The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? Empty
PostSubject: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:06 pm

I was watching these 2 auctions and was astonished at the end price. affraid I was thinking they may go for between $50 - $100 dollars.

I don't know much about MOC's. So maybe someone could enlighten me as too why they went for so much. Is it the ROTJ stickers over top of the ESB logo??? I just saw a US MOC version of the AT-AT Commander go for $50.
Or was it just a fight over who wanted them the most for their collections? :scratch:
Or is it just me being too cheap. lol!

Any thoughts??????????

Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? Pictur24

Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? Pictur25
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 pm

there pretty cool jawdrop
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 2:47 pm

They're called "Transition Cards". They were the final stock of 41,45,47 backs. They were slapped with logo label, free offer front and back labels.

Those prices are good for both. Normally they're $400-$600 for normal figures, premiums for higher name figures.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 3:58 pm

They are certainly too beauties Cool
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 4:14 pm

John, Thanks for the info.

Guess I'm not ready to deal in MOC. Definitely out of my price range then.

I answered my own question. I'm just a cheap bastard. lol! lol! I'll stick with loose figures for now, unless the MOC is a great bargain. Laughing Or if some wants to share some of their MOC's. Cool Cool
Thanks

Clint
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 5:17 pm

I like these cards. The stickers are a little off, some tilted, some covering up other offers. It's a neat little slice of those times between movies when dead stock had to be moved out.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 6:37 pm

http://web.ncf.ca/cn333/jedifigs.htm
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 7:34 pm

Thanks AJ for the link. That explains why I have just the Admiral Ackbar mail away sticker taped to an old shoe box that I stored stuff in as a kid. I'm not sure which card of mine it came off of. The things I wished I new back then. :I am stupid:

Last edited by Commander Clint on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JesseVader08
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
JesseVader08

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 12:55 am

Wow, I completely missed those auctions! I love Transition cards, the Canadian uniqueness is pretty sweet. Though keep in mind, the Transition versions will always sell for more than their regular ESB counterparts, so you can certainly spend less to get Canadian cards without totally breaking the bank. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://galacticheroes.wordpress.com
calevans83
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 pm

I think the production numbers for Canadian figures were about 10% of their US counterparts. Beyond the premiums for transitions, vaccuformed esb cards, and the mega expensive SW/GDE figures, you might see little difference between prices on true ROTJ pieces.

I collect 20 backs exclusively and where I might pay $250 for a C9 LXW, I'd probably expect to pay $750+ for a Canadian piece of similar quality.

Cal
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:25 pm

calevans83 wrote:
I think the production numbers for Canadian figures were about 10% of their US counterparts. Beyond the premiums for transitions, vaccuformed esb cards, and the mega expensive SW/GDE figures, you might see little difference between prices on true ROTJ pieces.

I collect 20 backs exclusively and where I might pay $250 for a C9 LXW, I'd probably expect to pay $750+ for a Canadian piece of similar quality.

Cal

First off, glad to see you here Cal!

Premium characters are absolutely going to command the premium. I've seen two Boba Fetts and I think they were $2k and $3k respectively.

Here are the three I have

Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? 8415064660_7f7a4f86b0_t Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? 8415062212_4fd80d5f18_t88Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? 8415073540_0d784fd346_t Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? 8413974559_ee73d6285d_t88Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? 8407953817_982a45283d_t Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? 8407952609_da4cb6c2ae_t8
Back to top Go down
calevans83
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:34 pm

Thanks DB, I need to get over this way more often-those esb "trannies" you have are impressive!
Back to top Go down
Mike_Z
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Mike_Z

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:41 pm

Those cards are great John. I missed out on the card you see below for $100 last year. Neutral

Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? Lando

Still on the hunt for a nice carded example because I think they're so damn cool.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:44 pm

Who doesn't love a tranny!!! :-)

Mike , that's gotta hurt. What a steal that would've been.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???   Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about MOC Canadian Carded figures???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1