The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Uzay thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

The Uzay thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:52 pm

Thanks for all the great info and opinion guys, we're all friends here and are just trying to answer what is turning out to be kind of a tough question affraid There is no worries about the fate of this Vader as Javi would like to send it back and I have another buyer for it. So this is all educational at this point.

There are some general observations based on the photos:

1. I agree, the Vader cape I sent Javi does not look the same as Wollf's, but it does look similar to my AFA graded one (Wolff, definitely not saying yours isn't legit, it actually looks good to me don't ask me why...it just does Smile

2. There seems to be at least one side which is very grainy, which is present on all the cape displayed

3. My AFA Uzay cape is THICK and LONG (well, its not the only thing Razz) the same as the one sold to Javi

4. The cross-hitch thing is a mystery to me, and it really confounds the picture

5. Wolff brought up a good point that there are almost always some minor (and some major) variations in bootleg figures

I've had more Uzay figures in my hands than Kenner and any of the bootleg collectors out there know what an Uzay feels like. They're heavier with cheaper plastic. When I got the Vader I sold Javi, everything about it had the feel of an Uzay, included the thick, stiff, trash-baggy cape. My Kenner Vader cape (although Wolff knows better he says there are many variations of the cape which I am not knowledgeable on) is thin, flimsy and had a completely different pattern than the Uzay.

Last edited by turkdlit on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:47 pm

OK so I know this thread is the last thing on people's mind (its been quite a day in the vintage world, Joe we're all behind you Smile

But I had to post this too now that I'm home from work. I think there is a bigger picture being missed here. Just LOOK at the 2 figures in the original photo. Notice the shine and LENGTH of the Uzay cape.

The Uzay thread - Page 4 Img_9333

Now look at the lengths of these Uzay capes

The Uzay thread - Page 4 Img_3110

The Uzay thread - Page 4 71591210

The Uzay thread - Page 4 Img_8410

Do Kenner capes often go past the feet? Ff someone examples of this please let us know...

Its easy to get caught up in the details...but details can vary with bootlegs as they don't have a standardized manufacturing processes. When I take a step back to look at the big picture, I have zero doubt that its the real deal.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:57 am

wbobafett wrote:
Michael, Javi...I think there is a huge misunderstanding. Nobody attacked noone here and I think I wasnt attacked either!?!?!

Everything is fine.......lets just wait for Joe, what can last...because he has other problems now!

Michael just offered his thoughts and Javier just sayed that he wasnt accusing Mete to fake it or the cape beeing faked. Javi just thinks its a Kenner one.

My cape is 100% original Uzay (I think)!

Javiers has the cross hatch pattrn which distracts me, but well, its a bootleg....its possible there is quite more patterns on those!

PEACE!!!

(Thanks Michael for defending me, but I think it was a misunderstanding between you and Javier. We both just want to help and Javi knows that!)

Thanks Wolff, You have explained it very well!!there is no problema at all
Peace!!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:00 am

Michael Vogt wrote:
thanks wolff and sorry for being sarcastic javi. I read only half of the post on my mobile and lost it somehow.
my bad! :I am stupid:
There is no problem Michael Smile Thanks for your time a effrods on this matter!!Its very appreciated !!
Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 2:22 am

Joseph_Y wrote:

Uzay 014 Artoo Detoo (R2-D2)
The Uzay thread - Page 4 7340864966_42917069d5_z
loose
The Uzay thread - Page 4 7344333990_8ea387eb1a_z

Cheers
Joe

Love your detailed pictures for all figures Joe, but the picture from the Loose R2 looks odd.

Is the Lightsaber in your loose R2 and genuine one, becuase it looks like a grey R2 pop up saber from what i can see.
I know the R2 pop up lightsaber should look like this, also seen in your carded example.

The Uzay thread - Page 4 UzayR2lightsaber

Is your lightsaber from your loose R2 different or just a fake placeholder?

I am just wondering as the Uzay R2 is an figure i am most intrested in and i am still on the hunt for one. Hope to aquire a complete one some day.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction.... What a Face
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 am

Ha...good question!!!

I was thinking the same thing since days.... Laughing Laughing

The thing is the ebay picture you posted of the loose one also looks strange. The top of this "saber" looks fine compared with the MOC examples. But what the heck is happening to the bottom??? It looks like its chewed...broken....and for some reason if its hollow too??? (like a dt saber)

Btw: I could still bite my ass not bidding more on the R2 at that time. I was second on that figure.....would be interesting to know who bought the "saber"??

I really hope I come across an uncomplete one pretty soon and hope for a complete one for you too! Wink

edit: i think Joe bought his one from Murat. It his childhoodfigure as well as ie the headman. So the chances are high the saber is original. Maybe there do exist both??

Back to top Go down
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 7:09 am

Yeah that's the saber from the auction, i have more detailed pic's, i asked the seller many pic's at the auctions time as i wanted to go for the saber. I figured if i had the saber, i could always buy an R2, but i ended as second highest bidder. No

About the extra on the bottom, is some excessive mold, i have other pic's at home wich show this more clear.

I don't think it's hollow, but i am sure expert who actually own one can chime in with more information.

This pic shows the excessive mold a little better.

The Uzay thread - Page 4 UzayR2saberCloseup
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:56 pm

turkdlit wrote:
Thanks for all the great info and opinion guys, we're all friends here and are just trying to answer what is turning out to be kind of a tough question affraid There is no worries about the fate of this Vader as Javi would like to send it back and I have another buyer for it. So this is all educational at this point.

The figures were sent back to Mete today but i really would love to hear JoeY´s oppinion about the cape
Thanks for all your inputs in this matter lads, i appreciate it very much!!
J.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:39 pm

I've been taking pics for a couple of days, and unfortunately they're not coming out as detailed as I'd like, for some reason. I need to alter my lighting in my photo area. But, I've looked at the pics posted with mine in my hand (my Uzay Vader that is)
and the capes look pretty much exact in cut and length, the longer hood on the back seems right. I think it's legit.

I'm going to the room to take more pics right now, I need to reshoot almost all the weapon pics as they just aren't coming out good. I'll try again to get better shots of the capes (despite some improvement I still suck as a photographer)

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi Joe!
Thanks for your reply Smile
Do your uzay cape have the cross hatch pattern on one side??i think that this is the key on this matter.
Please let us know.
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Javi, although I am obviously biased on this Smile you might be missing the big picture. You're very fixated on the minuscule pattern on one side of the cape, but aren't "seeing the forest through the trees". There are tons of little Uzay variations:

Paint on back vs. no paint on back snowtrooper
The Uzay thread - Page 4 410 The Uzay thread - Page 4 Img_9334

Thick boot vs. thin boot blue star
The Uzay thread - Page 4 Turkdlitleftlegfront
The Uzay thread - Page 4 Adamsleftlegfront

There is also Tie Fighter Pilot w/NO paint, Chewie w/no black dots on bandolier, Chewie with light fur, etc. There is even a snowtrooper rifle which is the same blue as the Blue Star - collectors don't question whether it is legit or not just because it is the only one known. It has the overall mold and feel of an Uzay rifle, and so it is assumed to be legit.

The more experienced bootleg collectors can comment on all this...but again when a lot of little variations are known and expected, its more helpful to look at the overall picture.
Turk
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 am

I guess You are right, almost everything its possible talking About bootlegs!Smile
So that uzay vader cape with cross hatch pattern is a one in a kind figure as nobody had seen one of those so far Wink
Lesson learned!! Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:08 am

turkdlit wrote:
Javi, although I am obviously biased on this Smile you might be missing the big picture. You're very fixated on the minuscule pattern on one side of the cape, but aren't "seeing the forest through the trees". There are tons of little Uzay variations:

Paint on back vs. no paint on back snowtrooper
The Uzay thread - Page 4 410 The Uzay thread - Page 4 Img_9334

Thick boot vs. thin boot blue star
The Uzay thread - Page 4 Turkdlitleftlegfront
The Uzay thread - Page 4 Adamsleftlegfront

There is also Tie Fighter Pilot w/NO paint, Chewie w/no black dots on bandolier, Chewie with light fur, etc. There is even a snowtrooper rifle which is the same blue as the Blue Star - collectors don't question whether it is legit or not just because it is the only one known. It has the overall mold and feel of an Uzay rifle, and so it is assumed to be legit.

The more experienced bootleg collectors can comment on all this...but again when a lot of little variations are known and expected, its more helpful to look at the overall picture.
Turk

aw man! theres 2 variants of the hoth trooper.and there i was thinking it was just 2 types of gun :I am stupid:
just a question about the blue hoth trooper gun,when you say as blue as a bluestar,my carded one has a blue gun but it's more a kenner blue.is there a brighter blue one? is it the one pictured with the "robot mechanic" alternate cardback hoth trooper? :scratch:

daren
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 7:09 am

Joseph_Y wrote:
I've been taking pics for a couple of days, and unfortunately they're not coming out as detailed as I'd like, for some reason. I need to alter my lighting in my photo area. But, I've looked at the pics posted with mine in my hand (my Uzay Vader that is)
and the capes look pretty much exact in cut and length, the longer hood on the back seems right. I think it's legit.

I'm going to the room to take more pics right now, I need to reshoot almost all the weapon pics as they just aren't coming out good. I'll try again to get better shots of the capes (despite some improvement I still suck as a photographer)

Cheers
Joe

good to hear it's not only me then doh

daren
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 10:33 am

Javi, I'm not saying its a one of a kind rare variant Very Happy its just my opinion that its legit. I don't think many people have looked at the surface texture of bootlegs under a macro lens and have called them variants based on that. If you look at the whole picture, I'm convinced its legit.

But like I said there are bootlegers out there who are FAR more experienced than me (I've only been at this for 2 years). Joe, Dylan, Trevor, Martijn, Mike, Steven, Daren, Andy, etc. can comment with a lot more authority than I can. I only know about Uzay, and don't know shit about much else Smile

Daren, I don't have a blue rifle so I can't say for sure. I've only seen photos from Adam Burges' loose example, and I thought it looked similar to the paint on the blue star. I'll see if I can dig up a photo of that one and post it up!

Turk
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 pm

turkdlit wrote:
Javi, I'm not saying its a one of a kind rare variant Very Happy its just my opinion that its legit. I don't think many people have looked at the surface texture of bootlegs under a macro lens and have called them variants based on that. If you look at the whole picture, I'm convinced its legit.

But like I said there are bootlegers out there who are FAR more experienced than me (I've only been at this for 2 years). Joe, Dylan, Trevor, Martijn, Mike, Steven, Daren, Andy, etc. can comment with a lot more authority than I can. I only know about Uzay, and don't know shit about much else Smile

Daren, I don't have a blue rifle so I can't say for sure. I've only seen photos from Adam Burges' loose example, and I thought it looked similar to the paint on the blue star. I'll see if I can dig up a photo of that one and post it up!

Turk

ahh! i'm pretty sure adams blue one was just like mine,phew,one less variant to look for :clap: i thought you ment blue as in the blue stormtrooper blasters.
just for the record my carded darths cape doesn't appear as long as the loose ones shown,it's just like the pic of joes darth,the cape looks like it's just abouve the foot but the other loose ones look to be touching the floor.it also looks shiny plain on the outer side but a bit more less shiny on the inside (if that makes any sense) it doesn't look as smooth as the outer side.but i couldn't say if it's a hatch pattern.even with my magnifying glass,my eyes just aren't that good frustrated but even with my useless eyes javi's cape in the pic looked ok to me. geek

daren
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:50 am

Hey dudes, got another question for ya'll.

I've got this Uzay Imperial Gunner and noticed the head seems to be secured with a thick screw like thingy. Can anyone with a loose imperial gunner try to take a look under the neck and see if the head is held in a similar manner? Thanks!

The Uzay thread - Page 4 Img_0810

Turk.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:21 pm

I'll take a close up of the head attachment part of the mold for you over the next couple of days,to check out and decide if that's correct or not.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 3:30 am

turkdlit wrote:
There is no worries about the fate of this Vader as Javi would like to send it back and I have another buyer for it. So this is all educational at this point.

Sorry for the off topic lads Smile
Mete, according with the shippment´s info the uzays are already with you now, please refund my money as soon as possible, i have some stuff to pay Wink
thanks!!
J.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 9:41 am

JAVI, pubicly announcing that the figures are at my place 4 HOURS after they arrived and WHILE IM OUT OF TOWN is really uneccessary. Its as if youre implying I wont refund you unless you call it out here. Hopefully im simply reading into too much, but you've publicly shown a serious distrust of me and I don't appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:51 am

turkdlit wrote:
JAVI, pubicly announcing that the figures are at my place 4 HOURS after they arrived and WHILE IM OUT OF TOWN is really uneccessary. Its as if youre implying I wont refund you unless you call it out here. Hopefully im simply reading into too much, but you've publicly shown a serious distrust of me and I don't appreciate it.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Seriously Mete , you are reading into it WIDE TOO MUCH.
I apologize if i have hurt your feelings mate but is not even close to my intention to do it, Sorry if its so. I didnt thought you ´ll take this way, and i have to remind you that you get public this problem before.either i didnt thought you dont refund me if i didnt get public.
My post just was an attention "touch" for you.I have sent an email about it and then just thought that you maybe could read it here before my email.After i have known you are out of town i replyed to that THERE IS no problem to wait untill you get home.
By the other hand you have posted here a little while back so i guess you didnt read my reply to your email,in other case your last post it was really unneccesary aswell.
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:58 am

Hey Hey!!

Don't make me turn this car around!!!!!!!!

Cmon guys, take it easy. Remember , read the post like your Grandma wrote it. It always makes it better
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
rebojazz
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
rebojazz

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:09 am

I think any one-on-one conversations regarding deals, shipping, payments, returns, etc.... should be directed to PM. It saves space on the threads and avoids any possible entanglements. Besides, I really don't care what time someones package arrived, unless it's mine, lol.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 11:14 am

OK....back to us moving things forward.
Mete I'll be sending you an email in a few. Just some finishing touches I'm putting on the Uzay article before it gets transfered to HTML

Also for the rest of you,please, I need pics of variations that are not already shown in my earlier post. I've got pics of the Blue stars variations. Please only pics that you own. I know someone mentioned trying to find one of Adams pics of something that wasn't shown yet. I'd rather NOT use a pic that I do not have permission to use.

I know that there are Tie Fighter variations and a Chewie paint variation missing....what else??

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:02 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
OK....back to us moving things forward.
Mete I'll be sending you an email in a few. Just some finishing touches I'm putting on the Uzay article before it gets transfered to HTML

Also for the rest of you,please, I need pics of variations that are not already shown in my earlier post. I've got pics of the Blue stars variations. Please only pics that you own. I know someone mentioned trying to find one of Adams pics of something that wasn't shown yet. I'd rather NOT use a pic that I do not have permission to use.

I know that there are Tie Fighter variations and a Chewie paint variation missing....what else??

Cheers
Joe
ive got 2 differant types of chewy blasters,one with buttons that have a hollow resess on the top and one where the buttons have a dome.i don't know how important that is to the grand scheme of things,but it's something i noticed geek my tie pilot is the unpainted limbs variant,if you need it? hoth stormy with blue gun? just let me know how much of a variant you mean meeting
daren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Uzay thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next