The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Should we have a TIG-CON?
Yes and I'd be a seller
Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_vote_lcap35%Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_vote_rcap
 35% [ 9 ]
Yes and I'd be a visitor
Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_vote_lcap65%Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_vote_rcap
 65% [ 17 ]
No
Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_vote_lcap0%Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 26

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! Empty
PostSubject: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 am

We've gotten a few requests to run a virtual con here. I didn't see the RS one being a rousing success but honestly it was fun.

So should we? I'm thinking October 24th-26th

Vote below and comment too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:59 am

Sure, why not. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:31 am

I think it would definately be worth giving it a try. Who knows, if it is successful, it could become a regular thing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
A_new_hope
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
A_new_hope

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 am

Not sure how it works but it could be fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 2:20 pm

Absolutely I rerally enjoyed it on RS! Great Idea Cool
Back to top Go down
Sandcrawler72
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner
Sandcrawler72

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm

Sure... let's do it. The RS one was fun even though the turn out was not great
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:42 am

I voted yes, as i liked the RS one. Don't know yet if i would be a Seller or just a Visitor.
Back to top Go down
Yzerman
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Yzerman

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 2:56 am

I haven't seen the RS one, but it sounds like a fun thing. It's definately worth a try.
Back to top Go down
orangpendek
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 4:23 am

Great idea,i didn't buy anything last time on Rs but i really enjoyed browsing all the virtual tables and finding new stuff i didn't know i wanted before.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:31 am

I'm in. But only if there's a way to ogle Slave Leias.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 9:53 am

sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:17 am

I love the idea and helped coordinate/host the first RS VTC.

That said, it is a little disappointing to see that the crowd needs to be split on doing one, especially when DB/John didn't even make an attempt to participate the first go-around on RS, and now wants to try it on here.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to be the reason for the split, but doing it this way seems a bit silly and petty, especially when you try to knock down the first attempt at RS (when in reality it was pretty fun for those who did make an effort to sell and/or participate) to help boost interest and participation here.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:23 am

finestcomics wrote:

That said, it is a little disappointing to see that the crowd needs to be split on doing one, especially when DB/John didn't even make an attempt to participate the first go-around on RS, and now wants to try it on here.

Anyway, I wouldn't want to be the reason for the split, but doing it this way seems a bit silly and petty, especially when you try to knock down the first attempt at RS to help boost interest and participation here.

Joe - Would you check the actual Con on RS, see my table, and then come back and comment correctly ? I did take part in it, sold some stuff also. Almost bought a 12bk Palitoy Vader to boot. So please get your facts straight. I'd really appreciate you having facts before commenting.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077931/

BTW - There isn't a single no in this poll. It's just a split between seller table and visitor.
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:37 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
finestcomics wrote:

Anyway, I wouldn't want to be the reason for the split, but doing it this way seems a bit silly and petty, especially when you try to knock down the first attempt at RS to help boost interest and participation here.

Joe - Would you check the actual Con on RS, see my table, and then come back and comment correctly ? I did take part in it, sold some stuff also. Almost bought a 12bk Palitoy Vader to boot. So please get your facts straight. I'd really appreciate you having facts before commenting.

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077931/

BTW - There isn't a single no in this poll. It's just a split between seller table and visitor.

My apologies - I'm not even sure how I missed the your booth especially when it was posted just before mine Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! Foreheadslap

And while my comment was a bit knee-jerk, I just felt it wasn't fair to bring down the first VTC on RS to boost interest here, especially when there is an RS thread to discuss the VTC and to carry forward discussion on suggested dates, improvements to the VTC, etc.

I think your interpretation of the first VTC event being unsuccessful isn't an accurate one, nor have you made any effort to bring up what could be improved upon in the thread devoted to making it better, except to reinterpret the idea here.

Anyhow, I won't vote no because I like being on both sides of events like this (i.e. buyer and seller). I'm torn I guess because this is a great community as well, and I just think bringing everyone together under one event would be better in the long run.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:46 am

Joe

I wrote that "I didn't see it being a rousing success". Since I only sold 2 things , that would be my impression. I wasn't poo pooing the whole thing, I even said it was fun.

You're taking my comment out of context since you thought I was just an outside observer. Re-read my post (Remembering I was a seller) and you'll understand my thoughts correctly.

As far as there only being a single Virtu-Con across all forums, that's never going to happen. There are people who won't visit RS, TIG, SWFUK, etc.. for one reason or another.

I'm happy you aren't voting no, but obviously I'd prefer it because you genuinely want to be involved.
Back to top Go down
finestcomics
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 11:06 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Joe

I wrote that "I didn't see it being a rousing success". Since I only sold 2 things , that would be my impression. I wasn't poo pooing the whole thing, I even said it was fun.

You're taking my comment out of context since you thought I was just an outside observer. Re-read my post (Remembering I was a seller) and you'll understand my thoughts correctly.

As far as there only being a single Virtu-Con across all forums, that's never going to happen. There are people who won't visit RS, TIG, SWFUK, etc.. for one reason or another.

I'm happy you aren't voting no, but obviously I'd prefer it because you genuinely want to be involved.

Fair enough John. And just so there isn't any misunderstandings, I think you're really only demonstrating your passion for the hobby by continuing on TIG's success.

About a month ago, I was unexpectedly banned from RS with no explanation or reason. You know, the first thing I thought about was the great people I'd met and losing out on being involved with future VTC's.

Eventually, I found out the banning was a glitch and Mike_M helped reinstate the account. Bottom line, I don't like the politics especially when it divides people, but it just seems unavoidable, so I'm not entirely adverse to the idea of cross-pollinating a VTC if its primary purpose is to connect people with toys and for a fun time to be had by all who get involved.
Back to top Go down
DarthTad
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
DarthTad

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2012 2:20 am

So now no other forums (like TIG) are allowed to offer similar community events if RS has done something already? Who gives a shit if RS already tried something similar. Not every member of TIG is on RS and vice versa. I'm so sick of folks thinking that RS is the end-all, be-all Star Wars forum. You know what would happen if RS went offline tomorrow? Everyone on there would just settle into whatever other forum they feel comfortable with.

This hobby is bigger than RS. After reading the last few posts, I would now enthusiastically support a Virtual TigCon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!   Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you want to see a Virtual Con? TIGCON 2012? Vote and comment!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1