The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... Empty
PostSubject: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:49 pm

Hi guys I am wondering if anyone else has found the falcon with the training ball arm actually factory riveted to the ship with a metal rivet.?
I have now found at least 4 over the years here in the Midwest. And another the other day with that done it was also from a collector who had all very early era items.
Or was this just the at home fix to,keep it on.?

I also have a blue training ball on one ... Has any one else seen one.? Pretty sure it was legit but from where.?
I'm familiar with the roundish balls from palitoy but not blue balls.
I'll get some pix together of these unusually...
Best
R
pix attached here left blue middle black and right very angular- repro or??
rivet holdin arm in place.. a Dad fix or factory?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last edited by Neonboy on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pix added)
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:21 pm

eagerly await pics. (not sure about blue balls Razz )
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Hi, I did!
Both where made by Kenner and I think it's a home fix to keep it on Wink a good idea, both arms are still there!

Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... Halcon10

Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... Halcon11

Cheers
Ozio
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 4:00 am

this is the Falcon I found the Ball with- the Markings for it in the pix. on first look, looks no different than any other falcon. I notice its the same string for both the black and blue ball. Any thoughts.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:49 pm

I've not seen or heard of a blue training ball before, nor have I come across any references to training balls discolouring. It could be possible that someone replaced the original with a matching bead from a piece of costume jewelry.

I've also not encountered a Falcon with the training ball arm rivited on. If it is home made, I find it interesting that the same idea has been independantly employed by at least 3 different people.

I'll watch this thread develop with interest! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 1:36 pm

I also had a riveted falcon in a lot that I bought, I also live in the midwest (Indiana) where the lot came from (ohio). I thought it was do it yourself project. The shell was beaten so removed the arm for parts. DOH, something tells me I am going to regret that, now

ToddG
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 2:48 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
I've not seen or heard of a blue training ball before, nor have I come across any references to training balls discolouring. It could be possible that someone replaced the original with a matching bead from a piece of costume jewelry.

I've also not encountered a Falcon with the training ball arm rivited on. If it is home made, I find it interesting that the same idea has been independantly employed by at least 3 different people.

I'll watch this thread develop with interest! Very Happy
If that was the cast- what a perfect match.. My hunch its legit, possible very early, - pre production? - Here in Mpls. we had many GMFGI employees, and I have had connections with some concept and pre art work , toys etc....??
Back to top Go down
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 1:47 am

I am by no means an expert, but if I had to guess I would say that without a doubt the blue ball, and the black one on the far right are both replacement parts.

As far as the arm being rivited on the ship, it is possible that if there are former Kenner employees around they could have done this on their own. Maybe the ship was going to have the arm rivited in place, but they decided to scrap the idea. Once they got their hands on some, they could have modified them for kids in the neighborhood or something.
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:22 am

The training ball on the right looks like an original LL one, take a look:
Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... 2012-747
Both original from LL Falcons.

Cheers
Ozio
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 2:32 am

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t1576-jedi-training-ball-millenium-falcon?highlight=ball

It is possible Kenner didn't make any training balls? They just outsourced them from a bead manufacturer (who also produced blue ones) Just a theory tongue
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 am

aussiejames wrote:

It is possible Kenner didn't make any training balls? They just outsourced them from a bead manufacturer (who also produced blue ones) Just a theory tongue

Makes sense to me. Why would Kenner design & produce a mold if an existing suitable part can be sourced cheaply from elsewhere? Likewise I'm sure many other parts were outsourced e.g. string, screws, electrical components etc.

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 am

Wtf I've been missing a training ball my entire life and all I have to do is go down to the kids store and by one of those lol I think I might do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
dj121
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Rawlin wrote:
Wtf I've been missing a training ball my entire life and all I have to do is go down to the kids store and by one of those lol I think I might do that.

You could do that, but basically that would be a reproduction.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2012 12:34 am

dj121 wrote:
Rawlin wrote:

You could do that, but basically that would be a reproduction.

its original I swear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...   Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Millennium falcon riveted training ball arm to ship. And blue balls...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1