The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Nice selection of Daleks Eddie. Thanks for sharing!  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 4:52 am

Great Dalek pics, Eddie  Cool 

dalek  dalek 

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Radio-10

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Thundershot
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thundershot

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2013 2:06 pm

Cheers Smile 

I've been seriously trying to avoid collecting Daleks on a large scale as I just know I'd bankrupt myself trying to keep up with Characters release schedule Laughing 

The Character Building Daleks have to be my favorites
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 9360652082_8359a2d9d1_c

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 5:56 am

Hmm, is it just me or does the new 3.75 Twelfth Doctor action figure look like Jeremy Clarkson?  Suspect  affraid 

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 11531810
pic: Forbidden Planet/Character Options

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Articl10

it's happened before!  What a Face 

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 The_na10
http://doctorwhotoys.net/

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Clarks10

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 6:44 am

lol!

Perhaps the sculpter is a fan.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 10:18 am

haha....

I would love a Top Gear series figure line!
Creepy Top Gear figures. Too expensive and not really figures, but if ReAction out them out, I'd be all over them.

Some say he plays with his toy action figures on a daily basis. All we know is,he's called the Stig! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
DarthSwales
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
DarthSwales

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 10:01 am

Finally got my 'War Doctor' figure yesterday!!! cheers

Great figure! The likeness on this figure is one of CO's best, right up there with the Roger Delgado figure. Really pleased we have him. I hope that the amazing success of this figure will encourage CO/UT to put more 5" figures out there; at my local Forbidden Planet store they only had one left despite getting a load of stock the other day - fortunately Dad had phoned in advance and asked them to put a couple aside for me and him, otherwise one of us would have went home unhappy!

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 War_110

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 War_210

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 War_310

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 War_410

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 War_510

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 War_710

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 War_610

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2014 4:02 pm

Great pics DSW, glad you stopped by. Love that War Doctor sculpt  cheers 

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 3:59 pm

DW full trailer... this new Who seems to have a bit of a dark, industrial feel to it I think   What a Face  

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 4:14 pm

Thanks for sharing Paul, that's the first time I've seen it.
I'm looking forward to seeing what Peter brings to the character.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 9:04 pm

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out if there is a TARDIS that is on par with the 3 3/4 scale figures.
I have the Flight Control Tardis, but that is more for 6" (???) figures. It is too big and I want to downsize it.

So, is there anything out there that would fit in better with the 3 3/4 inch figs? It doesn't have to make sounds or open (but that would be cool) .... just looking for something I can slip in my SW collection as a bit of funny.

Anyway............

thanks!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 25, 2014 2:54 am

Jay, you need the 3.75 inch Character Options Spin and Fly Tardis (2013): http://doctorwhotoys.net/spinandflytardis.htm

perfect for SW scale figs Cool

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Spin_a10
Photo: DoctorWhoToysnet

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Spin_a11
3.75" scale Spin and Fly Tardis and 5" scale Flight Control Tardis.
Photo: Cyberlek

Alternatively, if you want something cheaper and less functional, try searching online for 'Tardis' ... there were all sorts of misc objects made like shampoo sets, keyrings, wind-up toys, tins, money boxes etc etc.

Back to top Go down
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2015 11:24 pm

Just got a deluxe 12' scarf in the mail a few days ago. Only a few more things to go until my 4th Doctor costume is complete Very Happy
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 102_0210
Back to top Go down
http://japanesestarwarscollection.webs.com/index.html
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 12:56 pm

Josh_T wrote:
Just got a deluxe 12' scarf in the mail a few days ago. Only a few more things to go until my 4th Doctor costume is complete Very Happy
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 102_0210

Don't forget a bag of jelly babies to put inside one of your pockets Wink

Josh, that is so cool. Can't wait to see pics when it's all finshed and ready to go :clap:  
Is the K-9 a custom build by you? Looks way cool already. Will it be RC?

Back to top Go down
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
Don't forget a bag of jelly babies to put inside one of your pockets Wink

Josh, that is so cool. Can't wait to see pics when it's all finshed and ready to go :clap:  
Is the K-9 a custom build by you? Looks way cool already. Will it be RC?

Thanks Smile  The K-9 is a custom build by me, but I'm going to start over on it soon. This one is made from foam board so it's not very durable lol!  The next one will be lightweight plywood and hopefully I'll be able to make it RC.
Back to top Go down
Josh_T
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Josh_T

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 1:34 pm

Almost complete cheers  just waiting on a fabric sample to make a more accurate vest and a few modifications to the jacket and it will be complete.
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 104_0310
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 2:23 pm

:clap: top work Josh, looks really cool cheers

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:18 pm

dalek
Time for an update. Here are a few things I've had come in over the past few months.

12th Doctor. I think this is a good likeness of Peter Capaldi and the detailing on his costume is very good.
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Dw_1210

War Doctor / with 8th Doctor head change. This is just so cool and an excellent likeness of John Hurt and decent one of Paul McGann. The detailing on the costume is one of the best I've seen.
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Dw_war11

8th Doctor head change.
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Dw_810

War Doctor and 12th Doctor.
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Dw_war10

Classic episode DVDs and the excellent 2013 drama An Adventure in Space and Time - showing the origins of the show and the first Doctor cheers
The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Dw_12_10

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 2:27 pm

Very cool Paul. I am still wanting to start watching some Dr Who, but haven't had a ton of spare time and haven't bought any of the dvds yet. Embarassed

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 3:33 pm

Technically he's 13 Paul Smile

Josh - I have the same scarf! Love it!

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2016 5:33 pm

DarthBerizing wrote:

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Dw_12110

As someone who knows nothing of Dr Who, if he is thirteenth why does the box say twelfth?

Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 2:24 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Dw_12110

As someone who knows nothing of Dr Who, if he is thirteenth why does the box say twelfth?

Bryan, this is going to make your head hurt a bit lol!

He's known as 'twelfth' but there was the 'War Doctor' (see my other figure earlier) who appeared between Doctors 'Eighth' and 'Ninth' but who was initially shunned by subsequent Doctors for his war crimes. He's never numbered but technically the 'War Doctor' is 'Ninth', 'Ninth' as we know him is 'Tenth', 'Tenth' is 'Eleventh', 'Eleventh' is 'Twelfth', making the 'Twelfth' (as we know him - Peter Capaldi) actually 'Thirteenth' in terms of actual characters in the role.

A Doctor has 12 regenerations in a cycle. As far back as 1976 this was stated clearly. In recent years the BBC production team had to come up with a way of addressing that soon the Doctor would run out of regenerations and would have to die. So they luckily had the Timelords grant the Doctor a thirteenth regeneration and brand new cycle  phew

This actually occurred in 'Eleventh's' tenure (= 10 regenerations) but mathematically it doesn't add until you factor in the 'War Doctor' regeneration and an aborted regeneration by the 'tenth' Doctor that still counted as a regeneration. Add these two 'extras' and this maxes out 'Eleventh' and puts the 'Twelfth' Doctor on a brand new cycle of regenerations - giving him another 12 lives!

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 4:33 pm

Shocked :scratch: head bang affraid :I am stupid: unsure doh

Gotta study up on some Dr Who. So counting the "aborted regeneration by the 'tenth' Doctor that still counted as a regeneration" the twelth doctor is the actually the thirteenth or the fourteenth?

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2016 6:33 pm

You mean I have to understand math to like this show?!

Ew!!!

rofl
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 7:26 am

The 2010 Supreme Dalek which at last completes my Dalek Paradigm set dalek

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Suprem11

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Suprem12

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 Suprem10

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 The_da10

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 The_da11

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Doctor Who Collecting Thread   The Doctor Who Collecting Thread - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Doctor Who Collecting Thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next