The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  Empty
PostSubject: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 12:28 pm

While making an entry for the Millennium Falcon, I gatherered info on all the different boxed versions which are out there.

Millennium Falcon

Surprisingly I could not find any info about Palitoy having released a Millennium Falcon in the Star Wars era, so before 1980.

The first box would have been the ESB version with the Death Star Hangar artwork. This one was released in 1980.

Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  Palitoy-esb-falcon-1
Source: theswca.com

I somehow find it hard to belief that there was no Palitoy release of the Falcon in 1979, the year in which Kenner released their Falcon.

Questions:

1) Can you confirm that there was no Palitoy Millennium Falcon release in 1979?
2) If YES, was the Millennium Falcon still for sale in the UK in 1979, e.g. imported Kenner boxes with Palitoy stickers (like the Palitoy white TIE Fighter), or did British kids have to wait till 1980?

Hopefully some of you can answer these questions better then I do at the moment. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 1:53 pm

I've never seen a Palitoy SW release. And Jason's Palitoy boxed goodies show only the ESB and ROTJ.

the collection of mr_palitoy

Stefan's paperwork limelight does show a SW Palitoy Falcon instruction sheet - but this was maybe included in an imported box

Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  Rngzx10

Perhaps the date between Kenner's 1979 release and the upcoming 1980 ESB line was too close to make a SW Pali box?
Hopefully others will chime in.

Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:32 pm

The ESB box shown is the first Palitoy box for the falcon and it came with the star wars logoed instructions also shown.

Wink

Jason
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Thank you Jason, and Paul! Very Happy

So basically kids in the UK (and the rest of Europe) had to wait one year before the Falcon landed?

Back to top Go down
mr_palitoy
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
mr_palitoy

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 2:42 pm

I think so. No imported Kenner ones with palitoy stickers like with the tie fighter as far as I'm aware.

Jason

Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 3:03 pm

The first Millenium Falcon I ever saw as a child was the ROTJ boxed one, as my little brother was lucky enough to get it for Christmas one year.
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 11:02 am

Very interesting Thread thanks guys Cool
Back to top Go down
Capetown
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Capetown

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 5:52 pm

I told you so Marco. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 6:01 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?    Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Palitoy Release a Millennium Falcon before ESB?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1