The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions about eBay and two figures

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tommm70
New User
New User

Questions about eBay and two figures Empty
PostSubject: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Yesterday I had a Bespin Leia up and an ebayer with a feedback of 1 bid 44.00 and won the auction. Another figure sold a short time later, a different name, also a feedback rating of 1.
I know everyone has to start somewhere, but it seems odd. Neither name has responded to a message I sent them.

Is this figure rare enough to get a 44.09 bid? Here is link yo both ended auctions:
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301762676133&globalID=EBAY-US

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=301762717497&globalID=EBAY-US

I am selling my collection and sometimes don't realize what I even have. I'm learning about variants and realize there is a lot to know
Back to top Go down
Nico
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Tommm70, I take it neither has paid yet ?

Cheers Andy Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:27 pm

I can see the 10 for the rebel soldier since he has a weapon. He is rough, but even the weapons run 6-8 or so and to get a figure thrown in for a few extra is reasonable. The leia is odd. I don't see anything that would make me want to pay that much for her. I don't see anything to indicate she is some rare variant or poch or ledy or whatever so not sure why that one.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:32 pm

eBay prices have been a little crazy lately. I watch a ton of auctions end every day just to keep current and something like this isn't uncommon from what I've seen.
Back to top Go down
tommm70
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Nico wrote:
Tommm70, I take it neither has paid yet ?

Cheers Andy Stormie Smiley

Correct, no payment yet.

Just think it's weird I get 2 bids with 1 feedback within a few hours.One use registered since 2011.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2015 6:24 pm

I would be wary about discussing recently ended auctions. Normally I would not 'allow' it but since it's your auction I'll let it slide. (even thou we do not promote our own auctions Wink )

Anyway if general opinion is that the winning bidder 'overpaid' & they see this- they may not pay at all tongue

I would wait till your 'customers' are happy before talking about it. But since you asked I do not see 'value' in that Leia Bespin but as Matt mentions prices are at an all time high IMO
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:33 pm

I was wondering if it was just me or if prices have gotten out of control since the beginning of this year? I think I may have to go on hiatus from purchases for a while until things correct. I am so glad I bought most of the missing pieces for my collection back around Jan-March. It seems since July, things have over heated. I can't even believe what some things go for.

Crazy example. Just for the heck of it, I punched in $100 for a Dulok Scout. SOMEONE OUT BID ME! Crazy. Later I got one for $40 a couple of weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
beachboy19
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
beachboy19

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:35 pm

In line with my last post, is there a price guide anywhere for vintage Star wars figures? I guess it doesn't matter if people are willing to pay anything these days but still, a reference point would be nice.
Back to top Go down
darthmatt22
Developer
Developer
darthmatt22

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2015 3:51 pm

Personally, after checking the eBay seller's feedback and the way his description is worded and pictures are taken, I put in the max bid of what I know the figure is worth and never go beyond that.

My watch list has been crazy long, not necessarily for purchasing, but just so I can see the auctions end and accumulate a mental note of the range of prices so that I don't overpay in the future.

I also pay attention to small convention and show prices and comic book store prices of the figures to keep up to date, where I often find myself questioning the owner as to why a specific figure is a specific price (to see what his reaction will be). You cannot really do the same for the bigger cons (NYCC, Philly, SDCC, C2E2) since the majority of the vendors there bump up their prices +50%.

Side note: the last 17 prices on eBay are chaotic.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions about eBay and two figures   Questions about eBay and two figures I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions about eBay and two figures

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1