The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I Fully Believe This Is Real

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 10:56 am

I'm working with Mr.Legacy to get some better pics. As a rule, if I can't verify something
110% from a pic, then I need to look at it first hand. It's just the nature of the beast, you
can't compensate for the infinite variables with lighting, color, focus, etc. This really is even
more extreme when you start discussing the Circle sabers. When I first discovered them, it
took me hours to finally get the right combination of lighting, and camera work to be able to
document them, and I *knew* what I was looking for, so you can imagine trying to walk
someone through the same process.
Just a quick note on the ReValve guide - it is (literally) not worth the time, energy, or data to
bother with. He has no idea what he is talking about, there are numerous errors, and several
points that are not even close to being accurate. I would also point out that the former owner
of TIG was working with ReValve to support and spread this garbage. He was telling people
that Tom and I were involved ("this is what they use") There is no such guide, and there never
will be. So you have two colossal liars that came up with this garbage guide, and falsely using
our names to promote it.

Bill
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:23 am

sithtoys wrote:
I'm working with Mr.Legacy to get some better pics. As a rule, if I can't verify something
110% from a pic, then I need to look at it first hand. It's just the nature of the beast, you
can't compensate for the infinite variables with lighting, color, focus, etc. This really is even
more extreme when you start discussing the Circle sabers. When I first discovered them, it
took me hours to finally get the right combination of lighting, and camera work to be able to
document them, and I *knew* what I was looking for, so you can imagine trying to walk
someone through the same process.
Just a quick note on the ReValve guide - it is (literally) not worth the time, energy, or data to
bother with. He has no idea what he is talking about, there are numerous errors, and several
points that are not even close to being accurate. I would also point out that the former owner
of TIG was working with ReValve to support and spread this garbage. He was telling people
that Tom and I were involved ("this is what they use")  There is no such guide, and there never
will be. So you have two colossal liars that came up with this garbage guide, and falsely using
our names to promote it.  

Bill

Plus given! It seems it's "spill your guts week!!" LOL

I knew this already but had forgotten...just WOW (again)!!

I am also excited to see what you will find out Bill.

Glad to have you over here my friend! Kudos!
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 11:53 am

sithtoys wrote:

that Tom and I were involved ("this is what they use") There is no such guide, and there never
our names to promote it.

Bill

I knew that what the guy is pedaling is a load of junk, but i thought this part of his website actually had some merit. I was wrong and my apologies for misleading anybody. I am more than happy to remove the link from my previous post. Sorry if I have caused any offence Bill.
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:03 pm

chris.75 wrote:

I knew that what the guy is pedaling is a load of junk, but i thought this part of his website actually had some merit. I was wrong and my apologies for misleading anybody. I am more than happy to remove the link from my previous post. Sorry if I have caused any offence Bill.

Oh no !! nothing of the sort !! Smile
I had completely forgot about this issue until you posted it. Now that the shop is under new
management, I wanted to clarify what the real story was/is behind that "guide".
He was telling people that this was what I and Tom use for authenticating DT sabers, and that's
how it was being represented to the people here. Needless to say, I was less than pleased about
it and when I tried to contact him, I never heard a word from him.
I really have no idea what the intent behind that deception was. The only thing I've been able to
figure out was some sort of (eventual) commercial tie in. It's mind boggling to think we wouldn't
have heard about it at some point.

Bill
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:24 pm

oh good i'm glad i didn't cause any offence Bill, ok i'll leave the link up for the sake of thread continuity. I think your right about a marketing ploy though. Sounds to me like he was name dopping to try and promote the junk he was selling and try and give it some kind of credibility.

Last edited by chris.75 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Mr. Legacy on Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sithtoys
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sithtoys

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 1:52 pm

I wanted to confirm my findings; this is an authentic Circle DT Vader. (type #2 to be specific)
This brings the total to a whopping THREE examples known, and is the best of the two known
#2 variants.
Not a bad find in anyone's book Smile Congrats !!

Bill
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:01 pm

jawdrop      jawdrop     jawdrop      jawdrop      :buzzing:      :buzzing:     :buzzing:   

wow!!! congratulations Mr. legacy  celebrate  celebrate  celebrate

whack
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:02 pm

About time we had some good news for the hobby. Good i.d. work Bill and congrats Mr. Legacy!
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:07 pm

Thank You Everyone For All The Compliments! I'm In Heaven Right Now.
Back to top Go down
CommanderRussco
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:18 pm

SWEET DUDE!!! Knew it was real a month ago but finally got the big boys to confirm!!! My Goodwill finds will always pale in comparison to this!! LOL

Last edited by CommanderRussco on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:24 pm

I know u told me it was real and I was fighting with myself trying to convince me. But now that Bill has confirmed that it is a circle variant in which neither of us ever knew that. Thanks for telling me. It seemed so unrealistic for this to happen.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 2:43 pm

Great thread to start the new year.

Congrats Mr Legacy for obtaining such an iconic and rare item from out of the wild.

Bill thank you for chiming in and bringing this thread to a happy end.

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Way to go and Congrats Mr Legacy it is always great when you can know for sure what you have is the real deal, that is why Bill is the man when it comes to this type of thing.
Back to top Go down
bedheadjulian
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
bedheadjulian

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:15 pm

Holy Crap!!!!! Congratulations! It's great to see that there are still some gems out there... after all the bad news and inflated prices your story is a breath of fresh air to all collectors.
It's gotta be good Karma :clap: :clap: :clap: 
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 3:18 pm

I wouldn't call it Karma or luck.

I call this a Blessing from God.

More precisely a Blessing In Disguise
Back to top Go down
M4K3R1
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
M4K3R1

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 6:55 pm

You couldnt have asked for a better outcome.
Congratulations, what a find!!!!!!!
What a way to start the year.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Thank ya everyone!

:buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: :buzzing: 

celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate celebrate

:drumroll: :drumroll: 

:cantina:
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Great thread. Happy to see it was the real deal.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:40 pm

First off, congrats! Very happy for you...
Sorry if this was discussed already, but did you buy this in a lot off Ebay? Did it come from the Cinci area?
Bill, I know we discussed the "circles" variant DT subject quite a bit in the past. Luke's "circles" version was looked at as early production. BUT with Vader's, wasn't there the possibility that it was a prototype/pre-production? Just curious what your thoughts are regarding that.
Very cool piece! Congrats again : )
Steve
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:49 pm

The_Dark_Artist: The Saber was purchased in a lot on craigslist. I don't use ebay anymore since of their fees. Secondly I live a couple states away from cincinnati Ohio. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:52 pm

Congrats Mr Legacy, very pleased for you mate, what a find  cheers
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Thank Nico
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 7:57 pm

Well it's a CRAZY awesome find!
Again, I'd love to hear if Bill thinks this is of pre-production nature. Also if you think a Vader DT saber could fetch 5k, what could a "circles" Vader DT fetch???? The numbers speak for themselves how rare this is.
QUITE a find!
-Steve
ps- In the Craig's List add, did the seller know what they had? My guess is no.?.?.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Legacy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Mr. Legacy

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 8:02 pm

you would be correct artist, the seller did not know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Fully Believe This Is Real   I Fully Believe This Is Real - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Fully Believe This Is Real

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next