The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? Empty
PostSubject: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:50 am

What are your thoughts people?
Personally I think it's kind of cool. I suppose if the people who own the originals are happy with them being mass produced etc then who am I to stop them? It does give us all a chance to own some great pieces.
But then I do see the side that says the originals lose some mystique in a way, when they are brought back from the dead like this. But do those same people have a problem with the Rocket Fett's that came out?

Mattias and Alex on RS have brought it up in regards to the new ALIEN Proto's that are coming out...I would like to hear what others think.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:11 am

Would you rather not see a whole new release of Dark Crystal stuff? If they are different enough ie. Rocket fett I don't mind them.
Better a tribute to the past , not direct copies.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:17 am

As long as they are exactly the same I wouldn't mind I suppose. :scratch: I rather they'd bring some more modern pieces out for The Dark Crystal myself. Bout bloody time someone did something decent.
I don't get how a Rocket Fett can be okay though. How does that work. It's a something that was never made and now they have made them. What's the difference?
Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 3:47 pm

Personally I would have to agree with aussiejames on this. I like the idea of tributes more than copies. I guess my feeling is that although actual copies can be awesome looking it takes away from the unproduced pieces that might be out there. This is why I like parts of Hasbro's vintage collection.
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:15 pm

The production of some other unproduced Star Wars figure would be great but as long as they stuck to original style of figure. Yes, the Vintage line is well done but they don't "feel" like I want them to. Figures now days are so articulated and do so much theres no imagination needed, its like buying talent. Lucus has flooded the the market with several versions of the same figure either retooled or a different packaging for years. I'm surprised Howard the Duck isn't in there somewhere.
'
As for other toy lines. I'd love to see a new line of figures for Dune, Dark Crystal, Black Hole, may The labyrinth and Legend(1985). These are just personal wants...

I'm ecstatic that the original Alien toy line is going to be released. I hope they stick with that thought and continue on.

Back to top Go down
MasterTyvokka
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
MasterTyvokka

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 5:25 pm

Boomstick66 wrote:
The production of some other unproduced Star Wars figure would be great but as long as they stuck to original style of figure. Yes, the Vintage line is well done but they don't "feel" like I want them to. Figures now days are so articulated and do so much theres no imagination needed, its like buying talent. Lucus has flooded the the market with several versions of the same figure either retooled or a different packaging for years. I'm surprised Howard the Duck isn't in there somewhere.
'
As for other toy lines. I'd love to see a new line of figures for Dune, Dark Crystal, Black Hole, may The labyrinth and Legend(1985). These are just personal wants...

I'm ecstatic that the original Alien toy line is going to be released. I hope they stick with that thought and continue on.

I agree with what you say on hasbro flooding the market with so many versions of the same figure. Also keep in mind for them its about the money and figures with more articulation I think sell better. There is just more play value in them for kids. You can sit them down, pose them, and put them easily into ships and vehicles. And personally I like the articulation...in separates them from the vintage figures.
Back to top Go down
arohk
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight
arohk

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 6:29 pm

I would have no issue with it as long as they are not exactly like the originals
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 7:16 pm

I would have no issue with it as long as they are clearly marked with the current year they are produced in.
But then again, you never know if some douche in that company would steal the mold and pump out unmarked pieces...
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 7:32 pm

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1084040-4/

They are going strong on RS about it. lol!

I wonder how they got these done if they didn't have Tracey's help. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Russquatch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Russquatch

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 pm

I don't see the issue with like the alien figures since they never were sold to the public ... or same thing with like the rocket fett ... or if other unproduced figures from kenner were to be made

but if they've been made ... then remakes are not needed ... you have transformers and 12 inch GI Joe figures that have had almost the same look as the originals

It's one of those things where if it's been at retail ... no need to remake .... if it's never been produced .... no harm.

and when it comes to hard copies and protos ... same rule as always buy from people you know, that knows their stuff and have respect in the hobby.

thats why when my friend had a couple Luke skywalkers that were on the never released POTF farmboy luke card I told him to pull them off ebay and have tom derby confirm what he had ... then sell. He wasn't known in the star wars hobby ... I knew he wouldn't rip people off but others didn't . so get the word of somone who people trusts. ... just look at it as there is no bargain deals on prototype items, and if you're going to buy ... why risk it, just buy from a trusted seller
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 8:45 pm

And just another thing, who wouldn't love the 3 3/4 inch line of V toys??
That would be right up there with vintage star wars!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Boomstick66
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Boomstick66

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:32 pm

I second the "V" toys. If anyone remembers even in the original tv show some kid was playing with a visitor ship and figures. I think the only toys produced was the visitor doll and a few play guns...
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Argentina got a few figures. Bendy ones. + cars etc. All small ones though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?   Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should unproduced toys from the past be brought back from the dead?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1