The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Uzay thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Stargeezer
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Stargeezer

The Uzay thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Joseph_Y wrote:
OK....back to us moving things forward.
Mete I'll be sending you an email in a few. Just some finishing touches I'm putting on the Uzay article before it gets transfered to HTML

Also for the rest of you,please, I need pics of variations that are not already shown in my earlier post. I've got pics of the Blue stars variations. Please only pics that you own. I know someone mentioned trying to find one of Adams pics of something that wasn't shown yet. I'd rather NOT use a pic that I do not have permission to use.

I know that there are Tie Fighter variations and a Chewie paint variation missing....what else??

Cheers
Joe

Have you found time to look at your R2 Lightsaber Joe or whats the story off it beeing grey?

Cheers, Dennis.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:54 pm

My R2 saber actually won't come out of the R2 itself and I don't want to risk damaging it by pulling it out, so I know I need a pic of one outside of the figure. I think it's just another variation, just as there are gray,blue and black weapons documented for other figures.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 12:56 pm

emperorburns wrote:
Joseph_Y wrote:
OK....back to us moving things forward.
Mete I'll be sending you an email in a few. Just some finishing touches I'm putting on the Uzay article before it gets transfered to HTML

Also for the rest of you,please, I need pics of variations that are not already shown in my earlier post. I've got pics of the Blue stars variations. Please only pics that you own. I know someone mentioned trying to find one of Adams pics of something that wasn't shown yet. I'd rather NOT use a pic that I do not have permission to use.

I know that there are Tie Fighter variations and a Chewie paint variation missing....what else??

Cheers
Joe
ive got 2 differant types of chewy blasters,one with buttons that have a hollow resess on the top and one where the buttons have a dome.i don't know how important that is to the grand scheme of things,but it's something i noticed geek my tie pilot is the unpainted limbs variant,if you need it? hoth stormy with blue gun? just let me know how much of a variant you mean meeting
daren

All of the above my friend, I need pics of everything. I want this to be as close to every variation as we can get it.

Cheers & Thanks
Joe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:05 pm

Its cool, I just really didn't understand the purpose of the post, especially after you had already emailed me about it. You can understand that I'm not exactly pictured in the best light with 'I don't think this is real' and ' you got it back where's my refund' posts. My apologies if I freaked out a bit. Please in the future simply PM me unless you think there us something the other members here should be aware of.

Ok back on topic....looking forward to your email, Joe. Can't wait to see all the variations...
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Coming in a bit, just been back and forth between answering stuff, and editing pics.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:59 am

Stargeezer wrote:

I don't think it's hollow, but i am sure expert who actually own one can chime in with more information.

This pic shows the excessive mold a little better.

The Uzay thread - Page 5 UzayR2saberCloseup

I'm not sure if I own this exact one or if I own one that looks exactly the same as this one. If anyone knows the details of who this was sold to and when, please PM me. Either way... mine looks exactly the same with the same extra molding and it indeed is not hollow. FWIW, I bought a mint figure and cardback together with this similar weapon. It was my assumption that they were all original together and the bubble went missing from the group at some point. If that is indeed the case then the pic is not of my saber, but another example exactly the same.
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:05 am

Trevor, if you could get me a pic of your saber on a black background, and your loose R2 w.o the card in the background(white background, 3 angles front,side,and back. It'd be appreciated for the article. Right now it's just waiting for me to reshoot 2 molds, and get pics of some of the variations, and upload some stuff that's in my email box. Then finish adding the text.....
Then onto Poland.... Laughing

Cheers and thanks
Joe

Back to top Go down
rubberlike
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
rubberlike

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:35 am

Joseph_Y wrote:
Trevor, if you could get me a pic of your saber on a black background, and your loose R2 w.o the card in the background(white background, 3 angles front,side,and back. It'd be appreciated for the article. Right now it's just waiting for me to reshoot 2 molds, and get pics of some of the variations, and upload some stuff that's in my email box. Then finish adding the text.....
Then onto Poland.... Laughing

Cheers and thanks
Joe

You got it. I'm working through the weekend but will do my best to get pics to you ASAP.
Back to top Go down
http://wencl.org
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 am

Thanks Trevor, also, the stormtrooper paint variation that I don't have, if you could add that to the mix that'd be most helpful too. It's already better than what's on the archive, even in its unfinished state. But the final touches are whats gonna make it pop.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:49 pm

I think i have an AT-AT driver variant.
This figure have no red details painted except for the insignals, which are smaller and dark red.The stripe on back is also missing.The body colour is more blueish compared with the one showed by JoeY.The plastic of the body looks more oppaque aswell.
The Uzay thread - Page 5 Imagen13
The Uzay thread - Page 5 At-at_10 The Uzay thread - Page 5 At-at_11 The Uzay thread - Page 5 At-at_12
JoeY, PLMK if you think those picts are usefull fro you and i will send over your email.
Thanks
Javi
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Javi, please email me the 3 different poses. Thank you. Also HUGE thanks to Trevor(Rubberlike), Wolff, and Andy for pics, and Mete for some amazing text that's being incorporated into the article this weekend. I apologize that the Uzay article isn't finished yet. I've just been working a ton the past 2 weeks and it's slowed down my progress on the article.

Cheers and thanks to everyone that's made the jump to TIG.
Joe
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 3:17 am

Now WHO bought the wepaons from that ebay guy????

.....I was to naive again and waited for them beeing listed!! :I am stupid: LOL

Okay seriously...I know it was one of you guys! If you have any spares please contact me!!!

popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Hey Wolff, are you talking about the guy who had all those beaters on sale a couple of weeks back (the one who really listed a few of the figures recently)? I didn't get any of his weapons...but incidentally I may have a couple available in the near future I'll let you know, cheers,
Metr
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:04 am

turkdlit wrote:
Hey Wolff, are you talking about the guy who had all those beaters on sale a couple of weeks back (the one who really listed a few of the figures recently)? I didn't get any of his weapons...but incidentally I may have a couple available in the near future I'll let you know, cheers,
Metr

Yes. He wrote in the auctions that weapons will be listed seperatley....and I waited....stupid me. I know the buisness, but sometimes it seems I forget how it works...LOL!

Great to hear you are getting some spares! Thank you for letting me know then cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 am

Wolff, I think the weapons were actually sold a few weeks ago and the auctions had gone to completion. This batch of listings was what the seller hadn't sold the first time around. I gotta say, some of the prices are insane :scratch: $40 for a headless/capeless Vader, $180 for a beater AT AT driver, and $90 for a crotch-less leg amputee Tie Fighter Pilot. I sold my last light boot TFP for $150 and it was pretty minty, go figure. I've noticed that in general, auctions from sellers located in Turkey tend to do extremely well.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:15 am

So who bought these?
The Uzay thread - Page 5 $T2eC16J,!yEE9s5jDZuiBQFDcG1!hg~~60_12

The Uzay thread - Page 5 $(KGrHqZ,!ogF!Ov8fth2BQFDcSVki!~~60_12

The Uzay thread - Page 5 $T2eC16F,!)!E9s2f!G)zBQFDcbKyT!~~60_12
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 am

aussiejames wrote:
So who bought these?
The Uzay thread - Page 5 $T2eC16J,!yEE9s5jDZuiBQFDcG1!hg~~60_12

The Uzay thread - Page 5 $(KGrHqZ,!ogF!Ov8fth2BQFDcSVki!~~60_12

The Uzay thread - Page 5 $T2eC16F,!)!E9s2f!G)zBQFDcbKyT!~~60_12

jawdrop is this a second silver sword to have come up for sale?

daren
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:05 am

They are fakes. Sold for top dollar ( $100 for reproductions)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 8:49 am

Lol @ Daren, that's a priceless reaction. You know you would've heard about these if they were legit!

$100 is absurd, just like most uzay things that sell on the bay.
Back to top Go down
emperorburns
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
emperorburns

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 9:11 am

turkdlit wrote:
Lol @ Daren, that's a priceless reaction. You know you would've heard about these if they were legit!

$100 is absurd, just like most uzay things that sell on the bay.

:I am stupid: i just saw them and thought hang on,silver sword with silver shield,so i went to check the pics of the real silver sword and saw it came with a gold shield.so i quickly posted my reply :opps: i didn't even check ebays finished auctions study thats what happens when your in a rush doh

they are pretty good for repros No damn reprors frustrated

daren
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:37 pm

the saber is far away isnt it? but the shield is damn close at first sight.. wow. still
i like the real ones better... anyone wants to de me a favour?? Wink
Back to top Go down
Gotama
New User
New User

PostSubject: Uzay Death star droid in unopened package   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi everyone,

I have a collection of some SW stuff, which also contains an No 008 SB Products (Uzay Savachilari)- Death Star Droid unopened package (with a small crack in the top corner). It was bought from Turkey or Tunisia when I was a child( actually bough 2 of them and one was left unopened). Any idea of the value of it and what would be the best way to sell it?

Can send pictures to those who are intrested.

Items are located in Finland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 7:21 pm

Pm sent on rebel scum. If you ask me, the best way to sell it would be to sell it to...ME cheers I will pay the most Smile And it will go into a loving Turkish home. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.
Back to top Go down
Gotama
New User
New User

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:11 pm

I've had several contacts about the uzay. If you want to see more pics go to

Edited by Darthberizing - You can't throw up an album , say stuff is for sale and solicit offers. Please read the forum rules regarding when you can sell here and the criteria. If you are unsure of a value you can always ask the community questions on value.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:04 am

Everyone

After a PM I got this morning I've decided to ban Gotama from the boards. I committed to giving an explanation on bans so here is why the decision was made. He was made aware of our selling criteria and rules and chose instead to violate them. He also unwittingly tipped his hand in actually asking us to change our timeline on allowing PM's , Album links, etc..

He is soliciting offers and it's not allowed. TIG has no formal opinion on if he owns it, is it legit, etc.. This was simply a ban for violating the rules of the forum. Obviously if you deal with any new member who surfaces with hard to find items I'd always preach caution and this is no different.

As always, please feel free to ask questions , give your opinions, etc. They're always welcomed with a promise of no reprisal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Uzay thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next