The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Box grading, what to expect?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

Box grading, what to expect? Empty
PostSubject: Box grading, what to expect?   Box grading, what to expect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:10 pm

High guys,

I am looking into getting some tie fighter in a box but the auction is leaving me kinda worried there is a very decent front picture of the box itself and it looks very reasonable but i have been had before with a single pretty picture...usually i am lucky but if i am gonna sink close to 200$ into a toy id like to make sure it is decent. I have sent an email to the seller but no news yet, but it is the weekend so i got to wait a little bit...

the description is ok and the toys look like a good deal, but i am a box guy and i am looking at getting the best box possible at a good price. I know i cant get near mint or misb but i would like you opinions on box grading. You can PM if you want to discuss more....

i have looked at this but wonder if the box section is accurate:

box grading
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

Box grading, what to expect? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Box grading, what to expect?   Box grading, what to expect? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 pm

That page you linked to is accurate for those items they are describing. Each area of collecting has its own set of guidelines pretty much. MIB stuff has a different set of standards compared to MOC stuff. Take puzzles and board games. Both of those would have 2 different C scales to each other. The puzzles would be for the box and puzzle. Games, box, board and game pieces. Get what Im saying?

But all in all, one persons C9 is anothers C7. If you didnt already, ask the seller for pix of every angle of the box so you can judge by yourself. If your still not sure, post the pix up here and we can help you alot better. Without the pix, its very hard to give you a straight answer to what you need to know.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/

Box grading, what to expect?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1