The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

How many people actually have a loose Vlix ? Empty
PostSubject: How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?   How many people actually have a loose Vlix ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:05 am

Hi all,

As this is obviously one of the main figures I still miss in my collection (together with DT Darth and Ben) I just wonder how hard it is to find one at a reasonable price. I mean, the Blue Snag is called 'rare' but in fact isn't that rare at all. Same goes for the DT Luke.

Ofcourse, I did not see many loose Vlixes yet, and I know the carded ones are mega holy grails, but how about loose ones ?

I;m just curious how many of you have one.

Cheers,
Martijn
Back to top Go down
Joe_O
Force Addict
Force Addict
Joe_O

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?   How many people actually have a loose Vlix ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:11 am

I would hazard a guess that Gary Smith is the only one registered on the boards that actually has a production and pre production Vlix, these are still a few thousand dollar figures and are very rare indeed.

Gary was trying to sell his two for a while , here are his prices.

Kenner First Shot $4200us obo

Glasslite $3500us obo

Not exactly pocket change and I think the price reflects the numbers out there.

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?   How many people actually have a loose Vlix ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 am

shoenix wrote:
(together with DT Darth and Ben) I just wonder how hard it is to find one at a reasonable price.

Cheers,
Martijn
very very hard Razz I'm pretty sure a certain baggie collector eventually 'put together' a DT Vader (finding an inner saber is just short of a miracle)
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?   How many people actually have a loose Vlix ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 11:21 am

I'm venturing a pure guess but I'd say low double digits, on par with DT Ben and Vader.

I also agree that there are many "rare" figures tha appear with amazing frequency. It's all relative. If you released, say 500,000 Vader and 1,000 DT Lukes then yes , by comparison that's 500 to 1 (never tell me the odds Wink ). But 1000 DT Lukes make it farily attainable.

I've only owned a hanful of items I truely consider rare.

Orange Hair Luke (I sold it anyway)
Harbet ESB Yoda (maybe 3 exist)

So I guess its a relative term

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?   How many people actually have a loose Vlix ? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 1:18 pm

I think Gary Smith was selling a Prototype Vlix and a Production Vlix at the same time over on RS not sure they are still available as the thread hasnt been bumped in a while.

Theres a few FS on RS the first one below is AFA graded as well -

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Board=UBB29&Number=4238677&Forum=f29&Words=vlix&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=4238677&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post4238677

http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=5&Board=UBB29&Number=4268748&Forum=f29&Words=vlix&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=4268748&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=&daterange=1&newerval=1&newertype=y&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post4268748

PostSubject: Re: How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?   How many people actually have a loose Vlix ? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many people actually have a loose Vlix ?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1