The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:48 pm

Larry, I don't think so. I have looked for pics but like you have not found any from the back to show. His boots look close fitting and I watched the movie not long ago and don't remeber him using a knife in the movie. His holster is also on the waist, which is a change from other versions.

In other news I have been told by two of the three guys making things that they are ok with me releasing their name. So the list is:
Judge Dredd eagle comics version - James
Judge Dredd Stallone movi version - Larry
Judge Dredd new movie version - Jim
Abc war robot from Stallone movie - Alex the general
Judge Anderson comic book version - Jay the psybertech (fitting for hm since the badge on her says PSI)
Mean machine Angel - ??????????? Haven't gotten a response yet
Judge Death - ??????????? Haven't had any response on this one yet so it may not be happening yet

I am going to pull up my box of extra beaters in the next day or so and any of you who may need beater kenner figures for these feel free to contact me and I can check to see if I have the needed figures. I have offered this in private to a couple of you, but sorry to say I forgot for others.

I will also be trying to take a picture of the figure I got already, but I am limited to my phone camera as my other camera is MIA for now.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 12:10 am

Well, I still didn't get around to taking pics yet, but I did get a really nice statue. I managed to get the judge Dredd Mattel statue which though is an older statue is also a really cool item. It is my first statue purchase ever but man the thing is huge and heavy. I am super excited to have this side focus. I will get pics up eventually (I hope to find my camera this coming weekend).

If any of you customizers want to add pics and details on your stuff feel free.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 1:05 am

So here are some shots of the Dredd figure so far. The first few are what I had started to do but wasnt happy with. I do say the figure I used fits ol sly stallone pretty good.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0039_zpsiyoyqpvv
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0040_zpsoenkaond
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0043_zpsyhvzxdw8

Various bit's that need to be assembled and installed
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0057_zps0vkqxr4g
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0044_zpsgmuxaa3p

These here are the new way it is now. I have to put it together and touch up a few bit's and finish off the classified item I am also doing. The colour was darker at first then I went with a lighter blue I think it was a good call. I stillneed to do the helmet hopefully I don't bugger it as I only have the one Smile.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0047_zpszbymxx5e
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0056_zpson8xnsok
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0048_zpsy1om7tqe
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 IMG_0054_zpspq7bddnw
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 11:49 am

Larry, that's a great start on the Stallone Dredd cheers I like the choice of figure you used. He's shaping up nice. I'm working on the Mean Machine Angel fig, just waiting on a few parts to come in and I can get started.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 11:56 am

Larry that is freaking awesome!!!!! I have a few extra helmets for Lando, but it looks like your using a gi joe helmet (wetsuit maybe?) and I don't have any joe stuff anymore. Man I cant wait to see it finished. :Drool:

And since Paul said it, he is the one making Mean Machine Angel for me. cheers
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks for the compliments so far on him, I am not sure which GI Joe the helmet goes to I found it at Cherry Bomb here in Victoria and it fits what I wanted. Here is a pics of the helmet before I started work on it
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Gi_joe11
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 12:03 am

Little bit more work done I wanted the arms to still be movable so I came up with a rather clever idea. I need to wait for the helmet to dry and add some bits a pieces and he is done.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Img_0032
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Img_0033
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Img_0034
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Img_0035

Well the eagle head is bad but I never claimed to be a sculpture lol
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 12:38 pm

Larry, that is super cool. Amazing to see the transformation from a han carbonite to a judge dredd. I am super excited on these. This judge dredd side focus has allowed me to step away from "mainstream" vintage toys and go in a more obscure path. I never had statues or models before and now I am getting some of those types of things in this collection. I never realized how cool statues are as they have so much detail it is freaking unreal. I keep saying this, but I promise I will get a camera worth a crap and take pics of this stuff. It is taking longer than I thought to find my camera, but I finally have the home computer back up and running so I can upload pics easier again. (the ipad is crap for uploading pics).
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 9:27 pm

Finally found my camera so I am getting these up in here.  Not the best pics due to my skills I am afraid.  This is the dredd that Jim made for me based on the newest dredd movie released with Karl Urban.  Pretty freaking cool and believe me these crap pics don’t do it justice at all.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 100_1138

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 100_1139

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 100_1140
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 pm

The Karl Urban Dredd looks awesome cheers Really like the look of the helmet design and uniform.

Nice work, Jim!

I'm being a slow coach sorry. Mean Machine is planned out but haven't had chance to get started yet.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 6:53 pm

Jeez Paul get busy. indy

Just kidding, take your time. This is supposed to be fun and at your leisure, not rushed. I am just happy to have friends making them for me.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 7:02 pm

I am in the same boat as you Paul lol. But the figure is done,I tried to add as many SW items as I could the weapon holster just little things, now I just need to put him away so I can finish the other part and not go oh maybe I should put this on him Smile.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 20150511
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 20150512
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 20150513
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 20150514
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:39 pm

Larry, that is freaking fantastic. I can not wait to have it in hand. You keep eluding to a bonus. I didn't ask for anything else? unsure I don't want the surprise ruined so no hints.

Can't get over the awesomeness of this. This little side focus has shaped up to be AWESOME. I couldn't ask for better friends. Well, I could but probably wouldn't get any better ones. lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2015 6:28 am

Larry, that looks awesome with all the accessories  cheers

trappedtexan wrote:
This little side focus has shaped up to be AWESOME.  
I couldn't ask for better friends.  Well, I could but probably wouldn't get any better ones.
lol!

Yep, afraid you're stuck with us, Bryan Very Happy

I also have a couple of little 'bonus' items I'll be sending cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2015 3:40 pm

All these bonus items, you guys are going to spoil me. lol!
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:47 pm

Want to bump this up to the top. I have asked and you guys answered. Some of these are in process now. I have gotten some work in progress pics and am excited to see these things coming about.

Also an awesome guy in a chickenshack told me he wants to do another villain from the series as well as the dredd he is already doing. Huge thanks go to him.

Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 10:05 pm

we do love to do customs it's like a disease but we don't need a cure. I wonder what this new villain will be knowing the Chickenman it will be good Smile, mine I am just doing the finishing of the surprize it's not exactly movie accurate but it's going to be cool.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 30, 2015 2:52 pm

I just got an update from Mezco and my dredd will be delivered to me on the 2nd. I am so looking forward to getting this in hand. BigBadToyStore has also gotten a preorder up for a dredd with the lawmaster bike, but it is to costly for me. No

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=OOC10006&mode=retail

The bike looks fantastic, and maybe way in the future I can find a used one. I think the figure will be the same as the one I ordered. I know things are busy as heck lately, but if any of the guys who I asked to customize something have things in the works feel free to post them up for everyone to see.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:07 pm

I have photos of the mezco just about ready to go. I just have to get on my desktop and load them up to the gallery here.

On another note I have another custom project I am wanting done. I have a reference pic in my gallery of it. Apparently somewhere in the dredd universe there was a Santa clause dredd. I found a war hammer miniature of it which looks very different to the comic art I found. If anyone I haven't asked before wants to try to tackle a project like that using Kenner figures as a base so it has the same scale as the others I am getting let me know.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 11:53 am

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Image64

This is the santa dredd figure I want done.  The miniature game figure I found has the same suit but instead of a helmet he has an eye patch covering his left eye and a set of goggles on his head to pull down.  I don't care for that as much as this look.  The helmet is kind of iconic to the dredd universe.  Does anybody want to try to tackle this?
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:13 pm

Bryan, If you don't get any takers I don't mind having a go mate What a Face
I'm not currently up to the custom standard of James/Clint/Paul and Larry but if no takers I don't mind having a bash cheers

Could do with a bigger picture thou mate, that is really small on my iPad :scratch:

If you already have someone on the case, no worries at all man What a Face

Cheers Andy Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:33 pm

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 Image64

I have no takers yet Andy. If you want to give it a got that would be awesome. Pm sent to you. Hope the picture is bigger now also.
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:38 pm

That's what I'm talking about Bryan, much better picture, I'll give it my best shot mate cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Sweet so now Andy is doing Santa dredd. Thanks man. cheers
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 9:26 pm

I don't know how two companies can have the same license at the same time, but apparently as well as the mezco dredd stuff that I have shown, a company called 3 A is also producing judge dredd stuff. Here is the link to the law master and dredd that is being offered by them. http://www.worldofthreea.com/threea-production-blog/0y7qm3grnfh24c6df09vujeaq4155s

I need to look them over a bit better, but I haven't decided which I want more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next