The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Orange Millenium Falcon

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Section 8
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Section 8

Orange Millenium Falcon Empty
PostSubject: Orange Millenium Falcon   Orange Millenium Falcon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 am

I recently bought a joblot of ships with parts missing, and when they arrived i noticed that the Millenium Falcon is covered with an orange pattern. Is this a variation, or something that has happened in storage. If a variation, is it rare, as i will need a top cover with the same markings to complete it.

Any help will be appreciated.

Section 8
Back to top Go down
http://www.familytreeman.co.uk
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Orange Millenium Falcon   Orange Millenium Falcon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:42 am

Most likely something happened to it. I doubt variation. However, I'd say pics will tell the tale.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Orange Millenium Falcon   Orange Millenium Falcon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:45 am

Hi there as John says Pics would help but unlikely to be a variant Smile
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Orange Millenium Falcon   Orange Millenium Falcon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:59 am

I've seen a few falcons with yellow & orange lines of discolouration in the plastic on the outside of the ship. When taken apart, these lines have often corresponded with the position of internal walls & other molded structures.

I've also seen this sort of discolouration on the Rebel Transport, B-Wing & Y-wing fighters (similar type & colour of plastic).
Back to top Go down
sam.hotegg
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Orange Millenium Falcon   Orange Millenium Falcon I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:31 am

I've just joined to forum so firstly, hello everyone! Smile

My childhood millennium falcon has some orange discoloration to the outside of the ship. Not sure if it's the same as you're talking about but this is something that has happened over time in storage. It has thin orange lines which as Cantina_Patron points out, is probably the internal plastic sections of the toy.

Unfortunately I think this is a consequence of many years of storage, especially if things like this are kept in lofts where the temperature changes are often dramatic with the seasons.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Orange Millenium Falcon   Orange Millenium Falcon I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 10:49 am

welcome to TIG.
Feel free to tell us a bit about yourself here http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3123-who-s-who-introduce-yourself-here Very Happy

I agree that the yellow / orange lines are most likely to be caused by heat, as the ships I have seen with that type of discolouration have all been stored in lofts for years.

Hopefully Section 8 will post a pic of his, so that we can see whether it looks the same.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange Millenium Falcon   Orange Millenium Falcon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Orange Millenium Falcon

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1