The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 9:26 am

trappedtexan wrote:
That is freaking awesome. Great job, don't forget to sign it somewhere

Thanks i am glad you like it Very Happy will do Bryan, my tag used to be "smity" a nickname i had but i have changed it to "rids" now!!

this is first time i have ever had feedback apart the mrs and nephews cheers guys!!

And just putting this quick sketch in for Bryan!! Your very own badge Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley Stormie Smiley

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 20160529
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 6:17 pm

Look at what the mailman left me today.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2024
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2025
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2023
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2022
Very happy to add these to my dredd stuff. Thanks a ton to mark for this awesome addition. Now I need to find some frames.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 13, 2016 6:24 pm

More than welcome Bryan, chuffed somebody wanted a picture done lol!

Glad you like it, I was nervous affraid
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 4:21 am

:clap: that is awesome. Mark, you have some skills. Good to see the evoltiuon of the sketch to the added colours. The badge should be 'I am the Mod' though thinking

Bryan, I've earmarked tomorrow afternoon to finish the paint apps for Mean indy Angry SW

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2016 4:28 am

[quote"Artoo_Detour"]:clap:  that is awesome. Mark, you have some skills. Good to see the evoltiuon of the sketch to the added colours. The badge should be 'I am the Mod' though thinking

Thanks Paul Stormie Smiley

I love drawing and your right about the badge lol!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 11:07 am

Needs a few finishing touches and a varnish, then Resurrected Mean Machine is complete I think.  
This was a lot harder than I imagined. But not looking too bad for a first attempt I reckon.
Kudos to all customisers of 3.75 action figures, making these is some challenge!
@Trappedtexan I'll make a new post in Tosch or somewhere with finished pics when it's done.

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Mean_m14
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Mean_m15

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 11:17 am

You did this from scratch? thats awesome for a first attempt Paul  :clap: :clap:

Kudos to you, cant wait to see the finished product!! Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 11:46 am

Cheers Mark. It's made from beater vintage parts - bits of Pruneface, IG-88, Han, Rancor Keeper and some epoxy parts.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun May 15, 2016 12:11 pm

That turned out great. Thanks a lot. He will look awesome battling dredd in my display. cheers

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2016 11:01 pm

http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2016/05/i-am-law-xensation-af15-16th-scale.html

Just stumbled across this. Apparently this company, xensation, is making a 12 inch dredd based on the Stallone film. Odd time to come out with a figure for that movie, but maybe they saw the other dredd stuff and just snatched what they could.

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 1:23 am

Been a while since I dropped in but some great artwork posted recently (both original and the Star Wars 2000AD crossover pictures), also the figure sculpt is looking great! Very Happy

I was just going to post up a link to the new 12" Dredd figure but can see  was pipped to the post. I must admit that the I'm struggling to see the Stallone likeness on the head sculpt but the rest of it looks pretty good. Still waiting for the 3A dread to arrive ( who knows how long that's going to take let alone the last couple of dark judges), also the Mezco Dredd bike seems to be late but hopefully good things come to those who wait.

I'll drop by a bit more frequently now and see what other great Dredd related things get posted up, oh and Bryan I have a spare pinball topper that I can sort out for you if you're still looking for one?

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 3:20 pm

Ian, I will check with you after I get some funds back. Been blowing lots of my collection funds lately on other things. Need to recover for a bit before spending more. Not much dredd related either.. No

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 3:35 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Ian, I will check with you after I get some funds back.  Been blowing lots of my collection funds lately on other things.  Need to recover for a bit before spending more.  Not much dredd related either.. No  

Absolutely no rush Bryan, it won't be going anywhere so just let me if you do want it at some point as it's all yours and I'll definitely contact you if I do ever want to move it on.

I know what you mean about recovering from spending on other things as I seem to be constantly finding other toy lines that takes my fancy (not to mention boring things in life that we all have to pay out on at times) Laughing

Ian
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 7:35 am

trappedtexan wrote:
http://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2016/05/i-am-law-xensation-af15-16th-scale.html

Just stumbled across this.  Apparently this company, xensation, is making a 12 inch dredd based on the Stallone film.  Odd time to come out with a figure for that movie, but maybe they saw the other dredd stuff and just snatched what they could.

Thanks for the link. I really like this figure and also struggling to see the Stallone likeness, not much to go on granted, and probably a good thing it doesn't look like Rocky in a Judge costume lol!

I finished Bryan's custom Mean Machine and made some wip photos here: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t8582-mean-machine-angel-custom-for-bryan

Sorry it took so long, Bryan. Will be sending him on to you shortly.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 2:43 pm

Man I really stalled out on the dredd stuff. I decided that I wasn't going to invest in the bikes as they came out and now I don't know if I want to try to dedicate the room for them. I still want the 3A figures (especially the dark judges) but am holding off until I know they are going to make all 4 dark judges. Otherwise I just want the dredd figure I think.

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 3:04 pm

It's become quite a long wait for those 3A figures but they should be on their way over the next few months looking at the 3A site.

All the dark Judges have been released for pre-order except Judge Fire and I've not heard anything yet to indicate his release. Maybe it's to tricky to pull off as a figure to sit in with the rest of them but there have been some pictures of Dredd in a dark blue outfit that has yet to come out for pre-order so perhaps it will be along at some point in the future (I seem to remember reading from someone involved in producing these figures that there was going to be a special set with maybe all the dark Judges that was based on a piece of classic art).

I'm also still waiting for the Mezco bike that seems to be also taking a lifetime to come out but again it should be along any day now. It'll probably end up raining Judges in one particular month and end up being a fight to fit everything in my cabinet!

I say take the plunge though with regards to getting a Dredd room set up, you know it makes sense Cool

Ian
Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2016 1:10 am

Just read on 3A Facebook page that they are making Judges Fire and Anderson and should be along towards the end of the year (I'm thinking it'll be a pre-order at best with that date given). Great news though and it's going to making one hell of a diorama when all these figures are put together! Very Happy

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 11:20 am

Palifan wrote:
Just read on 3A Facebook page that they are making Judges Fire and Anderson and should be along towards the end of the year (I'm thinking it'll be a pre-order at best with that date given). Great news though and it's going to making one hell of a diorama when all these figures are put together! Very Happy

Ian

That is good news.  The dark judges have needed good figure representations for a long time.  I think I saw a preorder for mortis (and maybe fear?) at big bad toy store, but I wil have to recheck. Death is sold out on there so looks like I will have to ebay it.

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 12:14 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Palifan wrote:

Ian

That is good news.  The dark judges have needed good figure representations for a long time.  I think I saw a preorder for mortis (and maybe fear?) at big bad toy store, but I wil have to recheck.  Death is sold out on there so looks like I will have to ebay it.

Mortis and Fear have been available for a while now as a pre-order so you should secure them both if you want them so as not to pay the inflated eBay prices. They might also be available through entertainment earth and it should be free shipping with them.

I'm really looking forward to getting these in hand to add to my collection and also can't wait to see what's on offer next.

Check out this 6th scale Dredd I just noticed - http://toysrevil.blogspot.com

Also there seems to be a picture of the Mezco Blue Dreed as well as the B&W Lawmaster that they only made 50 of - http://news.toyark.com/2016/07/20/sdcc-2016-mezco-one12-collective-ghostbusters-star-trek-others-211920

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 6:46 pm

I am not going for any more mezco dredds.  I have the bright colored one and the dark blue/black one.  The only difference is the color of the clothing and the helmet/headsculpt.  There is also a black and white one I think.  

That 1/6 scale looks like they just upsized the 1/12 one.  Neat, but man I just can't commit the room for lots of 12 inch figures when there are so many other things I want in my display case.

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 8:02 pm

I know what you mean Bryan about running out of space to display things, I have to rotate my collection in one section of my cabinet just so that I can see what I have.

I do like the look of this 12" Dredd as I imagine the detail will be even better than the 6" one (whenever that arrives), but maybe the 6" will be enough as you can't really have it all. I have the bright blue, black and black and white Dredd that I'm very happy with. The black and white one really does stand out and I have both the color and B&W 3A Death figure but find the difference less noticeable than the Mezco one, maybe because the Mezco is a more true comic book version. I really like the look of the B&W mezzo law master but have decided on the black one to go with my black Dredd and also I'm getting the 3A law master as I really like the old design of the bike. I won't be getting the dark blue Mezco Dredd should it become available as I do think it will be exactly the same as the black version other than maybe coming with ta different weapon. I know 3A have also made a dark blue version but again it's going to be the same as the black one except for the weapon.

We really are quite spoiled for choice with Dredd now a days but as these figures come and go so quickly it's very hard to wait it out until the color version you're hoping for may or may not become available, I guess that's why these toy companies spread out their variants so that people end up buying multiples.

Ian
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 6:27 pm

So if you have followed my thread here, you may know I asked some friends to make judge dredd figures for me. Some came through, other didn't. Well today guess what arrived?

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2010
The above is my new mean machine figure in my display case with a couple of dredd brothers Very Happy

But then the package had some other goodies.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2013
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2012
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2011
The first two (I am guessing) are french and the last one is in English but I don't think it is USA, though I am not sure yet.

Then there were:
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2015
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2014
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2016
The first two is a card game. I haven't read it yet, but I think something like magic the gathering style game. The last is some trading cards.

And lastly this:
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2018
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2017
Some sort of cutout card of wicket. Wicket is near and dear to me so this got a special spot in my display cabinet.
Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 Img_2019
As you can see he is being held by the rancor on the top shelf, just behind my dredd trio.

I can not thank Paul enough. These are all very cool surprises from a great friend. Thanks a million times over Paul. This made my day.

Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 7:27 pm

Paul did some really nice work on that custom figure. I know it took him a long time, too!

Glad, but not surprised, he came through! cheers Cool

Comics are always a plus in my book. And you picked a nice display spot for that Wicket card!
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 5:46 am

Glad you like it Bryan, thanks for being so patient. The two French comics are vintage versions of the 1980s Eagle comics released in the UK. That trading card set with all the classic artwork on is really cool isn't it. The French Wicket trading card came with a bunch of random SW cards I got a couple of years back - thought you'd give it a good home cheers

Back to top Go down
Palifan
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Palifan

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 9:55 pm

My Mezco Lawmaster finally arrived!

It looks great with the lights on and was worth the wait in the end.....now I just have to see if I can say the same for the pile of 3A Dredd related purchases I made almost a year ago.

Oh and this 12" beauty is in coming if you haven't noticed it - http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2016/09/only-other-product-line-i-am-currently.html

Ian
Attachments
dredd 13.27.43.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(261 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?   Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures? - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone else collect judge dredd comic or figures?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next