The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions about some of my MOCs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

Questions about some of my MOCs Empty
PostSubject: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey guys. Just been noticing some interesting points on some of my mocs. I don't know if they are unusual or just normal stuff. So take a look and if anyone has any comments chime in! May just be run of the mill stuff but I think it's interesting.

First up is my ROTJ pointing Vader 65 back. The card back says "made in Mexico". I have no idea what the COO is on the fig (and I don't go opening my mocs like some people open Gammy Guard mocs "just to see", lol). So do you guys know if only the pointing Vader cards were MIM? To my knowledge they didn't make Kenner figures in Mexico did they? There is also a tiny pinhole in the card back where the bubble is. The odd thing is that it looks like the hole was made from the front of the card the way the paper is pushed out. Maybe someone did that at some point. Just curious.

Questions about some of my MOCs DSC02567

Questions about some of my MOCs DSC02572

Next is my Madine 65 back. There are 2 figures that are blacked out with print (not ink or marker or anything). Looks weird. Just a general question if anyone knows what the story is behind this?

Questions about some of my MOCs DSC02575

Questions about some of my MOCs DSC02573

Last is my 77 back Canadian Leia Battle Poncho. The bar code box is blank next to the UPC code. Is this standard on Canadian cards or maybe an error? Again, just curious.

Questions about some of my MOCs DSC02592
Back to top Go down
hansole
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
hansole

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Hi

You can find valuebel informations here : http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2202-lili-ledy-figs-on-kenner-mocs-and-how-to-id-them?highlight=lili+ledy+moc

Hope it helps you.

Cheers Michael
Back to top Go down
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 pm

It looks to be a made in Mexico/Lili Ledy Vader. Not all the Made in Mexico carded figures have the rare Ledy weapons.

On the early Return of the Jedi MOCs they covered the Ewoks so they would not give away the movie I think.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:59 pm

Thanks for the info guys. Looking at this thread http://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=3820637 it appears that this is a LL Vader? How would I tell if it's a Ledy Lightsaber? And interesting about the hole in the card. Mine has it right in the O. Does it serve a purpose?

Also makes sense about blacking out the Ewoks. Is that common on 65 backs?
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:00 pm

The hole poked through was done on alot of Ledy and MIM (Made in Mexico) cards. The assumption is that the high humidty wouldve been an issue so offering some airflow in the bubble was a good idea. Totally normal.

The blacked out Ewoks were on 65 A Backs only. Then they were shown

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
BILLIAM666
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
BILLIAM666

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:50 pm

The Ledy Vader saber has a much thicker saber tip.
Back to top Go down
vaders_child
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
vaders_child

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:56 pm

The mim moc figures were not always issued with ledy weapons but were sometimes issued with kenner weapons,all the mim vaders i have had in my posession have always had the thick tipped ledy saber with them,the vader sculpt in the mim cards has also always had the ledy issue sculpt
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:06 am

So it turns out I've got the Ledy saber as well. Only Ledy I own. Pretty psyched to discover this.

Questions about some of my MOCs DSC02640
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about some of my MOCs   Questions about some of my MOCs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about some of my MOCs

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1