The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It Empty
PostSubject: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:01 am

A few of you might already have seen it, but currently ALL my pictures on TIG are not visible anymore. Instead you see the following picture appearing:

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It Eb

The reason is that my free Photobucket account has exceeded the monthly limit of 10GBs of bandwidth.
This is the first time I have experienced this, and actually I was not even aware of the existence of such a limit, till now.  

I checked and I have about 1 GB of pictures uploaded to my Star Wars related Photobucket account. That would mean that on average every picture must have been watched ten times via other sites than Photobucket in order to reach the limit bandwidth of 10 GBs. I say on average, cause the majority of pics would not be watched at all. Meaning that probably some pictures were watched MANY times lately.
I wondered which pictures were generating all that traffic. I tried to check the stats in my profile tab but all it says is "Image Stats are not available at this time".

Maybe the slave Leia pics from CE2 are causing the problem?
OK just admit it, who was watching those more then hundred times? Very Happy

I think there are three options now:

1. Move to new Image Host
    Transfer all images to a free image host account with unlimited bandwidth: That is a NO GO for me, as I don't want to spend days to upload all the important pics (Ledy, POTB, POCH/PBP,..) and modify the links in the posts.

2. Wait one Month to have my Bandwidth Reset.
    Photobukcet says: If you do reach the bandwidth cap for the free account, your linked out photos will be replaced by the above Photobucket image that states "this image exceeds bandwidth". To have this removed you will need to upgrade to a Plus subscription, or wait for your bandwidth to reset for the month. Your bandwidth will reset to zero every month on the day you registered your account. You can find this date in your User Settings, under the Account tab.

https://support.photobucket.com/entries/22511378-What-does-Bandwidth-Exceeded-mean-

I checked my registration date, and it says Dec 31st, 1969?unsure 
    So we will have to wait till Aug 31st in that case, for my pics to show up again on this forum.

3. Upgrade to a Plus Account
    That will probably costs me a few bucks a month, but it seems worth it.  Let’s check it out.

Hang on guys!

Cheers
Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:03 am

Well I for one don't have a problem if you use some of the TIG donation money to keep your account running full time, mate. Makes sense too me all things considered Smile
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 4:05 am

Not that I am saying you are a cheap bastard or anything lol! Just makes sense since you do upload many pictures here for the guides.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:34 am

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It 3111561-0601614590-luke-
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:35 am

Quote :
Maybe the slave Leia pics from CE2 are causing the problem?

Yeah but on the bright side Kleenex sales are up!
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 7:40 am

And a shitload of odd socks have been created Razz
Back to top Go down
DarthStanley
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
DarthStanley

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Marco,

Yeah you'll have to wait until the 31st for photo bucket to reset itself,I had the same problem last month! Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 1:51 pm

How much is the monthly upgrade for photobucket? I'm happy to chip in.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:07 pm

Well that is odd. Just when I was going to upgrade my account, I checked, and now my bandwidth usage is suddenly 192 MB. unsure 

All my pictures are back on the forum again. cheers 

It seems that the bandwidth was reset. Great!

Pfffff, so I don't have to sell my car yet. Very Happy

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It Dia1-6_zps177325a1
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 3:28 pm

198mb !?!?!! Let start a campaign and get spamming the ledy guide and get that bandwidth usage up LOL !!!

Last edited by walkie on Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:15 pm

walkie wrote:
All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It 3111561-0601614590-luke-

Thanks for using the real 'Noooooooooooooooooooooo' and not that one that makes you wish you were dead off Episode III Razz
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:28 pm

General Kahn wrote:
walkie wrote:
Thanks for using the real 'Noooooooooooooooooooooo' and not that one that makes you wish you were dead off Episode III Razz

how about this one ...

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It Thca1v10
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:29 pm

I like snow.... So that's accecptable.
Back to top Go down
Jedi_june
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
Jedi_june

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:42 am

Glad to hear pics are back up Marco cheers I really love the Ledy guide, reading it all the time king 
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 5:41 am

10 GB of traffic seems a bit much. There probably was a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:08 am

Capetown wrote:
10 GB of traffic seems a bit much. There probably was a mistake.

My initial thought too, Emiel.

But look here:

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It Dia1_zps472f5636

Right now - less than a day after the reset - I have already used 410 MB of bandwith. At the end of this month I will probably again exceed the 10 GBs limit, if this continues at the same pace.

Unfortunately the stats don't work yet in the new Photobucket release, so I can not check what is causing this bandwidth usage.
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:15 am

Ahh, sod it, just click the bottom link.Wink 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:21 am

lol! 
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 6:32 am

I understand my last post probably sounded a bit dumb, you got loads of images, it was more meant to start uploading upcoming images on another site and eventually that site will become the main site for you.

What size are your images normally?
If they are 2-5mb then it's not that strange since your photos are very popular. And browsing through the ledy thread etc will load a lot of images per person.
Maybe you should start lowering quality on new pictures a bit, if using photoshop you can easily go down to 7 in jpg quality(when you save) without loosing any noticable quality but you do lose a couple of megabytes which does a ton of difference. Also you can set the resolution to 72-79 if it's higher. Production usually want around 300, but for web that high is not needed. It's usually lowered for web to prevent people from stealing and enlarging the pictures. Since you can always shrink but never enlarge the picture.

Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 am

What I want to know is how you became a member in 1969?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:13 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
What I want to know is how you became a member in 1969?  

While some were trying very hard to be the first on the moon, I tried very hard to be the first Photobucket member.

We both succeeded that year! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 3:29 pm

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It Dia2_zpsc85ae73f

One day, and 488 Mb of bandwidth later,,,,,smoke 
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 8:44 pm

You should just get John to setup a premium account for TIG which can be used by the mod, developer, admin of the site. Makes sense too me.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:13 pm

Yeah, what he said ^^^ lol! 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 12:31 am

Josh wrote:
Yeah, what he said ^^^ lol! 
lol! 

sorry Josh - some one should have backed you up Embarassed 

I certainly agree - Marco has done so much for TIG with the Ledy thread alone that his pics should be paid for by the TIG community Very Happy 

I would be more than happy to contribute to any fund that would help cheers 

Screw the whales - lets save Marcos pics !!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It   All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All My Pictures Are Gone: Working On It

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next