The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia Empty
PostSubject: Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia   Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 8:06 am

Apologies for the short notice but this one snuck up on me too! If anyone happens to be in Melbourne (Australia, just to be clear) there is a Hobby Leisure and Collectables Carnival on at Flemington Racecourse on Sunday. Here's the link to the operator's website for additional details: http://eventsvic.com.au/ (yeah, their website is also vintage, very Geocities)

The fair used to be run at Sandown Racecourse but became too cost prohibitive so this will be the second one in this location for 2014. I missed the first as I was in Perth at the time so I have no idea if it is more popular than the Sandown one was, whether there are different sellers or a greater range of items.

I'm not selling at these any more but will be going along to check it out for the odd item to add to my own collection. Typically I come away empty handed but once in a while there is something worthwhile that pops up. If nothing else it's a good opportunity to say hi to a few collectors Smile
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia   Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Please take pictures  Smile
Back to top Go down
Dax
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Dax

PostSubject: Re: Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia   Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 11:45 pm

OK guys, recently returned from the fair and first impressions are that I like the venue Smile Nicer looking that Sandown although it's a bit smaller in volume because there's no outside trader area, it's all indoors now. (Oh, and apologies for the photos, I forgot I'd adjusted the white balance on my phone to take some pictures indoors earlier and so everything has a blue tinge to it. Whoops!)

Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia WP_20140629_001_zpsf5784125 Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia WP_20140629_003_zpsc96a859a

There weren't a lot of guys selling vintage but there was a good range of items from loose beaters to carded, vehicles, playsets and although not toy related, certainly lots of unusual and cool items (Skippy the bush Kangaroo plate for example).

Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia WP_20140629_004_zps20c73e14
Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia WP_20140629_005_zps90439bd1 Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia WP_20140629_008_zps59179e77 Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia WP_20140629_009_zpse9084060

Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia WP_20140629_006_zpsb43b1b9b

I picked up a couple of cardbacks for myself and spoke to several collectors which was great, plus it's always good to catch up with Will, Andrew, Michael and Scott. I'll definitely be heading back for the next one at Flemington in Nov although there's also a fair at Malvern in Aug and at the Queen Vic markets in October to check out.

Did anybody else make it out there?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia   Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 1:36 am

Thanks for sharing your pics, Dax. Very Happy

Seems like I could have a lot of fun there.

Did you see any TolToys items out there?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia   Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Collector Fair - Melbourne, Australia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1