The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster Empty
PostSubject: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:51 am

I think I am coming to the right place to ask this question! Very Happy

I have just purchased a Lili Ledy Stormtrooper and just wandered how I could identify that it has the correct blaster. I've checked out the gunnery but I'll be honest I don't have much of an eye for detail on these imperial blasters. They all look the same to me, so your help would be appreciated.

Firstly, is there much difference or a good way to distinguish between normal Kenner and Ledy Imperial blasters. I've heard they are very slightly thicker, but not by much. Are there any noticeable differences in detail?

Secondly, there are 2 Ledy imperial blasters on the gunnery. One is solid black and the other is solid blue. Which colour should come with the Ledy Stormtrooper? I thought it was black but I'm not sure.

Thanks and i hope you can help

Oli
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am

Hey Oli glad to see you here!

Can you post up a Macro shot of the blaster you bought? Someone will be able to tell you. I think we have one or two Ledy folks here lol!

Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:34 am

I struggle to see differences as well. I've compared a black Luke stormy weapon to my black LL weapon. LL has the 'squared' side clip & a gap between the dot & line
Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster LLblackblaster
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 10:04 am

Hi John, good to see you on here too mate. I'm liking the new look of TIG.

I'll try and post a picture when i get home tonight.

AussieJames thanks for the advice on the blaster detailing. I would never have spotted that. What about colour. Is the Ledy imperial Blaster for Stormies black or blue?

Cheers Oli
Back to top Go down
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster P1040310

OK here is a close up picture of the imperial blaster. What do you think? Is it Ledy and is it the right colour for a Stormie?

Sorry about the flash, its not that blue in normal day light, not that there's much daylight in London at this time of year.

Cheers Oli
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm

Looks Ledy to me, as for what colour the stormy should have??? I work off the theory LL quality checks were poor so either is possible.
Back to top Go down
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 7:46 pm

Heres an edited version of your picture buddy showing the points AJ highlighted and the colour has been corrected Smile

Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:16 pm

jaymassive619 wrote:
Heres an edited version of your picture buddy showing the points AJ highlighted and the colour has been corrected Smile

Interesting thread!

That is a very revealing pic, finally it is clear what little details to look for while trying to identify a Lili Ledy gun. This is the V6 molding I guess?

To me this gun still looks very similar to the V3 gun. Both gun types have a wide space between the circle and the line at the end of the barrel. What is the main difference here? Is it the shape of the magazine clip: V3 = thin oval. V6 = thick oval (personally I wouldn't call this 'square shaped' Very Happy).

V3 molding
Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster Imp%20Blaster%20V5%20Blue

How about the V7 blasters having the easy recognizable 'double clip' magazine (below).
According to the TIG guide they are PBP, but they can be Lili Ledy too?

V7 molding
Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster Imperial%20Blaster%20V6%20Bar%20Green%20Identify%20Pic
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
olisuds
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
olisuds

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 6:18 pm

Thanks guys I appreciate the help. I guess you have to have a good eye for these things but I can see what you are talking about now.

Dr Dengar, If you look at the magazine clip from above and compare with a normal imperial blaster you will see what they mean. Still, its very minute detailing to look out for and not easy to spot. I have noticed the Ledy blaster is also a little thicker.

So you think the colour of my imperial blaster is ok for a Ledy Stormie?

Jaymassive, yep i think the colour you have changed it to is closer to mine (how do you do that?) but it's still blue! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 16, 2011 7:26 am

olisuds wrote:

Dr Dengar, If you look at the magazine clip from above and compare with a normal imperial blaster you will see what they mean. Still, its very minute detailing to look out for and not easy to spot. I have noticed the Ledy blaster is also a little thicker.

Thanks Oli that was a real eye opener.

Indeed when looking at the Lili Ledy guns from above you can clearly see the magazine clips are square shaped whereas the Kenner guns have tapered (I hope that is the correct english word) clips.

I made some pics to summarize:

Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster Dia2

Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster Dia1

Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster Dia3
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Admin Use Account

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 17, 2011 10:36 am

Great pictures Marco Smile

I was going to try and do a picture to show why its referred to a square magazine but your pictures highlight this perfectly Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster   Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili Ledy Stormtrooper blaster

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1