The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:19 am

I just got a Top Toys Stormtrooper MOC and the bubble was lifting and cracked a little. The blaster came out and to my surprise was blue. My first instinct was that something was amiss since the photos show it black in the listing.

I tried to take a few pictures and (to my surprise) it looks black again. However in real life it's blue, not even close to black.

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? 9272834776_d343213bc1_c

Since it photos as black pretty easily I can't seem to find any info. I've never had a loose one , but have had another MOC but again, black blaster. It does feel vintage, correct injection circle as well. I took out some of my repro weapons and the feel is different (meaning it feels vintage correct). Can be bent too.

Anyone want to tell me if they've seen a blue version? Also, can someone with a loose blaster do a float test and tell me the results so I can do it here?

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:57 am

Just found another strange 'version' of the gun, also (currently) listed as dropped from MOC.

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? Toptoy10

Not in my possession so i can't say if it's's real or not but it 'looks' black and it has a faint injection circle.
Compared to shape of your example and the one on the site it seems there are possibly more variants than i expected.
(Totally unrelated to the color question though).
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 9:59 am

We've got this on as a repro on the archive. Originally it came from a "limited edition of 5" . Looks like now it's being claimed as removed from a MOC
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:59 am

Hey John

TT stormie blaster is very much a floater.....even if you drop
it from a decent height into water, it will sink a little and then
float right back up...

I have never seen a blue one before in many years of collecting.

It doesn't surprise me though with the finds that are coming to light
on a regular basis nowadays thanks to the eagle eyes of collectors Smile
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:42 am

Is this fred's stormie off eBay?

Its a pretty cool item if it is blue, I've only ever seen black myself. I'll check mine against the water test later.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:58 am

It is. Right now it's under secure lockdown on level 28 at TIG's secret HQ and Lab.

I did the float test and it floats! Here's the video:

So I want some more feedback but I'm pretty confident we have discovered something!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:05 pm

jpgFinally got some pics where it doesn't look black

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? 9277822080_e02bbab3ff_c

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? 9277821450_2cbfeb05d3_c

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Nice discovery, John!

I hope it can be confirmed as a genuine TopToys blaster.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Nice video of the float test John, that + your last 2 pictures did it for me.. I'm 99% convinced it's real. (which is 94% more than yesterday Very Happy  )

Compare the 'grain' of the plastic on the pictures and the lines on the handle, both on the black and this blue version it's 100% identical. The cool thing is they are not running in parallel or equal distances which is spot on with the blue one, i now even think same mold is used.

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? Imperi11

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? Imperi12

Perhaps a case of not adding enough 'color' to the plastic mix, or one of the first after purging the mold..
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Hey Fred do I get a finders fee, even if I didn't spot the blue blaster LOL?
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:00 pm

I've just checked mine and it's not obvious but they do appear to be dark blue and not solid black.

They do float even when dropped, if held up to a light (sorry poor photo) you can see blue bits.

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? 7VUTJ6h

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? A6FL1Do

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? CjiuidY

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? WqOQEmm

Also spotted this stormie variant, any ideas?

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? D9j5GeB
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 1:17 pm

That's the elusive Landstrider Stormtrooper variation What a Face 

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? Thca7i10
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Interesting find John :clap: Nick work Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 pm

walkie wrote:
Hey Fred do I get a finders fee, even if I didn't spot the blue blaster LOL?

Didn't you receive the odd vader I've sent you yet? The one with that ugly screw in the back i mean Very Happy 

Thx for sharing your findings on the TT blaster Stefan. Being somewhat 'blue-ish' is nice to hear (not really visible on the pics) but it's still far from the pics John shared. But not being totally black + your floattest findings add to the good feeling i'm having over this blaster now.

Last; Having the injection circle no longer adds to the 'authenticity validation' anymore (imo).
The picture I've shared earlier which is known to be a repro out of a batch of 5 also has the circle.

Since there are so little known repro versions for this variant i don't think we will be able to compare the floattest against one.

A little complicated, but i actually do and don't hope to see a similar blaster existing in a (MOC) collection today at the same time.
If there is, it can be considered authentic without a doubt, if there isn't this is the first known (even-though it dropped of the cardback)!

And a waterstrider trooper, just when u though u had them all.. Does it have the accompanying blue or black snorkel  Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??   Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone seen a Blue Top Toys Stormtrooper Blaster??

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1