The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jacobi wan kenobi
New User
New User

Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float? Empty
PostSubject: Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float?   Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:22 am

I bought this Luke storm trooper in the early 90's.  l am about to sell it but want to make sure the helmet is authentic. looking at the article here it does appear to be so. it does not have an injection circle on the back of it, and has nice Clean paint lines and no black paint on the back side like the versions I've seen here. but it does sink in water.... so could it be a really high quality repro? or is this one of the random sinking parts?
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float?   Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:28 am

Although they were around, I don't think repros really became widely available until the mid to end of the nineties, mainly due to the growing success of ebay at the time. If you bought yours prior to this time, there is a good chance it is genuine.

I have two genuine Luke Stormie helmets, both sink in water.
hope this helps Smile

Last edited by chris.75 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jacobi wan kenobi
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float?   Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:53 am

thank you! def think its authentic then! a few repro weapons have been turning up in the collection, i never thought of it then, I just was just happy to have the figure with a gun or saber!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float?   Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:29 am

First & most important 'test' to determine authenticity for anything is use your eyes. Visual comparison to known legit items from various pictures on the web including TIGs is the best method. Reproductions have been around since the early 90s.

There are quite a few 'random' sinking parts.

welcome & good luck with your sales. Great to see you are making sure you are not passing on fakes.

Luke Stormtrooper blaster can be a nightmare to get 'correct'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float?   Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does authentic luke storm trooper helmet sink or float?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1