The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

rarety of figure and there coo variation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 4:58 pm

Here's the link to the Takara Stormie that ended last week. He says it's the alternate sculpt which
made me believe it was the japan coo - what do you reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-carded-Star-Wars-STORMTROOPER-TAKARA-1977_W0QQitemZ220551548313QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item3359e58d99

You are quite right about the takara wind up - he is an ugly fucker and has no place in the original
vintage line up lol! (apologies to lovers of him Wink )

The green coloured taiwan is legitimate imo - i will post up pics asap Cool
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 7:35 pm

ahhh now we are getting somewhere, thanks guy's for stepping up and shame on those , who wanne keep the info to them selfs

or the ones to lazy to post

rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 762851
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:08 pm

jimmymindtricks wrote:
ahhh now we are getting somewhere, thanks guy's for stepping up and shame on those , who wanne keep the info to them selfs

or the ones to lazy to post

rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 762851

Im also lazy...just commenting Lees great posts Smile

Lee....where is the Taiwan R2 picture??? Would be great to see to decide whether its a varinat or not!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:12 pm

Lee_m wrote:
Let's try R2....

Most common/easiest to get first

Made in Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Taiwan blue panel
Hong Kong dark blue panel (earlybird release but some later ones have dark blue panels as well i believe)
Lili ledy (probably controversial to some not being rarer but they are fairly readily available albeit with very worn stickers - a minty one would be the rarest/most expensive imo)
Taiwan green panel - i love this variant - it doesn't show up that often
No coo - still need this one myself! (ebay sellers rarely show r2's coo so you have to be patient and ask sellers)
Takara wind up - if you want to include this in the list this is where it would be

Others may disagree with this - What do you think Wolff?

Woohoo no C.O.O. R2 Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:17 pm

The Admiral wrote:
Lee_m wrote:
Let's try R2....

Most common/easiest to get first

Made in Hong Kong
Hong Kong
Taiwan blue panel
Hong Kong dark blue panel (earlybird release but some later ones have dark blue panels as well i believe)
Lili ledy (probably controversial to some not being rarer but they are fairly readily available albeit with very worn stickers - a minty one would be the rarest/most expensive imo)
Taiwan green panel - i love this variant - it doesn't show up that often
No coo - still need this one myself! (ebay sellers rarely show r2's coo so you have to be patient and ask sellers)
Takara wind up - if you want to include this in the list this is where it would be

Others may disagree with this - What do you think Wolff?

Woohoo no C.O.O. R2 Smile

lee didnt meant tthe ledy....he meant kenner no coo....differs even in the coo.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:18 pm

Lee_m wrote:
Here's the link to the Takara Stormie that ended last week. He says it's the alternate sculpt which
made me believe it was the japan coo - what do you reckon?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-carded-Star-Wars-STORMTROOPER-TAKARA-1977_W0QQitemZ220551548313QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ToysGames_ActionFigures_ActionFigures_JN?hash=item3359e58d99

seriously, Im not sure. could be a japan coo......i dont wanna know.....was so cheap Sad

wolff
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm

Still good news Wolff as i have 2 no C.O.O. R2 Sensorscopes, however one has a damn repro sticker on it, the other is about C7.5 Smile

I also have 2 R5 units that are no C.O.O., anyone got a rarity scale for R5D4? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:52 am

The Admiral wrote:
Still good news Wolff as i have 2 no C.O.O. R2 Sensorscopes, however one has a damn repro sticker on it, the other is about C7.5 Smile

I also have 2 R5 units that are no C.O.O., anyone got a rarity scale for R5D4? Smile

Hey Rob

The no coo r2 senserscope is very common. The list we made relates to the no coo solid top 1st issue which
is tricky to get.

As far as R5 goes, they are all pretty easy to get with regular searching but there are a few subtle differences you can look for;

There is hong kong coo, made in hong kong coo and no coo.

The Hong Kong coo you can get with 1977 and 1978 date stamp if my memeory serves me right.

Also, there is a Hong Kong with the top left bar on the sticker (as you look) coloured in red. Most Hong Kong's
have this as a blank bar - a minor variant but one nonetheless (this is probably the trickiest to come by)

The no coo just has the date stamp plus a smaller dome than HK.

There are as well, slightly different size panels on the dome plus lighter/darker shades of orange/red
which may/may not be down to discolouration/weak or strong paint mixture at the factory.

Wolff, i will post up R2 taiwan pics asap - trouble with my picture hoster at the moment plus i will
try to list the other figures required Cool
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:26 am

Ah thanks for that Lee, yeh i have a few solid tops but none are no COO, more hunting to do Smile
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 8:41 am

Ok next up ... C3P0 first issue, i have a few of these - is there any rarer than the others? Smile

Mainly these stamps on the left leg ...

©️ G.M.F.G.I. 1977
HONG KONG

©️ G.M.F.G.I.
HONG KONG

(I have a bag of nearly 300 figures ive never really looked at that i picked up in the early 90s - just going through them Smile )
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:14 am

The Admiral wrote:
Ok next up ... C3P0 first issue, i have a few of these - is there any rarer than the others? Smile
©️ G.M.F.G.I. 1977
HONG KONG
©️ G.M.F.G.I.
HONG KONG

There are around 7-10 variations on the 2 and 3 line hong kong coo all
with various light/dark gold permutations (again discolouration possibly/possibly not)
You can find all these fairly easily eventually through ebay searches.

The others in order of rareness i would say are the Ledy that shows up fairly often, Glasslite and Takara (Japan coo).

The rarest and hardest to find i would say is the PBP (though probably not as expensive as the Takara)
damn tricky to find and another that eludes me thus far...

I think that's all of them.
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:26 am

Excellent Lee, you certainly know your variants m8 Smile

Is the PBP easy to identify? anything one should look for?

Just looking at some Tie Pilots ...

Made in Hong Kong

Raised Bar China

No C.O.O. scar

And some Death Squad Commanders ...

3x Hong Kong (obviously common)

1x no C.O.O. scar - hes a darker grey and the circles on his helmet are smaller and harder to see
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:11 pm

The Admiral wrote:
Excellent Lee, you certainly know your variants m8 Smile

Is the PBP easy to identify? anything one should look for?

Just looking at some Tie Pilots ...

Made in Hong Kong

Raised Bar China

No C.O.O. scar

And some Death Squad Commanders ...

3x Hong Kong (obviously common)

1x no C.O.O. scar - hes a darker grey and the circles on his helmet are smaller and harder to see

I am still looking for a hell of a lots of variants mate - there are a lot more knowlegeable collectors out
there than me plus with bigger variant collections but you do learn a great deal and pick up some excellent information
along the way of loose variation collecting Smile I enjoy the knowledge as much as the figures themselves if that makes sense Smile

The pbp or European variant c3p0 is a hong kong 2 line coo in a richer gold colour

Your Tie pilots (hong kong and china) are straight foward to find. There are 2 slightly different hong kong coo's
(smaller and larger text). There is also a hong kong coo with partial coo on his front legs. This is fairly easy to
get though. I guess your no coo has a fairly smooth coo? PBP and Ledy have the coo noticeably scraped away.

There are a couple of different no coo death sqaud commanders - the most common being the trilogo variant
which usually has no rank bars and a 2 line coo with scar and date further down Smile
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:35 pm

Yeh i know what you mean Lee about the knowledge, im enjoying doing this myself, good to go through them and notice these differences and locate where theyre from etc, sure is a lot more to it than i thought, ill get through this bag of 300 soon Smile

I defo dont have a PBP C3P0 then, another to locate Smile

The Tie Pilot, the scar is very smooth on the rear, however he also has some coo info removed on the front of his leg too so his right leg has 2 COO removed from the front and rear.

I dont think the DSC is a Tri, he has his rank bars, the COO is one line and barely readable like it has been filed off in the mould perhaps, his face is a little paler and also looks just a little bit wider than the others, maybe a Palitoy? Smile
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Lee_m wrote:

The no coo r2 senserscope is very common. The list we made relates to the no coo solid top 1st issue which
is tricky to get.

Not completly true...there is another no coo thats nearly impossible to find...Rob has one and me...I believe could be PBP version...

Rob has a Ledy (solid dome) with the same coo....so the pbp r2 sensorscope seems to be more and more a right guess!

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:08 pm

Lee_m wrote:
The Admiral wrote:
©️ G.M.F.G.I. 1977
HONG KONG
©️ G.M.F.G.I.
HONG KONG

There are around 7-10 variations on the 2 and 3 line hong kong coo all
with various light/dark gold permutations (again discolouration possibly/possibly not)
You can find all these fairly easily eventually through ebay searches.

The others in order of rareness i would say are the Ledy that shows up fairly often, Glasslite and Takara (Japan coo).

The rarest and hardest to find i would say is the PBP (though probably not as expensive as the Takara)
damn tricky to find and another that eludes me thus far...

I think that's all of them.

lee....your da man...totally right!! Wink

Wolff
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:13 pm

pbp 3po:

2 different known: duller and very shine...has screw in back like ledy....

Ledy appears also with 3.line coo....so its possible the pbp doeas also!!

Tie Fighter Pilot:

Top rarerest figure (nearly rarest of all chgaracters):

Pbp Tie fighter with ATAT driver emblems: three exempalrs known!!!! (i have one.....wuhaahahahah)

next rarest are PBP and Meccano Tie fighter pilot with big emblems.....damn cool figs.

All three have SCAR!

then Ledy!....also scar!

All other are very common

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Lee_m
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Lee_m

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:23 pm

Thanks for adding the info Wolff.

The rarer no coo r2 sensorscope you mention is the one with the bigger gap between the date
i assume?
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:28 pm

Lee_m wrote:

The rarer no coo r2 sensorscope you mention is the one with the bigger gap between the date
i assume?

yes...plus position to the legy is completely differnet Wink

rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 Watermark

wolff
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:38 pm

Slightly off topic....

Can someone explain this "White Hat" Teebo variant I've been hearing about lately???

I think I have one, b/c when I compare it to a regular Teebo hat, its waaaaaayy lighter in color. I wouldn't say its "White" but it sure isn't tan or brown!!!!
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:39 pm

I think they just mean a paler colour than originally intended, not exactly white in colour tho
Back to top Go down
coachk28
Force Addict
Force Addict
coachk28

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

The Admiral wrote:
I think they just mean a paler colour than originally intended, not exactly white in colour tho

I would agree... it's not white... but much much paler in color!!!

Is this a variant to cry home about???
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:42 pm

wbobafett wrote:
Lee_m wrote:

i assume?

yes...plus position to the legy is completely differnet Wink

rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 Watermark

wolff

Ahhh the 2 sensorscopes i have are number 3

Last edited by The Admiral on Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Admiral
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
The Admiral

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Well its the variant they speak of James by the sound of it, ive seen a photo of one recently somewhere but cant remember where
Back to top Go down
jimmymindtricks
Force Addict
Force Addict
jimmymindtricks

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 7:33 pm

if you heard so much about , havent you read the topics then , they explain it all actually

plus if you do your homework , you will find a topic that has pic's aswell so you can compare them to yours
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rarety of figure and there coo variation   rarety of figure and there coo variation - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rarety of figure and there coo variation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next