The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 8:00 pm

I am very disappointed that Hasbro has knocked off the TVC line in favor of the back in black series but the 6" figure back in black just look awesome. I plan on getting them.

anyone here doing the same?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 11:11 pm

The black serie looks cool. 

However, I will save my money for the Vintage Collection Slave I, TIE Interceptor, and X-Wing this year. 

http://www.japanstarwars.com/topics/2013/06/16.html
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:32 am

I've been kicking the idea around since they were first announced.  I may pop for the Sandtrooper and R2-D2.  I wouldn't mind having the SDCC Fett exclusive but I wouldn't pay even a third of what they are selling for on eBay at the moment so it's unlikely I will ever own one.

My big question of course is how well will they do with Darth Vader when they get around to him?  I'm not an admirer of how they have handled the sculpts in general and am completely mystified by how positively people have reviewed the most recent Vintage Collection figure. It's cool that it is on a Star Wars backer board but I think it is the absolute worst version of the character to date.

At this point I am also being lured by Mattel's line for the 1966 Batman!
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 4:03 am

I may pick up a few. R2 Boba Fett and a Yoda if they are making one! Cool
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 pm

well its coming soon. The r2 unit is a big disapoinment , those following this probably know all the details. Nonetheless , i plan on getting the figures of this line... this will slow me down for vintage stuff though.

Sad
Back to top Go down
AussieFortuna
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
AussieFortuna

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:58 am

budspencer wrote:
well its coming soon. The r2 unit is a big disapoinment , those following this probably know all the details. Nonetheless , i plan on getting the figures of this line... this will slow me down for vintage stuff though.

Sad

lol, Bud i happened to stumble upon you expressing your dislike over on RS for the R2 and getting in a bit of a drama, then i thought, where did he go in the thread, i looked under your name and i saw 'banned' Twisted Evil lol, you gotta know when to hold em Bud :I am stupid: 
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:37 pm

To make a long story short. The forums have a few (censored ) that i had the unfortunate displeasure to deal with. I got into an argument about the 6 inch artoo and how it was out of scale and a few of these gentleman were chiming in and making ridicule of what i was saying, Blaming everything from bad camera angles to the virgin Mary not wanting to believe anything i was saying and demolishing my logic behind my posts. I had posted evidence that the toy was out of scale and other had too but they attacked me more than the others. The people who believed r2 was out of scale started to post photo evidence form the chinese toy boards that the toy was indeed out of scale and that bunch was still arguing that it was not the case. They were saying that they were going to wait until they got the toy to see if it was out of scale or not. The evidence was right in their face. It could not have been any clearer than that. These persons were really starting to (censored) me off and i started to call them  "Hasbro cheerleaders."

Hasbro cheerleaders= someone who thinks that hasbro can't do no wrong in any shape or way possible with their toys even if there was evidence that there was something wrong with the toy that hasbro has done. Example: distribution issue, scale size, paint app problems....

I am a very stubborn person when i have opinions but i held to my beliefs.
I started to call them out on the boards, starting to get fed up with their attitude. One of them dudes actually liked to follow me around and argued anything i was putting on any of the boards whether my comments made sense or not he chimed in and just argued with me. I am not saying that he was wrong all the time but he was just burning me by lurking around me all the time. I was starting to get upset with this behavior and raised it up a bar that i would not accept to be bullied on the board. I pushed and they pushed back reporting me. I got banned for 2 weeks being accused of trolling. I wrote to the mods of the site and said to them that i would rather receive a permanent ban than coming back and facing those same people who were following me on the boards. It was better for me to walk away from this and these kind of people. And thats it. I got banned and i dont want to deal with these people anymore. It bothered me at first but now its in the past and i dont care about rebelscum anymore. It has a bunch of nice people but you do have a few of them that can really hit your last nerve and make you lose it completely.

so i walked away. I am happier. I have people here who are fun to be around and i have other webpages i roam on now to get my star wars fix.

Last edited by budspencer on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:50 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:42 pm

anyways, I am super happy, I finally completed wave 1 today and i have a second sandtrooper which is just a fantastic toy.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:46 pm

budspencer wrote:
anyways, I am super happy, I finally completed wave 1 today and i have a second sandtrooper which is just a fantastic toy.
I am not going to fuel any drama, that is why I like it here, but, I did order a Sandtrooper and can't wait to get him.
He looks great and I hope he fits in with my Stormy Army I have going.

If you do a write up in your limelight on him, I will gladly read and check it out!

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 pm

I have to say that this Toy line is awesome it shatters everything we thought we could see about the star wars toys because it it that damn good!

Last edited by budspencer on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 8:16 pm

D'OH!

Posted my reply here, not where the vids are!!!!!!!!!!

Moving reply now...... but thanks!!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:50 am

Here is my boba Smile
Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? Img_5237

I like the 6" scale, not sure if they are only aimed at collectors, saw some kids getting them at CEII, but I would have loved this sized star wars figures when I was a kid. Think it's a good size.
I bought two when I was there, one to sell later and one for myself Smile couldn't resist the temptation and thought why not.

I really like the stormtrooper as well, that one is awesome.

Just want to add, if you think the prices on ebay are unfair. It did cost 55euro to buy it, thats about 73 usd, around half what they are selling for on ebay.
You could only buy one per person, unless you did like me and had a buddy or family member that didn't want one, buy one for you. There was a rather long line and if I got it right it's an exclusive. Dunno about the rest who bought, but I wouldn't sell mine for less then I paid for it, considering the trouble it was getting it. But that's just me, maybe someone will sell it for around a third 40~usd Razz Should go less opened I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:48 am

Bud, do you have r2 yet? I don't want to get mixed on the rebelscum stuff, I don't go there at all after what happened to joseph. And this question have nothing to do with it.
The r2 looks great on the pictures, just want to know if it looks as great in reality.
The exclusive Boba was a bit less then i expected for the price, considering the paint jobb could have been done better. But now I like it a lot. Haven't even taken it out of the box yet. I've seen that you can pose it a lot but for now he will be stuck in the box.

I was excited about the 3.75" figures but after seeing them, I think I'm sticking to the 6" figures in this line.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 6:17 pm

The figures and packaging look ace.

That's also what this guy thinks...

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 10:41 am

Damn him, he got the sand trooper! Razz Maybe he want to by my spare boba lol
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:28 pm

I decided on one figure to go along with my little Stormy Army and man, this thing is cool!
If these were like this when we were kids, wow!!!!!
Very cool. Cool

The only downside is his backpack, is very heavy and makes standing a it awkward, especially if you throw on the two rifles, but it works.

Anyway....... I had to take a couple pictures.

Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? 9519282128_dac58aec03_b
Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? 9519281488_26f20045f4_b

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:46 pm

I told myself I was going to steer clear of this line, but that Sandtrooper is sweet Jay. I'm very tempted!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:46 pm

I can sense that you want a boba exclusive next to that, you want to buy my boba exclusive. Very Happy

I love the stormtrooper:) It looks real.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 3:48 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
I told myself I was going to steer clear of this line, but that Sandtrooper is sweet Jay. I'm very tempted!
Unless they do a Leia Bespin, Luke Farmboy, Vader or Fett, I am done. I always liked sandtroopers and made a few as a kid outta Stormys, so this just seemed cool and once I figure out how to display him next to his tiny brothers, I think it will be even cooler to see.

It definitely is well done!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dcarty
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
dcarty

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Cool, thanks for posting the pics psybertech, I just ordered one of the Sandtroopers yesterday!

I will most likely buy Vader when he becomes available too even if they do something insanely stupid and base the sculpt on Revenge of the Sith.

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 2:21 am

After seeing this I think I'll hold on to mine lol j/k
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SDCC-2013-Comic-Con-Star-Wars-Black-Series-Boba-Fett-with-Han-Solo-in-Carbonite-/251310693915?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3a8348de1b

Wonder what made that one go up so much.
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 5:48 pm

Right now i actually have 2 artoos' 2 sandtrooper and 1 luke and 1 Maul.

I planned to buy at least 2 of each but at least 5 sandtroopers.

There was a small wave of availability a couple of weeks ago but these disappeared quick where i live. I have to wait for walmart to restock.

They are all great really. The only caveat in this wave is the size of r2-d2 which many people say is out of scale like i said but the other figures are awesome but the sandtrooper is the best sandtrooper action figure i have ever seen coming from hasbro. It is a statue with being a statue. The details on this toy are insane.

This line is going to go far. It seems to sell out quick compared to the newer smaller toys. Honestly i would not mind seeing Hasbro do most if not all of the original line which would be 93 or so figures. They have announced a biker scout figure with its own 6 inch scale speeder bike for fall 2014 so this mean that the line is still going to go on one year from now and more.

they have already announced wave 3 and each wave is 4 figures which already brings the total to 12 figures in a very short amount of time. I can see Hasbro doing these until the new movie comes out. I am also almost sure that the new movie will also have its own 6 inch line.

I think this line is here to stay now and might overrun the small scale line soon...

this is the stuff that people will talk about in 20 years...the kenner vintage stuff and this line. Pretty much else will just be forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 6:04 pm

I think these will go far as well.
I hope they do the standard stormtrooper as well.
Shut up and take my money!
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 9:24 pm

from what i understand he is in wave 3
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2013 11:44 pm

The 2nd wave I do believe is Han Solo, Leia Slave girl, Greedo and Boba Fett.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?   Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone going to collect the 6 inch Black Series figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next