The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for Empty
PostSubject: Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for   Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:40 am

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone can offer some suggestions for posting a high value item from the UK to Australia. Have had an offer accepted for a graded cat 4 POTF coin but when looking into the postage it seems royal mail are going to cost £50-£70! I haven't got back to the buyer yet, but I imagine this is prohibitive ...

Does anyone know of another way to keep the costs down and still protect myself from loss and damage?

Thanks, Jared.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for   Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 5:44 am

I can only comment from an aussie point of view: the most expensive/signed insured etc. item I got from the UK was via Fedex about $50 (not royal mail)
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for   Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 6:07 am

What price range or we talking about for the coin?

Back to top Go down
jared007
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
jared007

PostSubject: Re: Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for   Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:52 pm

Price range is around the £375 mark.

Buyer has offered to have it sent uninsured as he says paypal will just refund him if it never arrived. But that money just comes straight from my account doesn't it ... and I reclaim loses with the insurance in that scenario? Hence no insurance -- I am completely out of pocket?

I'll check out the fedex option ...
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for   Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 3:02 pm

if the buyer wants it sent uninsured ask him to do a bank transfer to pay for it, and then ship the item with international tracking using royal mail.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for   Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 3:06 pm

Insurance protects the sender. Like you said if it gets lost and he files a paypal claim they will hold that against you most likely.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for   Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Postage options for UK -> AUS with insurance + signed for

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1