The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Coo questions.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

More Coo questions. Empty
PostSubject: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 4:44 pm

I rumbled through all my loose figures bought in big mixed joblots. Checking the Coo's as I go and stumbled across a few oddities beyong my knowledge. I know i could scour the Coo guides but find your advice and help for more memorable and useful.

First up. 
No Coo or date stamp at all. Logray.

More Coo questions. P1010062_zps28e2857b

Next up. Snowtrooper. Scraped off coo. 

Looking at the smaller white part on the crotch, I presumed it was a Hard Torso European version which usually have a double melted scar, but found this unusual.

More Coo questions. P1010060_zps25db894c

More Coo questions. P1010061_zpsa19fe6b6

Last up. AT AT Commander. Hong Kong coo. Wide Torso and Stance.

More Coo questions. P1010071_zpsbb78d92d

Left Figure. Next to flesh face. Hong Kong coo.

More Coo questions. P1010076_zps84e3dcd2

Square back part is wider and slots differ slightly.

More Coo questions. P1010073_zpsf6d1554b

Any of your vast knowledge or thought on they're origins would be appreciated as usual.   Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:16 pm

The variations of scarred COO's is endless on some figures, the snowtrooper happens to be one of these...

http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/esb/stormtrooper-hoth-battle-gear/#a

Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2014 6:33 pm

If I remember correctly the no leg marking Logray is a Lili Ledy / made In Mexico variant if it has peg holes in the feet .

If it doesn't have peg holes in the feet then I think it's Top Toys ...

you can read about the At-At Commander sculpt differences here :

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t6958-the-mould-family-guide-discussion-thread#esb_at_atcommander
Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 8:54 am

Super stuff chaps. Wish I'd paid more attention to the mould variant thread. Some excellent Gam Guard info also to be found on it.

Another Ledy pickup in a wild joblot as the Logray has peg holes.

Looks like some the Euro Snowtroopers were randomly scraped with a blade to get the coos off.

study  Learning all the time.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:03 am

Section 8 wrote:

Looks like some the Euro Snowtroopers were randomly scraped with a blade to get the coos off.

Hi Andrew, the coo scars are made by filling in the coo on the mold. Some of this infill can break off/come out as the mold is used & be re-filled. As a result a lot of no coo / partial scar variants are possible with this figure. Lando Bespin also has a number of known coo scars.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 10, 2014 9:10 am

Section 8 wrote:
Another Ledy pickup in a wild joblot as the Logray has peg holes.

More than likely a MIM, still a Lili Ledy figure. More info can be found here...

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#MIM

Back to top Go down
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 9:56 am

cantina_patron wrote:
Section 8 wrote:

Hi Andrew, the coo scars are made by filling in the coo on the mold. Some of this infill can break off/come out as the mold is used & be re-filled. As a result a lot of no coo / partial scar variants are possible with this figure. Lando Bespin also has a number of known coo scars.

If the scars are natural process in the making of the figure, does this not make it odd that it's usually the Coo and not the date that is missing?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:45 am

Section 8 wrote:
If the scars are natural process in the making of the figure, does this not make it odd that it's usually the Coo and not the date that is missing?

Hey Andy,

The removal of the country bit could have been done for reasons like the mould being moved out of the original HK factory to another factory outside HK (China, Mexico, Brasil, etc as possible examples) making the HK bit incorrect. I am sure there may have been other reasons as well.

Regardless, we see that the country gets removed, but they normally left the copyright part (copyright symbol, year and licensee info like LFL, GMFGI, CPG) to prove its a licensed product.
If I am reading things right on the basics of copyright in the US, prior to 1989 in the US, the C symbol, date of first production and licensee information needed to be on the item (book, movie, toys [which if I read it right, the year was optional on toys?], etc) in order to help enforce copyright. I can't explain why, as in the case of Top Toys, why that info was removed however.  unsure 
One of the articles I have gleamed over -> http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ03.pdf - and there seems to be a ton of sites with info like this.

I could be wrong of course. I'm still green here.  study 

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Coo questions.   More Coo questions. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More Coo questions.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1