The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tank1252
Force Addict
Force Addict
Tank1252

Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?   Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:39 am

Ooo Shawn, getting soooo close now m8!! Can't wait to see the finished article. P'raps you could send it to me for a closer look when it's done?

Back on topic, i don't actually hide the fact i collect SW, but i don't actively put it out there either...

"Hi, my names Tank, & i collect old Star Wars toys, especially ones with slightly different colourings". Hmm can see that going down well at barbecues.
Back to top Go down
ctscanman68
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
ctscanman68

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?   Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Tank1252 wrote:
Ooo Shawn, getting soooo close now m8!! Can't wait to see the finished article. P'raps you could send it to me for a closer look when it's done?

Back on topic, i don't actually hide the fact i collect SW, but i don't actively put it out there either...

"Hi, my names Tank, & i collect old Star Wars toys, especially ones with slightly different colourings". Hmm can see that going down well at barbecues.

LOL Tank! Well said. That's pretty much how I feel too. "Don't ask,Don't tell"
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?   Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2010 5:10 pm

Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 Icon_biggrin Well,like John, i also tell people all the time. I also couldn't care less if someone doesnt like it or thinks i am a geek or a freak because i collect these. Some people understand a bit more off the collection when you tell a litlle bit more off why you collect them. I don't know why but everybody asks the same questions, like what does they cost, wich is the most expensive and when you talk about the cash they declare you nutz...

But the reason i tell people is the fact it always could be a chance i get (although i am still waiting) the reply: wow really, i had many figures myself as kid and i think they are at my parents attic, if i find them you can have them...

Anyway i once scored a bunch off he man and gi joe's this way...
Back to top Go down
Darth Father
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Darth Father

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?   Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:16 am

I never hide it either. Seems that the women think it is very dorky and the guys think it is very cool and start talking about the SW they has when they were kids.
Now, if I could get away with wearing some kind of SW insignia on my work uniform, I am sure I could connect with a lot more people.
Back to top Go down
http://wattosjunkshop.com
cejay
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
cejay

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?   Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:40 am

I tend to keep it fairly low key.. unless the subject comes up. I do however openly display my collection in my home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?   Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does anyone ever hide the fact they collect sw from people?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2