The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Luke storm trooper figure Questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Yeah those helmets are durable for sure, My Luke since childhood is seriously discolored, lots of play wear. But the helm is mint. My other one is the same. A friend showed me his collection a while back and that Luke looked great, so did the helm. I've had a few in the shop and all helms looked great.
Acctually I've never seen a yellowed one.
They should have used that magical fairie dust or what ever it was on the rest of the toys as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Perhaps more ppl will add to the discussion, for now I'll consider it probably genuine instead of definite repro.
With 4 helmets made from hard plastic and the same details (of which at least 2 from childhood collections if I'm counting correct) it's most likely real.

Still need to add him to my MOC collection so can't check a carded sample.
(I'd very much like to know the different origins of the two but will save that for another day Stormie Smiley .)

Pls excuse me for the confusion again Embarassed
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 am

Rawlin wrote:
Yeah those helmets are durable for sure, My Luke since childhood is seriously discolored, lots of play wear. But the helm is mint. My other one is the same. A friend showed me his collection a while back and that Luke looked great, so did the helm. I've had a few in the shop and all helms looked great.
Acctually I've never seen a yellowed one.
They should have used that magical fairie dust or what ever it was on the rest of the toys as well.
Yeah absolutely, i wish they had too Stormie Smiley  I think it has something to do with the fact that it was a hard plastic used. As it is usually the softer PVC limbs on stormies and stormie/farm boy lukes that discolor the most. The harder plastic torsos usually hold up pretty well.

@ Fred - does your suspected repro helmet float or sink in water? It would be good if we could confirm for certain one way or another if yours is genuine that way hopefully it can be reunited with its figure Smile Likewise if Jay tests his, although not conclusive proof, it may help to shed some light on their authenticity. of course we also need to test a confirmed repro to see whether that too sinks :scratch:study
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:15 am

I think I read that they sink. I can't remember testing mine on a float test but the bad part is that many repros are made of resin type material which always sinks. At least that's my experience with it.
It is likely that both the real and repros sink in this case. Testing won't hurt though.
Back to top Go down
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 6:14 am

Mine sinks indeed.
I can make it float by placing it in water very carefully like a boat (closed side down).
Also when carefully placed sideways a little air remains and it floats.

Dropping it in water from 4-5cm sinks it.
Think I'll merry it up with the figure again for now, thx so far again.

Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:56 am

Hey guys,

I didn't want to chime back in while this was being discussed since I had nothing more to offer than my initial question.
I was hoping for a good outcome, and I think we are leaning back to original now, correct?

I do hope so! Smile

OK... one question left unanswered was about the blaster mine came with.... yes, it is the correct blaster and original as best I can tell.

As for floating... it floats when it is not full of water and sinks when it is.

cheers and thanks for hashing this out fellas!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 8:50 am

I lost one of my black blasters unfortunately so I can't test for you. The other one as at the museum. I think I remember it was unsinkable though last time I tested. But it's a vague memory. Resin sinks at once, if that helps. Except on the helm probably because it acts like a boat. Resin is almost like dropping a rock in water. It goes down at once, unless air bubbles somehow grabbs on to it. Most repros I've found have been in a resin type material. It's easy to use and easy to get.
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 9:55 am

Unfortunately i don't have a Luke stormie blaster as i lost it years ago, so unfortunately I can't test for you Jay. I've always just got by with using the darkest blue/black blaster that i have. I'll get one some day though. As normal stormie blasters float it would be a fairly safe bet that if you're blaster floats Jay then its genuine. As Rawlin has said most repro blasters, even the tiny A wing pilot/ imperial gunner repro pistols sink like a stone.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:00 am

Hey Chris,

I wasn't concerned with the blaster. It looks completely legit. I didn't even think to try to float it since there was/is no real doubt in my mind that it is legit. But, for shits and giggles, I'll plop it in and see what's what with it. Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:09 am

psybertech wrote:
Hey Chris,

I wasn't concerned with the blaster. It looks completely legit. I didn't even think to try to float it since there was/is no real doubt in my mind that it is legit. But, for shits and giggles, I'll plop it in and see what's what with it. Smile

cheers!
Very Happy
Heh heh oh yeah, i just read your previous post back and you said you were happy that its legit :I am stupid: 
I'm glad that it all turned out well with you're Luke Stormie accessories mate :DHopefully Fred is happy with his too.
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 10:53 am

chris.75 wrote:
psybertech wrote:
Hey Chris,

cheers!
Very Happy
Heh heh oh yeah, i just read your previous post back and you said you were happy that its legit :I am stupid: 
I'm glad that it all turned out well with you're Luke Stormie accessories mate :DHopefully Fred is happy with his too.
Very Happy
You know, it is better to be safe than sorry. I don't want to 'think' its legit and years from now come to find out its not, so best to confirm while it is fresh on the mind.

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luke storm trooper figure Questions   Luke storm trooper figure Questions - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luke storm trooper figure Questions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2