old motorised wheelchair to make it man-drivable, then decided on radio controlling the motorised chair stuff but lack of funds has ended that idea for now, im considering selling it at the mo theres been 2 people asking about it, decisions decisions Rolling Eyes

Great pix those m8, i actually took my kids to Wales (Llangolen) where the Dapol factory was, seen all the original pieces like the car, various Daleks, loads of enemies, seen them making the Dapol Daleks, got some made for our kids too, this was back in the 90s, its not there now - GONE!

Im glad you like Dr Who John, ive met loads of yanks who just dont get it lol
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:19 pm

BIG thanks to Brad for letting me know about this thread, cheers m8 Smile I love the collection belonging to your daughter, Brad, she's so cool to like all that Cool
Love all the other Who stuff on this thread too, some of you guys have some amazing stuff!
Life size Dalek = mega-uber-supra cool!!
Here's a few of the Dr Who collectables I own:

5" figures including brand new Matt Smith 'The eleventh Doctor Crash set'.
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Ebay2_14

Radio controlled talking Davros (approx 18"):
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Ebay2_15

Detail of Davros:
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Ebay2_16

Doctor Who die cast by Corgi:
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Ebay2_17

thanks again Brad Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 1:37 pm

Paul

Always glad to help out a fellow DW fan.

I forgot to comment on how much I dig that Davros. It's friggin' awesome!

I can see why it scares your kid. Just the picture alone is pretty intimidating affraid

Brad
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 7:33 pm

none of the fig ring any ell , that is so strange , where was i when all this happend , probebly skateboarding

the thing is iam ammassed that everyone knows of this ,

but not as much as hearing rob say , he's think of selling his big as goldie

what up rob , you always where so proud about her

hope you make the right dessicion
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:59 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
none of the fig ring any ell , that is so strange , where was i when all this happend , probebly skateboarding

the thing is iam ammassed that everyone knows of this ,

but not as much as hearing rob say , he's think of selling his big as goldie

what up rob , you always where so proud about her

hope you make the right dessicion

Jimmy, I think I found out why Rob wants to sell his beloved Goldie...

look what Goldie's been getting up to while Rob is out Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Katy_m10

lol! lol! lol!

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 3:02 pm

recognise the assistant? Katy Manning who played Jo Grant - assistant to Jon Pertwee's Doctor in the early 70s!

Groovy!

Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:54 pm

Haha! That is one great pic Paul. Did they sell this as an action figure back then? If they did I'm hitting ebay right now! Shocked
Back to top Go down
vintageSWfan
Force Addict
Force Addict
vintageSWfan

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:00 pm

Nice pic Paul.

Sweeet.

Dan. cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

ctscanman68 wrote:
Haha! That is one great pic Paul. Did they sell this as an action figure back then? If they did I'm hitting ebay right now! Shocked

lol! lol! lol! nice one Brad, if they had then It would definitely be one to bust out of the card and bubble immediately lol.

Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:15 am

Well after consideration i have decided to have a small side focus on a different line and i have went for Dr Who Smile

Im only going to collect Daleks and they will have a small display area in my collection room when i get things finished.

I recently picked up the Series 1 Dalek - The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Dsc00811

I personally really enjoed the new series and im looking forward to the Xmas specials.

One Dalek that became a must have for me was the WW2 Ironside Dalek which was commision by Churchill to fight along side the british against the Nazis.

They seem to be selling out everywhere but i managed to pick on up at Forbidden Plant in Middlesbrough today Smile

For those that havent seen it yet here it is -

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread 4764578550_8883584bdf_z

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Dr_who10

Jay

Last edited by jaymassive619 on Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 12:30 pm

Jay - that Ironside Dalek is well badass! Cool

Also liking the series one you got. Are you just going to collect them on their cards and packs or will you be tempted to get some loose? You can always find loose DW at car boots.
You will do well to stick with just the Daleks as the Cybermen scullpts are pretty tempting too - now I got to hope that the toy shop in Aix en provence stocks some DW figs
lol!

Here's the last dalek I bought btw - Dalek Thay with cool back panel sculpt:

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Dalekt10

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread Dalekt11

Ps any news fom Brad? He likes his DW too. Havn't heard off him awhile?

Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Hey Guys,
Allright like it or not I'm back! Twisted Evil
I know I've been gone for awhile(long story). But what better time to make a return than with a thread about the greatest tv show ever made! There's no way I could pass up posting on this subject.

Paul-that Dalek with the back panel is pretty kick-ass!

Jay-welcome to the wonderful world of THE DOCTOR! That Ironside Dalek is friggin awesome. That is a definite future must-buy!

Look forward to seeing more stuff in here in the future.

Brad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 9:40 pm

I couldn't give a monkeys about Dr Who but if Brad is posting again I am happy Cool

Panchi missed his hugs Brad!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 3:35 pm

Good Cool Brad is back, great to hear from you buddy! Panchi was wondering where you had got to during that last raffle as well Smile

Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 6:36 am

Joe and Paul
Thanks for the welcome back, I apprecitate it!
I tried to stay away put Panchi pulled me back in. No one can resist the power of Panchi! bow bow (Even though he forsakes me at EVERY raffle! Sad )
Brad
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:07 am

Even I won a raffle Brad! pirat
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 7:11 am

Joe_O wrote:
Even I won a raffle Brad! pirat

That's the final straw! Evil or Very Mad I'm leaving again and never coming back! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next