The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luke storm trooper figure Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gto
New User
New User

Luke storm trooper figure Questions Empty
PostSubject: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:19 pm

Have got a Luke storm-trooper loose figure and would like to hear Peoples views on the helmet for these figures. How many think the original helmet has a nipple on top? or how many think it hasent got once ?Any views welcome Wink
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2013 7:50 pm

welcome to TIG.

Can you post some pics of your Luke Stormtrooper helmet?

I have not seen one with a 'nipple' on top. The nipple could be a product of the helmet being removed from a sprue. :scratch:

Genuine ones have a raised 'bar' running down the inside at the back. The repros I've seen don't. Genuine helmets also often have some of the paint from Lukes hair on the inside from repeatedly putting it on.

Have you looked at the ones here? http://www.imperialgunnery.com/helmetsandhoods.htm
Back to top Go down
gto
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 6:44 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
welcome to TIG.

Can you post some pics of your Luke Stormtrooper helmet?

I have not seen one with a 'nipple' on top. The nipple could be a product of the helmet being removed from a sprue. :scratch:

Genuine ones have a raised 'bar' running down the inside at the back. The repros I've seen don't. Genuine helmets also often have some of the paint from Lukes hair on the inside from repeatedly putting it on.

Have you looked at the ones here? http://www.imperialgunnery.com/helmetsandhoods.htm

First off thanks for welcome.I will post some pictures of mine,my one has no nibble on top that is just something a collector told me about.Mine has a mark that mite have been a nipple on top of helmet that has been polished down.Mine has got paint on inside of helmet and a raised bar running parallel down the inside of back.No i haven't seen your link thanks it very useful.
Back to top Go down
gto
New User
New User

PostSubject: picture   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 9:44 pm

He is plenty of pictures with different cameras and lighting as images can look totally different in these circumstances even tho of same figure,gun and helmet.
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New048-1_zps02773fc5
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New046-1_zps8edfb16d
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New045-1_zps6c293ac4
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New044-1_zps4d762da3
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New043_zps0781e5fd
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New041-1_zps0899402c
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New039-1_zpsdd9df733
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New038_zps383bc769
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New036-1_zpsd3a4920f
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New035_zps73ee3a06
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New033-1_zps5330b971
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New032_zpsa7985bdb
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New030_zps2136f5c4
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New029_zpsca4e7b9b
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New027_zps914c15f0
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New026_zps0ca21cef
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New025-1_zps608906ce
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New019_zps4dbddc24
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New016-1_zps61818abf
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New013_zps1458d8d6
Luke storm trooper figure Questions New012_zps17889c5b
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050018_zps29572e72
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050017_zpsa65118ce
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050016_zps43aee037
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050015_zpsadc4f9ab
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050014_zps00f82e7e
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050008_zpsaa45ba8c
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050005_zps3fe01c02
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050004_zps065757bd
Luke storm trooper figure Questions S1050003_zps5c1d4f52
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 7:48 am

I'm not confident, but it looks like a stormtrooper figures' head that was taken off the body. Then someone broke out the dremel and made it smooth. It's looks too wide on the figure also.

Feedback TIG
http://tinyurl.com/TIGfeedback & RS http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:56 am

The helmet looks a bit off, in terms of paint apps, and it looks a bit rough, like it was from a poor mold...

Here's one I had, I just have these two pics, but the helmet overall looks "cleaner"

Luke storm trooper figure Questions Sam4626m Luke storm trooper figure Questions Sam4627
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Its quite tricky to photo but original helmets also have a small round mould mark at the inside top, as well as the raised bar running up the inside back of the helmet.
[img]Luke storm trooper figure Questions Stormielukehelmet_zps58acbb68[/img]
Back to top Go down
gto
New User
New User

PostSubject: helmet   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks for the comments and opinions ,from the pictures i've seen from this site and others and comments people have told me i'm confident its real Smile
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Bumping this topic since a bunch of pictures are no longer visible and to confirm this helmet is legit.

Luke storm trooper figure Questions 9443098683_4a4fe11a9b_o

It is tough to photograph, so there are a few exposure/lighting changes on the same inner shot to try to see inside better.

The only thing I have no idea about is the material.
It is a hard plastic and any helmets I have in my current collection all are made of soft, flexible material.
That is the only thing that is throwing me.

The inside has the bar on the back, the circle inside on the top and a tiny bump on the top of the outside.
Paint and detail all look awesome.

It fits good, not tight and can slightly be turned left and right without moving Luke's head.

Any thoughts would be welcomed!

cheers and thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:41 pm

It looks good to me Jay. The raised bar often has traces of paint from Lukes hair (due to the helmet being repeatedly put on & removed).
The fakes I've seen lack the raised bar & EPM on the inside. They've also had a more sloppy paint job.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:53 pm

looks good to me too bud, as Steve has already said, the repros lack the bar and EPM on the inside.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Thanks fellas!
cheers 
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:18 pm

psybertech wrote:
Bumping this topic since a bunch of pictures are no longer visible and to confirm this helmet is legit.

Luke storm trooper figure Questions 9443098683_4a4fe11a9b_o

It is tough to photograph, so there are a few exposure/lighting changes on the same inner shot to try to see inside better.

The only thing I have no idea about is the material.
It is a hard plastic and any helmets I have in my current collection all are made of soft, flexible material.
That is the only thing that is throwing me.

The inside has the bar on the back, the circle inside on the top and a tiny bump on the top of the outside.
Paint and detail all look awesome.

It fits  good, not tight and can slightly be turned left and right without moving Luke's head.

Any thoughts would be welcomed!

cheers and thanks!
Very Happy

Sorry, but the version on this pics is a repro to my opinion. Matches one i have exactly, including the bump and hard plastic. Can take better pics tomorrow, but i'm 99% sure.

Luke storm trooper figure Questions 2013-015Luke storm trooper figure Questions 2013-016
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:56 pm

OK, so now I am confused...
2 say OK
1 says NO

Here is the helmet (view original size to see large) showing the outside...

Luke storm trooper figure Questions 9443099399_1d21d88ce4_o

I can take more pics if someone tells me what to show.
I can also try to work on the lighting better... its a fairly nice day here so I can take pics outside if that might help.

Fred,

What makes you think it is a repro?

If it is, I want to have the seller compensate, but I need proof.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:34 pm

psybertech wrote:
OK, so now I am confused...
2 say OK
1 says NO

Here is the helmet (view original size to see large) showing the outside...

Luke storm trooper figure Questions 9443099399_1d21d88ce4_o

I can take more pics if someone tells me what to show.
I can also try to work on the lighting better... its a fairly nice day here so I can take pics outside if that might help.

Fred,

What makes you think it is a repro?

If it is, I want to have the seller compensate, but I need proof.

cheers!
Very Happy

I'm saying my confirmed repro helmet has the exact perfect bar in the back, the exact same repro gloss (vintage samples i've seen and held in my hand are typically less glossy), and the described hard plastic. Same copy of the the circle on the inside, perfectly applied paint and exact white color. Same thing with the thingy on top of the helmet. It's brighter than the figure on the first pics. Last thing is the 'rim' on the inner-edge of the helmet which matches my repro. ( i haven't uploaded pics for the repro-archive yet)
This led me to believe it's off, but no proof.

Sloppy paint or missing a bar no longer identify a vintage helmet, not sure what does (yet).
I can probably share a link to the auctions through PM if you want Jay, perhaps to confirm for yourself, (got mine with a figure which i wanted to add so I'll need to search for it.).

Is the blaster real (solid black), that's a clue i believe?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:45 pm

Hey Fred,

I'll take links if you have them.

The glossy look to me is just the lighting effects from the tent setup (and more so from the brightness and contrast adjustments I did in the close up collage of the helmet itself).
I can't really say it is glossier than the main torso of the figure. It is a tad whiter, but to me that wasn't a flag since it might be different plastic and even stored differently over time.

The upper right side of the section below the mouth (speaker/breather area) seems to have the same slope of the legit ones I have seen in photos, but I haven't seen a confirmed legit helmet (or repros) at the same angle.

I am not disagreeing in your thoughts at all, but now I really would like to see more legit images and repros. Particularly good images of them which is a bit hard to get.

If this is a repro, man, it looks fantastic, but without any good comparisons, I am not sure.

I do want confirmation so I can deal with the seller if it is off. The sooner the better just because it is ebay.

cheers and thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Here are some eBay ads (already ended) for replacement reproduction helmets.

Will post detailed pics of the inside from my repro tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Thanks for the links, Fred!

The only one that concerns me is the last item : 330908151547
The others I can't tell or they are different. Just the last one is a bit disturbing.

Does anyone have a "good" repro that can post detailed pics? Specifically from that last ebay listing seller?

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 5:58 am

Here's an 'attempt' to film my repro LS repro helmet. Stormie Smiley 
Narration by me, not quite David Attenborough.. 

Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 9:49 am

I don't think the helm in the last video is repro, it looks identical to my childhood LS helm.

Edit: here is the one I've had since I was a child. Luke Stormtrooper was one of my favorites as a child and I remember when I got him from my father.
Btw it is glossy and really hard plastic. It's not like the other helms that where rubber. It got a mark on top and circle inside top of helm got the bar etc. Paint can get stuck on the inside of there, maybe han solo small head could fit in there? or some other figure. Sometimes people make customs of han solo as a stormtrooper by sadly waisting a luke and a han. Does your luke have perfect hands? sometimes people display luke with the helm in his hand.
Luke storm trooper figure Questions Photo_10
Luke storm trooper figure Questions Photo_11
Luke storm trooper figure Questions Photo_12
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:10 am

Rawlin wrote:
I don't think the helm in the last video is repro, it looks identical to my childhood LS helm.
Paint on the hands & hair of my figure is 100% and very white. (that's why i remember the helmet being advertized as repro, i bought it for the figure despite the fake helmet. I don't save the original ad text unfortunately so i'm not 100% sure). :scratch: 

It would explain the confusion in this posting since also Jay's sample looks similar.

Any other thoughts?
Now I'm questioning if my 'bought as repro' is real or not also. lol!
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:22 am

I noticed 330908151547 linked earlier was listed as repro, it had larger black areas and missed the "circle/mold mark" on top of helm.

I can't check my other because its at the museum.

You sure it was listed as repro?
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:36 am

Rawlin wrote:
I noticed  330908151547 linked earlier was listed as repro, it had larger black areas and missed the "circle/mold mark" on top of helm.
I can't check my other because its at the museum.
You sure it was listed as repro?
I've just checked that listing and you're right, it's different from the one in the pics or video.
Also found the mail conversation with the seller in my Gmail, (I've bought this figure in a small lot).

My questions to him (translated from Dutch to English since it was a Dutch site):
" Are both the blaster and helmet vintage, and is the blaster the correct version for Luke (solid black)? "
His answer:
" Blaster is vintage for sure and looks black. I'm not sure about the helmet, it could be a repro. "

I've turned this into 'this must be a repro' since one should/must remember if a figure is completed with repro or vintage. So it COULD be genuine.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:46 am

It's hard to tell from the video but what I saw and you described its just as mine. Maybe the seller was not sure and didn't want problems or negative feedback later?

I'm pretty sure that is not a repro at all.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:11 pm

yeah, you got me wondering now Fred :scratch: But from watching your vid i would have to agree with Rawlin, the helmet looks vintage to me. Also i have had a Luke stormie with original helmet since i was a kid and although the figure discoloured over time, the helmet did not. I always displayed him with the helmet in his hand too so as not to rub his hair. The helmet is of a hard plastic and sinks when placed in water. Can we all do a float test to see if there is any difference?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke storm trooper figure Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next