The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 3:59 pm

I am far from a expert on Lili Ledy figures but I agree with Bryan - your Yoda and his accessories look Ledy to me Very Happy  It is always difficult on the robes for me to know for sure without seeing it in person or at least really good pics .

As the trappedtexan said though - their are quite a few Ledy experts here at TIG and I am sure someone will chime in soon What a Face 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:00 am

Hi Todd,

From what I can see the figure and the accessories look good. A picture of the COO would be good to get a confirmation.

Small deformations of the COO stamp of the Ledy Yoda seem to be common. Same for the Gamorrean Guard.

Ledy Yoda. Note the warped ©.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 YodaC

Two Ledy Gamorrean Guards. Note the deformed © on the right figure.
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 IMG_3394

It might be that these deformations were caused by weathering of the used steel moulds during their production life time. Another explanation (which I like better) is that the plastic parts were still a bit 'soft' before being ejected out of the steel mould, causing some deformation. This might be due to the used plastics and/or the applied process conditions in the Lili Ledy factory.

Maybe a plastic expert can chime in to shed his light on this.

Hope this helps,

Marco
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:08 am

On Yoda: Wether the one nor the other! The exact HK pendant always has the same deformation.

IMO this already happend while stamping those. You know...the tool...the round back...sth went wrong here.

I have not finished yoda yet (coo chart), but from my mind: three Hks...two of them have dformed shaped Copyright symbol. Would be interesting to see if the not so deformed one also exists as LL no coo....must check my spares...though

I agree on The GG....removing seem to destroy those and the fact that they can get damged from moving the leg.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:22 am

OK that is interesting.

So the warped © was carved that way when making the COO stamp for the HK ancestor steel mould.
In case there are HK figures having the same warped © that would make 200% sense.

Thanks, Wolff!

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:38 am

Good to have my old coo guide...LOL

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/COO-GUIDE-h21.htm#Yoda

Anyway:

LL: with warped c and without...smae as HK. At minimum two coos each....I tend to believe its three (two with warped...on LL and HK)
Back to top Go down
sw.1979
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sw.1979

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 3:44 am

i think they are two LL no coo miss shaped C as far as i remember (could be wrong will have to check) as there is two miss shaped hk coo`s and the meccano no coo`sTHE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 00913
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 4:50 am

merlin wrote:

About the thing that concerns us now, yes that is correct...we have a new LL Yoda in the neighborhood,  we have a dark green Yoda with black eyes, and a light green Yoda with black eyes and the  light green Yoda with orange eyes.

that will make this Yoda the transition one from Imperio & Retorno cards  to the Regreso 30 and 50 back cards.....

So I have the following info...

1.-"Imperio" and Early "Retorno" 12 back ( with guarantee inside) with light green Yoda with orange eyes.
2.-Late "Retorno" 12 back unsure  ( I need to found somebody with a carded example,  that sounds almost as an impossible task, but that's my kind of mission) and  "Regreso" 14 back with light green Yoda with black eyes.
3.-"Regreso" 30 and 50 Backs dark green Yoda with black eyes.
UPDATED: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p915-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#68144

Thanks for the great info, my friend. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 6:54 am

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 LiliLedyImperialBlasters
I can't seem to find a comparison picture of these Ledy Blasters vs the equivalent V3 & V7s.
Particularly showing the difference 'thickness' or other telltale signs.

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 Sdc13012
top row V3 & V7
middle row V3 & V7 Ledy
bottom black Ledy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 7:54 am

The Yoda entry has now been updated with pics of Bryan's (Trappedtexan) transition Yoda.

UPDATED: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t2135p915-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-1#68144
Back to top Go down
ToddG
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:18 am

Thanks for the help, guys my COO looks like the one posted.

I must say you guys have some serious eyes for detail.

Thanks again
Todd
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 11:43 am

Glad we coud help you, Todd!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 12:33 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Todd put up a picture of the coo marking.  The picture in the ledy guide shows the c being stretched a bit making an oval shape.  (for coo #6 anyway)

As I stated over on RS I think it is a ledy figure.  If no one else responds in a day or so ask Ozio, Jose (dark Del Toro), or Adolfo (Merlin) as they are the ledy experts on the board or you can always ask Marco (Dr Dengar).  
....strange that the discoverer of a few Ledy items/variants isn't mentioned there.....but well....Razz ....

That happens when you do not post discoveries or publish them in any way in the first place!

Wolff...who was once called a Ledy expert too on these boards...... Razz 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 1:54 pm

@Wolff...don't feel too bad, your work documenting coo's upgraded your status from Ledy expert to COO expert!
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 2:14 pm

ToddG wrote:
Thanks for the help, guys my COO looks like the one posted.

I must say you guys have some serious eyes for detail.

Thanks again
Todd

Cool man - glad that there were some eagle eyes on your Yoda and Bryan was there to point you in the right direction to get the advice you needed cheers  I know the more I have learned over the years the more it has helped me out - I can't even count the # of times I sold uncommon figures and/or accessories for a fraction of their vaule because I just didn't know at that time what they were No  .

Keep posting your questions and pics - there are many guys here that really know their stuff and gladly share their knowledge Very Happy 

(BTW - I do not consider myself one of those experts - I am , and will be , learning for a long , long time :I am stupid:  )
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 pm

wbobafett wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:
Todd put up a picture of the coo marking.  The picture in the ledy guide shows the c being stretched a bit making an oval shape.  (for coo #6 anyway)

As I stated over on RS I think it is a ledy figure.  If no one else responds in a day or so ask Ozio, Jose (dark Del Toro), or Adolfo (Merlin) as they are the ledy experts on the board or you can always ask Marco (Dr Dengar).  
....strange that the discoverer of a few Ledy items/variants isn't mentioned there.....but well....Razz ....

That happens when you do not post discoveries or publish them in any way in the first place!

Wolff...who was once called a Ledy expert too on these boards...... Razz 
Wolff, I did not mean to offend you. I was just naming off a few sources off the top of my head. Unfortunately yourself and Lee and probably many others around here did not come to mind.
Back to top Go down
OZIO
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
OZIO

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:17 pm

Hey Wolff, you are THE LL expert... and my MASTER!!!!emperor2 
I have lots to thank you and will do it any chance I get (like this one...again!)

One of the best things about TIG:
if you have questions about vintage starwars a friendly bunch of guys will jump and help you, that's why I love this place.

Ozio
Back to top Go down
CarefulMexican
New User
New User

PostSubject: Temporarily LL Thread   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:10 am

Hello Star Wars Lovers,

I hope someone can help me Rolling Eyes 

Going through the details of my childhood lili ledy figures I find that my Yoda has the COO #3 shown in the guide, its belt and everything else described is consistent with the known characteristic descriptions except for one thing: thw snake, mine has the I guess typical orange snake rather than the expected brown one.

My question is, could it be that early own for this COO #3 yoda lily ledy used kenner's orange snake? Please let me know, I am dying to figure this one out...I am even thinking (which I doubt) if at the time I exchanged the brown snake common in Mexico for an orange one with one of my childhood Mexican friends....anyways, either I got a rarity or I now need a lily ledy brown snake for my rare yoda Sad 

The CarefulMexican
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 10:51 am

Maybe you or a childhood friend obtained a Kenner Yoda with orange snake back in the 80s. Apparently Kenner figures were also sold in Mexico.  

Dr Dengar wrote:

I had a chat with a Mexican collector on Facebook the other day. He told me that Kenner figures were available in Mexico on the black markets and in some exclusive shops at very high prices. That was new info to me.
From: http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5523p225-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-2#107142

Or maybe was a Kenner Yoda with orange snake released on the Imperio Contraataca cards?

On Rebelscum llseeker wrote:

The ESB LL figures were not produced in Mexico. They were regular Kenner figures on LL cards. I bought some of them in the childhood days. Never kept the cards, though.... kids....

Here are the figures and their features:
Chewbacca
Han hoth (pink face)
Yoda (orange snake)
C3PO (with rivet on back)
R2D2 (with cross-head screw)

All are HK coo figs and there is nothing special about them variant-wise. Once out of the cards they are average figures. As far as I know, all 10 figures were released for a very short time, in fact some LL employees regard them as "test market" figures.

Finding one carded is just impossible. As far as I know, no one has ever found an original one carded.
Taken from: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1027904#17556069
Back to top Go down
Scarface1346
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 2:20 pm

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 A0473f2b0d52c1c0a64223b66d0269a8
Found this ledy scout gun yesterday sorry for bad pic was trying to show the small B on the circle on the handle.
Back to top Go down
CarefulMexican
New User
New User

PostSubject: Lily Ledy Yoda with Orange Snake   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 17, 2013 7:49 pm

Dears, thanks for the clarifications, its seems then i got a regular Kenner Yoda but how come the belt its lily ledy and not the snake? Anyways, I appreciate the feedback and I will consider my Yoda to be a Kenner.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:25 pm

I was checking through some of my loose Ledy figures. When it came to the Gamorrean Guard, I noticed a difference to the one described in the guide (and pictures I've seen else where):

Quote :Dr Dengar Wrote - Compared to his Kenner (no COO) counterpart, the Ledy Gamorrean Guard has:
- helmet with a brown instead of silver tip at the front (close to the forehead)

Mine appears to have a silver tip, is this a variant or just a sloppy paint application?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 Dscn6637

Also, on the underside of the feet, there are egg shaped marks & a #1 on the figures left foot. Assuming there were at least 2 moulds, are other numbers known?

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 Dscn6638
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:30 pm

BS Gun - That seems very dark, do you have any others for a side by side photo?

Gammy Guard - Are you sure that's a 1 and not a line?
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 2:38 pm

It definitely looks like a reversed #1 to me Stef. Numbers are known on the feet of Kenner GG's, but I have not come across references to it on Ledy GG figures.
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 5:11 pm

Steve, I just checked the 2 extra LL GG's that I had sitting beside my desk.  One of them has the 1 on the bottom of the feet as well. They also have the brown tip on the helmet above the forehead.  I will dig my other LL GG out of storage after supper and take some pictures.cheers

Edit: I'll have to try taking pictures in the morning in the natural light. I couldn't get the pictures to turn out well enough in my office.

Last edited by Commander Clint on Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 18, 2013 5:22 pm

Thank you Clint. I appreciate it! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next