The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions Empty
PostSubject: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:06 am

I bought a fairly expensive MOC and it arrived today. I opened it up and got quite a surprise. The card has veining and such and the picture on Ebay didn't make it look that bad at all.

Here is the Ebay pic:

Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions $T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tlWWBQi9fv0Iig~~60_57

Here is the top of the card:

Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions Imag1215

If you see the tear there is no vein in the Ebay pic, obvious vein in real life. It also looks like the vein on the right of the tab was darkened in the pic too. Now granted this could be camera angle issues, lighting issues, etc. so before I pass judgement I really want opinions and such. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I also didn't want to leave bad feedback if it was a camera issue. The description simply read:

Ebayer wrote:
This one is not a reseal and there are no blackmarker touch-ups
The card is in nice condition but with some wear around the punchhole.

So am I being too critical?

Last edited by DarthBerizing on Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
shoenix
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
shoenix

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:27 am

I think it's a question of angle and lighting. If I look close I can see the same on the eBay pic as on your close-up.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:28 am

Looks like it was on the eBay pics mate. Just the camera flash washed out some of the crease marks by the looks of it. You can see most of them on the eBay pic if you really look hard enough.

macro setting shows up the slightest of marks also. So a pic from that distance as compared to being the same distance as the eBay shot maybe a little biased lol!
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:34 am

You know Josh, I didn't purposely do a close up LOL but I see your point. When I get back in front of it I'm going to try a regular shot. I'm not upset at all because I really like it but wanted a sanity check.
Back to top Go down
billcable
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:52 am

Rest assured you are completely irrational.

I don't see anything in the eBay photo that indicates tampering or misrepresentation. It's just a smaller image with a favorable exposure.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 10:57 am

billcable wrote:
Rest assured you are completely irrational.

A well placed "LOL" after that comment would have made me feel a little better Smile

Again, and maybe this should've been my opening remark, I've left 5 star feedback for the seller. Just looking for opinions on photo vs. reality.
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:27 am

They both look identical to me, looking closely you can see the veins match.

The seller did however take the photo from a distance therefore the lighting has cleverly disguised the veining. Weather or not this was done initially we'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 11:33 am

Imperfection is beauty.

John, don't let a few veins distract you from the perfect beauty of this MOC, all I see is a white princess on an iconic Clipper card.

BTW: That quote came from another beauty, and sorry for the off topic comment. Cool

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:36 pm

I know how you can feel better. Send it to me and I'll burn it. Fire gets all veins out of cardbacks.
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 12:56 pm

cue spiritual far-off voice:

"John, search your peelings"

but seriously, when I was photographing some boxed stuff for the POTB thread, the close ups/macros really made the condition look terrible, when in fact they were ok really.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Yeah that fucken Macro setting can turn a C9 into a C7, in the blink of an eye. lol!
Back to top Go down
Michael Ritter
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Michael Ritter

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 pm

Nice pick up John! Honestly looking at the pic from ebay quickly it didn't look that bad. But once I compared it to your second pic I saw the veining in the first pic immediately. It's one of those things where once you know what to look for it jumps out at you. I don't think there was any intentional misdirection on the sellers part, just poor photography.

Once again, congrats on a great piece!

Mike
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:26 am

I think you should be pleased with The purchase, im not a clipper expert but i think that moc is a rare piece Very Happy
Back to top Go down
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:34 am

The ebay picture looks comparitive to me. It's still a great example.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions   Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ebay picture to Real Picture - Need some eyes and opinions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1