The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What irritates you to no end ,,?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bobbybobs
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 4:40 am

http://www.parisinfo.com/musee-monument-paris/72730/Tango-La-Bo%C3%AEte-%C3%A0-Frissons
Back to top Go down
lfantelo
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 am

bounce Merci... I want to check that theory (hope it proves right bounce )
Back to top Go down
bobbybobs
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:16 am

Hahaha well it was five years ago now but hopefully things haven't changed!
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:45 am

Living in a cunty time zone is shitting me. Missing lots as they finish at 2:45am.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark !!!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 6:57 am

Chopper wrote:
Living in a cunty time zone is shitting me. Missing lots as they finish at 2:45am.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark !!!

you need a S N I P E R  thinking 
Back to top Go down
Chopper
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Chopper

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2014 10:11 pm

Sniper hey !!!

I LOVE IT
Back to top Go down
Craig T
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
Craig T

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:05 pm

Some great and hilarious posts there!

The eBay UK revision to its fees totally pissed me off. I know have to pay a fee on the final price and I suppose all auctioneers do this. But where's the mentality in charging the seller for the price of postage?

It's just a shite thing to do - especially if you want to send large or heavy items. Either you have to ship budget and risk sending the items unregistered/uninsured or you take a hit a pay ebay a percentage of the shipping or you charge inflated postage to the buyer to cover.

Non SW bugbears:

Farmers driving 30mph down the A90 in the morning rush hour - totally blocks an entire lane of traffic for fuck sake.

Having three different bosses! Each one trying their very best to piss each other off using you as the pawn. I just wanna come in and do my job. It's like Office Space the film

Toast - why does it always land butter side down

Cats - how come my cat will hold it all day if she has to so that she can piss & shit in the tray, yet everyone else's cat in our street actually prefers to scale my 8ft wall so they shit in my lovely flower beds

The dying breed of good quality real pubs... Proper ale with no wives counting how much you drunk and no crazy kids screaming the place down ... Just a few ole chaps ... An open fire .. A good paper and piece and quiet whilst you take a sip of a really tasty pint

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Craig T wrote:
.........Non SW bugbears:

Farmers driving 30mph down the A90 in the morning rush hour - totally blocks an entire lane of traffic for fuck sake.

Having three different bosses! Each one trying their very best to piss each other off using you as the pawn. I just wanna come in and do my job. It's like Office Space the film

Toast - why does it always land butter side down

Cats - how come my cat will hold it all day if she has to so that she can piss & shit in the tray, yet everyone else's cat in our street actually prefers to scale my 8ft wall so they shit in my lovely flower beds

The dying breed of good quality real pubs... Proper ale with no wives counting how much you drunk and no crazy kids screaming the place down ... Just a few ole chaps ... An open fire .. A good paper and piece and quiet whilst you take a sip of a really tasty pint

Hello Mr Jeremy... Clarkson! hahahaha Very Happy

tongue
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 5:35 pm

...having an unique and singular piece....then a second one is found!

No disrespect to the finder and the future owner....both have my truest respect....but it pisses me off a ton! One time in my life I had something really special....I discovered a piece...and now it is just one out of two Sad Sad

....well...it was fun at least for a year to have something really really unique!

Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:55 am

What is the piece???????????????
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 12:35 pm

Bootlegs!

I'm pretty new to the world of bootlegs but I can't believe how many 'villains' there are in this hobby.

Sellers who offer you item, agree a price, send you their PP details, then sell the same item elsewhere from under your feet WTF!!!

Sellers who you ask for help to buy a piece locally, turn around and say "I'm going to buy that for my own collection!", then days later flip the same item for twice the price and even have the cheek to ask if you'd like to buy it for twice the price WTF!!!

One word......G R E E D !!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 1:52 pm

As I seem to be involved in the first case:

It wasn't greed the seller cancelled the deal with you....I payed similar if not less (I'd say it was less...though). And for the record: I didn't know he offered it to more persons/collectors then me.

I just needed days to reply....not sure if this was one of the reasons...maybe I was offered it first and replied last??

Anyway: I am sorry this happend Stef! Sad 

And: The MOST generous guys in this hobby also come from the bootleg world! There is shades in every category of collecting....so just enjoy what you have collected so far (impressive as always regadring the short time period) and think of all the good people.

Bootlegs are much more time intensive...Some runs I started (with full knowledge what's out there) decades ago!! It could be that you expect everything going on faster....I mean I searched also decades for a TT Luke and TT Yoda which was no problem for you within month...though.....patience my friend! And sorry again!

Cheers

Wolff
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 3:44 pm

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the term 'Bootlegs' because there are some great collectors in the area of the hobby, it just so happens both these duff deals involved bootlegs.

We spoke about the first case and have dealt with each other since. As far as I'm concerned the seller was at fault as he lacks any selling ethics. So in future my money will go elsewhere and not in his pocket.

As for those hungarians bootlegs, hopefully your set is complete or near complete(?) so don't forget to pick up your towel and leave some for us Brits LOL!!

What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 SUNBEDgermanTOWEL
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2014 6:29 am

hahahaha...yeah...I will defintley think of your list..no worries.

We just will maybe have a problem again if a green or black Leia balster pops up Wink...I want a full variant set...though...  Laughing 

Good luck.

And the second story blows my mind btw....you should call names I guess.....in a watch out.  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What irritates you to no end ,,?     What irritates you to no end ,,?  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What irritates you to no end ,,?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-