The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

rarety of figure and there coo variation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 7:37 pm

coachk28 wrote:
The Admiral wrote:
I think they just mean a paler colour than originally intended, not exactly white in colour tho

I would agree... it's not white... but much much paler in color!!!

Is this a variant to cry home about???

Hey guys - picked this up recently and its pretty close to white...not sure on the rarity, but pretty sure it was just a tri-logo release...
rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 TeeboWhite

wbobafett wrote:

I would definatley unpack him...you shure it was the Japan coo one??? Not all carded Takara Stromies are the ones with the Japan coo...I think only evary 4th...you can tell from the number of the Takara sticker.

Junping back to the Stormies for a second...I'm with you Wolff - too hard to find loose! btw - whats the number I should be looking for on the sticker? I've been trying to use my x-ray vision to see the screw on the back, but that just doesn't seem to work over the internet Razz
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 8:48 pm

b4nth4 wrote:
coachk28 wrote:
The Admiral wrote:
I think they just mean a paler colour than originally intended, not exactly white in colour tho

I would agree... it's not white... but much much paler in color!!!

Is this a variant to cry home about???

Hey guys - picked this up recently and its pretty close to white...not sure on the rarity, but pretty sure it was just a tri-logo release...
rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 TeeboWhite

wbobafett wrote:

I would definatley unpack him...you shure it was the Japan coo one??? Not all carded Takara Stromies are the ones with the Japan coo...I think only evary 4th...you can tell from the number of the Takara sticker.

Junping back to the Stormies for a second...I'm with you Wolff - too hard to find loose! btw - whats the number I should be looking for on the sticker? I've been trying to use my x-ray vision to see the screw on the back, but that just doesn't seem to work over the internet Razz

Thats the Teebo im talking about!!!!!!

With that pale ass hat!!!!

Is that thing rare at all... anyone???????
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:22 pm

They do pop up every now and then, not like the regular one. I've had 3 in the past, 2 carded and one loose. I'm hunting another one now because of all this variation talk. Got me back into the groove of things wanting them.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
b4nth4
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
b4nth4

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:30 pm

I always thought they were due to age/discolouration etc, until a couple of guys here assured me they were a legit variation. Now that I have one in person its easy to see its legit and was made that colour...

Don't think they are uber-rare but I had to hunt through a few hundred on ebay before finding this one...and even that was bought with a bit of a gamble from a really small unclear photo.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2010 10:40 pm

I even ask Tom Derby about it one time and he said the same thing, deteriation. But when its in hand like you said, you can tell its not. The first one I got was from a large lot on Ebay and was puzzled about it, which I was really going for the blue Snag that was in it. If your lucky to find a carded Teebo with a yellow bubble and bad photo, you might luck up and find it is a white headress. That was how I got mine.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:58 am

RebelChris wrote:
Rebel Commando

Hong Kong Painted Face: To me this is the most common variant out there.

China Molded Face: I'm not sure if this one is any harder to find than the others, but it's definitely easier to notice. I think that's why it's easier to find.

China Painted Face: This one took me awhile, just because 99% of the painted face Rebel Commando's out there are HK.

No COO Painted Face: Just like the China Painted face, this one is a bit tricky to find as well. I think this one and the China painted face are probably interchangeable.

I wanted to look into this a little further for you guys. And since I was putting my figures in my new Oscar cases, I decided to do some research.

I only have two (well actually three if you count my bubble test) carded molded face Rebel Commando's. One is on the TolToys cardback and the other is on the Palitoy 65B NN offer double stem. Don't know what that means as far as rarity goes, but if I had to guess, the molded face wasn't available on US Kenner cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rarety of figure and there coo variation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3