The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:41 am

I've never noticed before but the 12" ledy tusken raider is one ugly mother!

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DnJbwKZ
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 12:35 pm

...got some glasses yesterday????

Razz Razz Razz 
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 5:46 pm

I assume you got this PIC from the Ebay auction ...
I just want to throw my 2 cents about it....
I like that the seller is focused making sure we all now that the clothing is 100% original of the "Hombre de las dunas" ,BUT he totally forgot that the box is the most important part of this item ... Ive seen at least 20 or more of this 12" dolls loose ( complete or incomplete) , but only 3 boxed, I JUST WANT TO ADVICE THAT THIS BOX DOES NOT HAVE THE DECALS IN THE BOTTOM AND IN THE UPPER PART OF THE BOX WITH THE LEGEND  OF " HOMBRE DE LAS DUNAS" ..... we know that this particular item was boxed in DARTH VADER, HAN SOLO or LUKE SKYWALKER Boxes , because there was never a " HOMBRE DE LAS DUNAS" box , anyway I´m glad to know that this one was in a Luke Skywalker box  Very Happy  Very Happy 

To me the one on ebay is 90% Original..... as one side of the box has a color copy where is the missing part of the carton......but still a very impressive item!!

Here is what Im talking about...my Lili Ledy 12" boxed "Hombre de las dunas"
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Lado_d10

And here is a comparison...
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Ll12c10

And now the one that is in EBAY...... ( you can see some part of the old decal that was there
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Hombre11

walkie wrote:
I've never noticed before but the 12" ledy tusken raider is one ugly mother!

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DnJbwKZ
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 7:43 am

Ledy Leia Boussh rifle is thick or thin handle?
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Sdc13142
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 am

aussiejames wrote:

Ledy = Thin
kenner = Thick
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:40 pm

walkie wrote:
aussiejames wrote:

Ledy = Thin
kenner = Thick

Are you sure there is no thin Kenner ones???  Suspect 
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Good spot, AJ! Very Happy

My guess is that the Ledy mould is not unique though?
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:44 pm

I can only comment on my collection, 2 ledy thin and 3 kenner thick.

What about weequays vibroaxe? Isn't the fat one unique to ledy?

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:48 pm

walkie wrote:
I can only comment on my collection, 2 ledy thin and 3 kenner thick.

What about weequays vibroaxe? Isn't the fat one unique to ledy?

yeah because Klaatu is also MIM and therefore has a unique weapon mold!!

I checked on my Leias:

- LL both thin!
- I found two Kenner ones without EPM and they are thick (the ones with EPM are thin)

so....it could be a unique feature....not sure why...could be material-wise?!?!? Will check them all hopefully soon!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 1:56 pm

haahahaha...I can hear Marco going through 32 LL Leia Boushh figures....can you also hear it??...I can Very Happy Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! 

My task was easy..just two!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 4:05 pm

Yes EPM versions are thin as well, I think some Kenner are thin also (big copyright Hong Kong?)

I bought two 'Ledy' rifles so obviously one is not Ledy. Does asking for a $20 refund sound fair ?( finding another one is unlikely at that price? )
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 3:07 am

aussiejames wrote:
Yes EPM versions are thin as well, I think some Kenner are thin also (big copyright Hong Kong?)

I bought two 'Ledy' rifles so obviously one is not Ledy. Does asking for a $20 refund sound fair ?( finding another one is unlikely at that price? )

Interesting....I cannot check all my Leia Boush rifles right now....but let us keep that in mind when doing wepaon guide 2.0!!! Very Happy

You are right...finding a LL for 20 is impossible I guess??
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 4:14 am

Seller was great to speak with. It's not like either one of us knew about this thick vs thin handle. Partial refund agreed upon & we both look forward to more research on this topic. Even the gloss vs matt is very hard to tell if at all?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2014 4:18 am

Just came across this video of Brian Toys showing a graded Lili Ledy Jawa with attached hood:

More info here:

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083008/

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1103464/

Any collectors here having an example in their collection?
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 12:27 am

I asked my good friend Alonso Vilches to share his LL jawa ( attached hood version)
Alonso is one of the most respected Mexican collectors , his valuable contribution to a lot of LL related items have helped a lot of newly collectors and the  worldwide SW community.
He told me several years ago about his attached hood jawa ( info that I shared in here , but  I guess it was to soon for that) , anyway , I really amazed about the characteristics of the cloth and specially the color and type of thread used ...
here is Alonso Jawa ( I guess was taken with almost no light)
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Alonso10

Now compare it vs 2 Jawas ( NO attached hood)  that were recently discovered in the MTY lot
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 20131013
Brianstoys attached hood / ex  robbie  
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Jawa_a10
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Attach10
Now compare it vs 2 Jawas ( NO attached hood)  that were recently discovered in the MTY lot
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 20131013

one more pic of Alonso´s attached hood LL JAwa
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Alonso11

As you can see both attached hood Jawas ( MOC and LOOSE ) have the same color and type of thread.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 11:37 am

I was looking for the other LL JAWA attached hood...
Cloths and threads are identical.

serial number xxxx3029
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Jawa_a11

Alonso´s LL JAwa attached hood
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Alonso13

serial number xxxx3164
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Attach11
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Attach12
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Great contribution, Adolfo. Very Happy

Very kind also of Alonso to share pictures of his loose Jawa with attached hood.
A true Ledy treasure.

Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 6:45 am

wbobafett wrote:

I checked on my Leias:

- LL both thin!
- I found two Kenner ones without EPM and they are thick (the ones with EPM are thin)

got some pictures from Ozio- confirmed all thin:
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 1903273_1468834403329925_626871112_n
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 1922840_1468834389996593_1017369325_n
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 1957407_1468834393329926_479397365_n
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 1964342_1468834396663259_1795230555_n
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 1938125_1468834399996592_152636867_n
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 8:32 am

Great work AJ & Ozio :clap:

Now if we could just find someone to update the Ledy guide ?!?!?  Sleep 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 5:22 pm

Hey guys, a generic question....

Reading up on part 1's first page about the history of Lili Ledy, the year stated they started releasing figures was 1982.
By chance does anyone know if it was early 1982 or late?

Part of my research on things.

Thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Let me ask Alonso Vilches, expert in this kind of info.he will know the exact time when Lili ledy realeased the Imperio figures to the market.

psybertech wrote:
Hey guys, a generic question....

Reading up on part 1's first page about the history of Lili Ledy, the year stated they started releasing figures was 1982.
By chance does anyone know if it was early 1982 or late?

Part of my research on things.

Thanks!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
chris.75
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
chris.75

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you could help me out, as I would appreciate your opinions, on this figure I picked up recently.

I bought him from a U.K seller, it was listed on ebay as an ordinary Vader. It came with a Kenner cape and lettered saber, although I don't believe these to be original to the figure in question.

When I originally saw this ebay listing, I thought I was buying an upgrade to my coo IV.1a Ledy, mixed up parts, hybrid.
Which, as previously discussed, is believed to originally have came off the ROTJ 77B "Anakin Offer" cards.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5523p300-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-2  (towards bottom of page)

But when I got the figure In hand I noticed it had a Ledy sculpt head instead of a Kenner.
The curious thing is the paint apps to the buckle, as they seem quite large compared to normal Ledy/ MIM Vaders.

So my question is this, is this an early Imperio Ledy Vader with a HK coo, or is it a later produced MIM counterpart to the Ledy/ Kenner hybrid. Ledy limbs and head, but a kenner Torso?
after all it makes sense that, if there are Ledy torso and limb variants, combined with Kenner heads, known to exist.
Then surely the opposite can also be found  :scratch: 

Its also worth mentioning that I think it unlikely, that an early HK coo ledy figure would end up in the U.K without the collector knowing what he had  thinking 

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DSCF7616_zpsc985d0e1

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DSCF7607_zpsa9b96200

Chest and buckle detail

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Chestdetail_zps5d2ed12b

comparrison of Ledy/MIM figure on left with possible hybrid on right

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DSCF7617_zpsc6f3d560

so what do you guys think? Any help would be greatly apreciated  Smile
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:10 pm

chris.75 wrote:
Hi Guys,
I was wondering if you could help me out, as I would appreciate your opinions, on this figure I picked up recently.

I bought him from a U.K seller, it was listed on ebay as an ordinary Vader. It came with a Kenner cape and lettered saber, although I don't believe these to be original to the figure in question.

When I originally saw this ebay listing, I thought I was buying an upgrade to my coo IV.1a Ledy, mixed up parts, hybrid.
Which, as previously discussed, is believed to originally have came off the ROTJ 77B "Anakin Offer" cards.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5523p300-the-lili-ledy-guide-discussion-thread-part-2  (towards bottom of page)

But when I got the figure In hand I noticed it had a Ledy sculpt head instead of a Kenner.
The curious thing is the paint apps to the buckle, as they seem quite large compared to normal Ledy/ MIM Vaders.

So my question is this, is this an early Imperio Ledy Vader with a HK coo, or is it a later produced MIM counterpart to the Ledy/ Kenner hybrid. Ledy limbs and head, but a kenner Torso?
after all it makes sense that, if there are Ledy torso and limb variants, combined with Kenner heads, known to exist.
Then surely the opposite can also be found  :scratch: 

Its also worth mentioning that I think it unlikely, that an early HK coo ledy figure would end up in the U.K without the collector knowing what he had  thinking 

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DSCF7616_zpsc985d0e1

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DSCF7607_zpsa9b96200

Chest and buckle detail

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Chestdetail_zps5d2ed12b

comparrison of Ledy/MIM figure on left with possible hybrid on right

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 DSCF7617_zpsc6f3d560

so what do you guys think? Any help would be greatly apreciated  Smile

Chris .... this is my TOP TOYS Vader vs a LILI Ledy Vader.... I think it matches the same ones you are comparing...
Sorry for the pic, but I took this pic some time ago, those action figures are in my parents house...and I dont have them here with me!
I had the same question for a long a time, I thought for a while it was a PBP, it took me a while to find out it was a TOP TOYS vader ( I dont remember who send me a pic of his MOC Top toys Vader and it matches perfectly including the cape, that was in the FB group of vintage star wars action figures).......

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Top_to10
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:32 pm

TOP TOYS?!?!? That figure is pretty unique and doesn't look like any other production figure.
Back to top Go down
merlin
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
merlin

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 2:53 pm

walkie wrote:
TOP TOYS?!?!? That figure is pretty unique and doesn't look like any other production figure.

yes , as you can see it in the PIC... head is totally different, and torso looks like a Ledy , but has some different details as I will show in the next pics....

here is a LL Vader loose pulled out of a LL Regreso card, a MOC MIM VAder, a LL MOC Vader ( regreso)... as you can see only the light saber color is different ,
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Vaders10
And here is LL Partially RS Retorno Card ( same type of LL vader) (
THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 Lili_l10
(figure not mine , image from my archives, taken in Dallas )

IM going to Mexico City this weekend for a convention ,so I guess I will bring that Loose Top Toys vader.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2   THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2 - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE LILI LEDY GUIDE & DISCUSSION THREAD PART 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 16 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next