The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Thargoil
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
Thargoil

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:02 pm

Nice pickups again.. Liking the Yoda and Ewok MOC i do!

chris.75 wrote:
Thargoil i hope you are able to come to an amicable agreement with the guy that sold you that R2 with repro saber. Oh and very nice fish tank setup you got going there.

thx for the tank compliment Smile
No matter the value now, it's just that I've specifically asked if it was original and i hate dishonesty, but who doesn't.
I'll probably let it go, I'm totally not in the mood for e-bay discussions and i didn't pay that much.

Now i just need a loose droid factory R2 and i can start 'upgrade hunting'.
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:21 pm

Quote :
I'll probably let it go, I'm totally not in the mood for e-bay discussions and i didn't pay that much.

I used to be like that, mainly because I'm lazy, but know I think, no I paid for that and it's not what I paid for so I want my money back bitch!

Fight it chief, even if it's for a few quid, your in the right here, and that saber definately looks fake. If you email the guy, sometime's people are real nice and cooperative, you never know. Plus if they do turn out to be a jerk, that just inspires you to go further. Also, if it does go to a case (assuming it through ebay) just make sure you repeatidly point out to ebay that it was 'fraudulant' and what not, they don't like fake shit and will probably swing in your favour.

I got sold a Fett with a buffed off COO and it ended in a case, never got a refund of the seller, but ebay refunded me the full price Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 4:18 am

Congrats on the Blue Star MOC, John! What a gem! cheers
Also hoping AFA will compensate you for the mistake they made.

TG: Sorry to hear about the repro saber. I agree with the General, just confront the seller and see how he reacts. If he is honest, he will give you a refund.

Mike: I always like the little treasures you find in the open wild. Great ESB Yoda MOC! cheers

Chris: Lovely European Chewie! Looking forward seeing the Palitoy Vader! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:43 pm

Always fun to see your Amazing pickups guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 IMG_2786_zps41dc24ff

More info in my review thread!

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
vin3po
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
vin3po

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 2:57 pm

Hey

Nice pick ups everyone.

A New unusual proof card for my focus. ESB C-3po Switcheroo proof with Some wording differences on the front and back compared to the released version.

It must be around half the thickness of Moc's so it is quite fragile compared to my other Proof cards. Now I know why its so hard to pick up a nice mint released one without damage.

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 013_zps0e1d9c63

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 012_zps64716a76

Thanks

Vince
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:09 pm

Nice items guys.

Last edited by walkie on Mon May 06, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 3:29 pm

Great boxed TIE Fighter (Budspencer) and Switcheroo proof (Vince). Very Happy
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 6:09 am

My latest purchase Mad

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 Sany1310

Yes that's right it's just a blank piece of card! It should have a LL Blonde Bespin Luke sat on top of it, but thanks to Royal Mails incompetance he is now 'lost'

Thanks for that Royal Mail! whack
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:54 am

General Kahn wrote:
Yes that's right it's just a blank piece of card! It should have a LL Blonde Bespin Luke sat on top of it, but thanks to Royal Mails incompetance he is now 'lost'

Thanks for that Royal Mail! whack

Royal Mail have just stitched me!, I've been waiting for a parcel from Brazil (I even have the tracking no/postage slip), it took nearly 2 months to get to the UK according to the lack of shipping updates, then finally in the UK royal mail sent it back to the sender so it's now back in Brazil !!!!!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:34 am

Quote :
Royal Mail have just stitched me!, I've been waiting for a parcel from Brazil (I even have the tracking no/postage slip), it took nearly 2 months to get to the UK according to the lack of shipping updates, then finally in the UK royal mail sent it back to the sender so it's now back in Brazil !!!!!

Gutted! I'm fuming, wouldn't be to fussed if it was a Madine or something, but a Ledy! Wounded!
Back to top Go down
Dark Sith Lord
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dark Sith Lord

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 8:46 am

Mike_Z wrote:
No shortage of good stuff posted by everyone in this thread.... Dr Dengar and the LL video, Walkie continuing to acquire really nice loose variants and John posting the Uzay Blue Stars... Shocked

I think that R2 saber is a repro, I would certainly take action. I agree with John on value.

Found these three guys at a garage sale this morning, yes a garage sale... Couldn't leave these sitting in the wild and for the price it was a no brainer. Not even two minutes after we agreed on a price, another two arrived and immediately hawked what I was holding in my hands. Needless to say, it was me walking back to my car with a shopping bag and Saturday morning smile thanks to a matter of minutes. Cool

These are MOC numbers 30, 31 and 32 in my collection that have been locally rescued from the wild, 2 years actively searching.

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 Photo9je

Great Find there Mike :clap:

What back is the Yoda?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 2:42 pm

General, sorry to hear that Royal mail screwed up your Ledy treasure. Sad
I admire, that despite your anger and frustration, you still haven't lost your sense of humor, by presenting us an empty blue picture. + earned for keeping your British humor under these harsh conditions! Very Happy

BTW: Sofar I have only lost two packages. But both were sent by Royal Mail (w/o track and trace, I admit).
One was a Luke Bespin in China baggie. Hmmm, I see a pattern....
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 3:33 pm

Quote :
Sofar I have only lost two packages. But both were sent by Royal Mail (w/o track and trace, I admit).
One was a Luke Bespin in China baggie. Hmmm, I see a pattern....

Somewhere there must be a place full of lost Bespin Luke's like that planet of lost left socks in Ren & Stimpy Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 9:53 pm

My newest addition... More info here : )
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t4138-some-of-my-collection-concentration-on-first-20-prototypes

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 Luke_x12
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Congrats obtaining such a grail piece, Steve! :clap:

He fits perfectly in your ever growing preproduction collection!

Back to top Go down
BruceW
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 2:54 am

I finally picked up a Canadian 20 back Princess Leia Organa for my Leia focus! Very Happy

Front:
Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 20Can

Back:
Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 20Can_back

Love the French SW logo on the card back!

Cheers!
Bruce
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 5:54 am

What a Canadian beauty!

Congrats, Bruce! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 1:57 pm

sweet leia Bruce
do you know if patrik wardmark still have his leia focus?
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 12:12 pm

I have a bunch of new things I wanted to post up, but I need to get the pictures taken and/or organized.

But, these lil' fellas appeared on my doorstep this morning, courtesy of Joseph_Y, so I had to post up!
My first bootlegs!
Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 Bootlegs_1

When TIGgy eventually visits my home some time next year, he can hang out and hit the town with his cousin! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Congrats picking up your first bootlegs.

When Tiggy visits your place in the future, he will be happy to spend some time with his brother. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BruceW
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:22 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
sweet leia Bruce

Patrik has not posted on the forums in a few years, so I'm not sure if he still has his collection.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 2:02 am

BruceW wrote:
yeah-sus wrote:
sweet leia Bruce

Patrik has not posted on the forums in a few years, so I'm not sure if he still has his collection.

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

Exactly, he was a big poster on our swedish forum but i havent seen him post for three years.
I asked u because he should contact u if he decide to move along
Back to top Go down
vin3po
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
vin3po

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:13 pm

Hey

Nice pick ups everyone.

A New unusual proof card for my focus. ESB C-3po Switcheroo proof with Some wording differences on the front and back compared to the released version.

It must be around half the thickness of Moc's so it is quite fragile compared to my other Proof cards. Now I know why its so hard to pick up a nice mint released one without damage.

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 013_zps0e1d9c63

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 012_zps64716a76

Sigma Prototype Mug - Unpaited eye's and mouth.

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 010_zps1c63aef2

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 011-2_zps3817f782

Another ESB A Baggie - Text at front i already own a nice one with Text at the back of the baggie

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 006_zps19fb76d5

Modern 1st shot.

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 004_zpsafcc7aec

And I thought the modern Cookie Jar would go Great with My others

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 003_zpsdae8cb7f

Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 002_zps49127954

Thanks

Vince

Last edited by vin3po on Mon May 13, 2013 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 6:15 pm

That mug ROCKS!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8   Your latest vintage purchases.  Volume 8 - Page 38 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your latest vintage purchases. Volume 8

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next