The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My bunch of questions thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:29 pm

This guy opened 100+ U graded cases. Can't find the pic
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1051584/
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 am

Are these hard to open up?

again just curious to see if anyone got a AFA graded toy and loved the toy so much that he or she decided to crack open the sarcophagus to get to the toy.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:20 am

[QUOTE=HWR;18382445]As some of you might remember, I bought a lot of Lili-ledy figures from Mr. Ledy last year. after my last purchase, I was down to olny missing one LL figure (Leia Boussh).

Because of the hard times I had in the last months last year, with my dads cancer returning and him going to the hospital two times after getting sick of the chemo theraphy (he's doing better now), Joshua_A decided to track down the last LL figure I was missing, so I could have it before New Year. It arrived in the christmas holiday, so that was perfect timing. Thanks again for this expremely nice gesture, Joshua.

Only "problem" was, it was AFA graded, and knowing my oppinion on AFA, Joshua said I could get the honor of setting it free. A while back he pm'ed me to ask if I had freed it, and I replied not yet. He then replied, that it was time to set it free, so it could join the other Mexicans.

Sure, I could have sold it here and bought an ungraded example and made some easy money, but that would have been a completely unethical and respecless thing to do. Those who know me, knows that I would never do a thing like that.

So here is what happened earlier today.

[/QUOTE]

My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Ll5k
My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Ll4
My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Ll2u
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:33 am

Geez i did not think they were that hard to get opened. I get the point of that Kind of protective case for Maybe a Luke DT or Blue Snag but Having third tier figures encased in a case that could withstand an assault from the avengers is a bit of overkill for me.

If i am to buy a Luke DT or blue Snag at least i want to be able to touch it before i store them away until i get a proper display built....
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:35 am

aussiejames wrote:
[QUOTE=HWR;18382445]As some of you might remember, I bought a lot of Lili-ledy figures from Mr. Ledy last year. after my last purchase, I was down to olny missing one LL figure (Leia Boussh).

Because of the hard times I had in the last months last year, with my dads cancer returning and him going to the hospital two times after getting sick of the chemo theraphy (he's doing better now), Joshua_A decided to track down the last LL figure I was missing, so I could have it before New Year. It arrived in the christmas holiday, so that was perfect timing. Thanks again for this expremely nice gesture, Joshua.

Only "problem" was, it was AFA graded, and knowing my oppinion on AFA, Joshua said I could get the honor of setting it free. A while back he pm'ed me to ask if I had freed it, and I replied not yet. He then replied, that it was time to set it free, so it could join the other Mexicans.

Sure, I could have sold it here and bought an ungraded example and made some easy money, but that would have been a completely unethical and respecless thing to do. Those who know me, knows that I would never do a thing like that.

So here is what happened earlier today.

My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Ll5k
My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Ll4
My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Ll2u[/quote]

Kinda Funny that you Un-cased Boush when she is the one that is usually doing the Un-casing of Han.

rofl
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 5:51 am

aussiejames wrote:
found it:
My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Freedom_-_7
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1050486/
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 17, 2012 7:33 am

Set them free cheers
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Dec 18 -12

As you can see in the recent purchase ( acquisition ) thread i have gotten a pop up R2-D2 but while i was told the saber was legit i have a little doubt about it.

It has the round mold artifact on the handle-grip and all but the material seems pretty dry and like i said in the purchase thread i thought that the saber was sort of flexible. I have look at the saber guide and frankly there is not much info other than the pics.

Is there something "special" i should be looking for on the saber to see if it is the real deal or not? I would just be very upset to find out that it is not the real deal after all...

thanks
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 pm

aussiejames wrote:
aussiejames wrote:
found it:
My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 Freedom_-_7
http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1050486/

Kinda nuts to do that if you ask me. You probably paid premium for all of these. It was sacrilege to get this U graded in the first place to begin with. Now someone opens them...weird!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 pm

Bud- read the link!!!
The saber looks fine to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My bunch of questions thread   My bunch of questions thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My bunch of questions thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2