The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

um do these MOC look off???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 am

Karen - There is no doubt these are fakes. Are you claiming they are not?

Please directly answer me with a Yes or No and why. Sorry but you seem to be dodging the question.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana
New User
New User
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:03 am

Josh wrote:
Can you post some more pics up of them then? What we saw in the vid just looked wrong, that's all.

there one of them

um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 Cardedgold
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:04 am

Okay the Leia is clearly a fake.

Bubble is incorrect and the "Ages 4 and Up" is in the wrong font.

Where did these come from?
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:04 am

Got any of the others from that lot in the vid?
Back to top Go down
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana
New User
New User
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:05 am

DarthBerizing wrote:

Please directly answer me with a Yes or No and why. Sorry but you seem to be dodging the question.

I am not doging anything iv 100s of carded figures from all over the place and proud of them all :Drool:
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:07 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Okay the Leia is clearly a fake.

Bubble is incorrect and the "Ages 4 and Up" is in the wrong font.

Where did these come from?

Punch is off also by the looks of it.
Back to top Go down
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana
New User
New User
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:08 am

Josh wrote:

Yes i will post a lot of my figures tomorrow Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:08 am

Princess Leia Organa wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

I am not doging anything iv 100s of carded figures from all over the place and proud of them all :Drool:

Being proud of them is one thing. Knowing if they are fake or not, is another. We are just trying to help, Kaz.
Back to top Go down
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana
New User
New User
Bye PrincessLeiaOrgana

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:10 am

Josh wrote:
DarthBerizing wrote:

Being proud of them is one thing. Knowing if they are fake or not, is another. We are just trying to help, Kaz.

I know all about fakes , there a guy on ebay selling them agged and all and i know for fact someones buying them thinking there real and being happy about them its a sad affair unsure
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 am

Josh wrote:

Everyone - I just banned Karen. Given the feeling about banning, I'm going to explain why and leave the thread open to discuss. Feel free to speak your minds.

I PM'ed a few times with Karen and there was definitely a defensiveness in the reply when I asked her to verify it was her. She also made it clear she could do as she pleased in regards to her stuff (which is fine). I did explain our commitment to preservation of originals and that reproductions are frowned on (when not disclosed). Again I was met with some push back.

She also deflected the question on these MOC's at least 1/2 a dozen times. When I take this all into consideration I feel that this could be trouble. I don't see any reason to come to a vintage site and participate constructively when your habits are in direct conflict to the community at large.

If I am wrong, or being harsh, please let me know below. There will be NO consequences if you give your opinion so please tell me if you agree/disagree
Back to top Go down
Russquatch
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Russquatch

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:58 am

I'm not going to question your actions DarthBerizing ... if keeping her around would have just kept leading to conflicts then it's best. Sounds like some of you have had run ins' with her before so I can't judge. I've never had problems with her ... but again I never any dealings with her other than friendly back and forth messages
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:01 am

She has had time to disable the ability to embed the video, the description has not changed. She/he claims to know how to spot a fake yet states "there original" when they are clearly fakes. She filters all comments on her videos, her account here has been correctly 'filtered' ie. banned. Her first post here states she doesn't need forums- request granted.
Back to top Go down
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:08 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
tundra9
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
tundra9

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:31 am

Well that was fast! Shocked cheers
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 1:53 am

I missed all this in the very early morning, so had to catch up quickly.

You did the right thing, John.

We gave here a fair chance and she basically screwed up.

I don't understand why she was defending those repro cards so much. Or maybe I do.

Quoting Dr Phill: The Nyle is not only a river in Egypt.
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:14 am

Dr Dengar wrote:
I missed all this in the very early morning, so had to catch up quickly.

You did the right thing, John.

We gave here a fair chance and she basically screwed up.

I don't understand why she was defending those repro cards so much. Or maybe I do.

Quoting Dr Phill: Da Nyle is not just a river in Egypt.

Fixed it for yah. lol!
Back to top Go down
BruceW
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 2:15 am

WOW! What a nutter she turned out to be!
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:21 am

You definately made the right decision John. Although I did'nt get involved, Karens responses to members on SWFUK was very defensive, arrogant & hostile. She was initially greated with suspicion (which did'nt help), but rather than redeem herself, Karens attitude just made the situation worse as people started 'playing' with her.
This board is very welcoming & relaxed compared to others I could name, but I think banning Karen has saved everyone here a lot of grief!
With all the new members signing-up, the last thing we need is another Hutthunter turning them away! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 4:42 am

I think it went fast, I got up started reading and then it just said she was banned. But then again I'm not set into the large picture.
I'm sure some fake cards can be hard to ID as legit. The one I got is very easy though.
Personally if I was unsure I would ask for help even if I thought they where legit. When it comes to that stuff it's always good with second opinions.

But it could be easier to assume they are original rather then checking if they really are. It can be a terrifying thought "what if they turn out not to be" and the consequences are never fun.
If she bought these I think that she should contact Paypal and see what she can do to get her money back, I assume she used Paypal and ebay.
If she did them herself, well then it's another story.
That stormtrooper is probably a repro one as well, from that repro pack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.leksaksdoktorn.se
KJ
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:39 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
Josh wrote:

Everyone - I just banned Karen. Given the feeling about banning, I'm going to explain why and leave the thread open to discuss. Feel free to speak your minds.

I PM'ed a few times with Karen and there was definitely a defensiveness in the reply when I asked her to verify it was her. She also made it clear she could do as she pleased in regards to her stuff (which is fine). I did explain our commitment to preservation of originals and that reproductions are frowned on (when not disclosed). Again I was met with some push back.

She also deflected the question on these MOC's at least 1/2 a dozen times. When I take this all into consideration I feel that this could be trouble. I don't see any reason to come to a vintage site and participate constructively when your habits are in direct conflict to the community at large.

If I am wrong, or being harsh, please let me know below. There will be NO consequences if you give your opinion so please tell me if you agree/disagree

I'm kinda torn.

The odds were stacked against her before she'd even signed up. Now, I don't doubt any of the stories other posters related, but it does make it hard to give someone a neutral start, and also seems difficult for that person to make a good impression.

So from before the word 'go', we were prejudiced against her, and likewise, she was against us. Her motivations could be over what was said about her personal behaviour, or there's the fact that no-one likes to be told their items are fake, especially when you're proud of them.

Would she have ended up getting banned? Probably.

I just think it may have been too unbalanced on either side, to give the other a fair chance and the same neutral start you would give any other new member.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, and I respect the difficult work required for fair moderation.
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 10:57 am

I don't see people getting banned here often, I can't even remember anyone.
I think as I said earlier that it was to fast and I feel not very fair. Though considering the experience on this forum, it will take rather much to get banned and things are worked out sooner then the ban hammer, that hopefully it was the right choice. Though no matter what she could have said could in anyway have caused much harm but then it would have been more deserved. She was invited here after all and it kind of went to fast.

She also took a cool callsign, that can't be used anymore right? Smile
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:12 am

KJ / Rawlin

I went so far as to PM her about any bias and let her know that we wanted to extend a fresh start. Her replies to me privately were very stand offish but I was fine to put it aside since I know she had a bad experience.

This unfolded quickly but just to fill in some gaps, I had banned her earlier in the evening. I Emailed her directly explaining why and she asked me for another chance. I told her I would, but insisted that she address the MOC question everyone was asking about. She then returned to the forum and replied 4 times without answering the question. I couldn't have been more direct in telling her that the avoidance of the question was not an option. She came back, made silly posts, and ignored the request.

I think she is purely here to mess around. We just don't need it. I can't see her contributing anything healthy to the forum and frankly her curt answer (both public and private) reflect on a person who wants to join to just be a rabble rousing member. From telling me she will "do as she pleases" to "not needing to belong to any forum" it shows her intentions.

We have an incredibly short list of banned members. Mix in the current sentiment on banning and you have to know that doing this wasn't an easy choice. I really wanted to see her flourish here. It's a nice compliment to a forum when someone with a bad history joins and puts their best foot forward. This wasn't the case.

Hope this explains my motivation a little better, please continue to give your opinions

Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:13 am

Rawlin wrote:

She also took a cool callsign, that can't be used anymore right? Smile

I changed her name a little so someone can use it, hopefully for the better
Back to top Go down
Rawlin
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Rawlin

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:18 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
KJ / Rawlin

I went so far as to PM her about any bias and let her know that we wanted to extend a fresh start. Her replies to me privately were very stand offish but I was fine to put it aside since I know she had a bad experience.

This unfolded quickly but just to fill in some gaps, I had banned her earlier in the evening. I Emailed her directly explaining why and she asked me for another chance. I told her I would, but insisted that she address the MOC question everyone was asking about. She then returned to the forum and replied 4 times without answering the question. I couldn't have been more direct in telling her that the avoidance of the question was not an option. She came back, made silly posts, and ignored the request.

I think she is purely here to mess around. We just don't need it. I can't see her contributing anything healthy to the forum and frankly her curt answer (both public and private) reflect on a person who wants to join to just be a rabble rousing member. From telling me she will "do as she pleases" to "not needing to belong to any forum" it shows her intentions.

We have an incredibly short list of banned members. Mix in the current sentiment on banning and you have to know that doing this wasn't an easy choice. I really wanted to see her flourish here. It's a nice compliment to a forum when someone with a bad history joins and puts their best foot forward. This wasn't the case.

Hope this explains my motivation a little better, please continue to give your opinions

Thanks, that do clear up a good bit about it. Smile
Back to top Go down
KJ
Imperial Gunner
Imperial Gunner

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 11:20 am

DarthBerizing wrote:
KJ / Rawlin

That definitely changes things.

While remarks made earlier in the thread couldn't be taken back, it sounds like she had a full chance of a fair go from you, with a fair request to provide clarification on something.

She failed to deliver, and well, better things to do then get drawn into someone else's games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: um do these MOC look off???    um do these MOC look off???  - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

um do these MOC look off???

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Imperial Gunnery Forum :: Vintage Star Wars Chat
-