The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Uzay thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

The Uzay thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 12:01 pm

turkdlit wrote:

KARA LIDER

The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9315 The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9316 The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9317

Accesories:
- Uzay lightsaber darker, more red and slightly more translucent
- Similar to length and girth of production lightsaber
- Cape is significantly thicker with tougher feel to it (almost like a trash bag Smile

Hi lads,
i have a question about Uzay´s capes.
Does any of the Uzay capes have the "hatch "pattern on one side ?? i have only the one from the Bluestars and this one doesnt looks like any other cape( talking about the plastic )that i have seen so far.
I really would love to know how looks like the Vaders and Snowtrooper capes.
Thanks in advance!
JAvi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Hey guys, the reason Javi is bringing this up is because he recently purchased Uzay Vader pictured in his post from me. He is concerned the cape is a Kenner one. I'm bringing it up here so we can all learn something about these figures which we love Smile

His main concern is that the cape is smooth on one side and textured on the other. I have had 3 Uzay vader's w/cape pass through my hands and they have all looked identical to me, including the one I sold him. I have included photos of my AFA graded Uzay Vader and have made the following observations:

The Vader
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9328

One side of the cape is smooth and thick
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9329

One side of the cape is textured
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9330

This is the photo of the textured side of the one Javi received
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Uzay_c10

This shows the thickness of the AFA Uzay Vader cape is thicker than a Kenner counterpart
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9331

For those who have one of these figures, please chime in so we can get to the bottom of this. If the cape is not legit then I need to go after the Turk who sold it to me, but imo it looks good. Thanks all!

Mete

Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:04 pm

I have an original Uzay cape here. Will try to make pictures tomorrow!

I have to say that the cape has one side with texture and one with less texture.....but there is no real smooth side to those capes IMO!!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Hi all,

Thanks Mete for chime in dude, i appreciate it very much, thanks.
I have to say that i have allways trust in Mete´s word, i know he is an honest guy and collector and the communication was perfect Smile

Being said that ,What really is concerning me is that the cape have texture on one side BUT Also have the typical Kenner Hatch pattern on the other side
Please see the pict bellow:

The Uzay thread - Page 3 Uzay_c14

I have compared it with the only Uzay cape i already have, the BlueStars cape and compare to it , the cape of the Vader from Mete its simply the opposite:

Mete´s Vader is thick cape Vs BS cape is much thinner
Mete´s have the hatch pattern on one side while the BS cape is very smooth in both sides(one of them more "Shinny")

I have also compared with the capes in my kenner collection and IMHO they are the same cape, same thickness , brightness and the pattern,here you are a comparison shoot Uzay VS Kenner( Uzay on the bottom)

The Uzay thread - Page 3 Uzay_c15

EDITED:
IMHO its near to impossible to tell the "Uzay" from the Kenner when you have it in hands.The pict is not taken to"fitting"each other, the pict was taken with daylight and the light refflected on the same way on both capes.

Again i trust on Mete´s word 100% BUT i doubt a lot that a Turkey bootleg comes with an almost identical Kenners cape.Of course i dont have the knownledge( yet Smile ) as the big bootlegs collectors does have , instead i have to use the common sense Smile.I can be wrong of course.

Any input will be very very appreciated becouse i am here to learn as much as i can.
Sincerelly
Javi

Last edited by javiswspain on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks Wolff! Look forward to the pics...

The outside cape on the AFA one is smooth as butter. All the ones I've had were smooth on one side (it has varied between being the outside or inside, as they were likely placed on the figures both ways).

Mete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Javi. I want to get to the bottom of this as well...

I agree the pattern you show of the Uzay vader cape vs. your Kenner one looks similar. I wouldn't put too much into comparing the Vader cape to the BS cape - we don't know if the same materials was used for this...my Vader cape doesn't have the same thickness of my BS or hothtrooper cape either (both of which are very thin).

Looking forward to seeing other opinions...
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:32 pm

Thanks for your understanding Mete Smile
You can be sure 100% that i am honest when i told you that the cape along with the Uzay fugures is 100% identical to other Kenner capes i do have or seen here, as you can imagine i dont have the neccesity to lie on this, just becouse i really wanted both figures from a reliable surce ,thats why i bought them from you.
I really hope to solve this matter.
Thanks
Javi

Last edited by javiswspain on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 5:38 pm

turkdlit wrote:
T.my Vader cape doesn't have the same thickness of my BS or hothtrooper cape either (both of which are very thin).

Exactly!!that is what i am trying to say!!IMHO the three capes must have the same look , texture and thickness but in differrent colours.A cape with hatch pattern dont fit very well with the other examples unless the sort skirts were made of the same vinyl and the Vaders one comes with thicker vinyl and the hatch pettern unsure
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Javi and all others,

I think I have figured it out. There is one side of the Uzay cape which is very ROUGHLY textured which is NOT found on a typical Kenner cape. Although the Kenner cape has a smooth side and a rougher cross-hatch side, it does not have a side which is as rough as the one pictured below from my AFA example.

The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_9332

Javi has already decided to send the figure back to me, but I'd still like to get others' opinion, particularly concerning the rougher side of the cape. Thanks all,
Mete
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 9:42 pm

I'll snap a pic of my loose Uzay vader in a bit(I've gotta retake some pics of weapons that came out blurry anyway), it matches my carded one exactly, so we can use that as a litmus test.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:27 am

I once owned a complete Uzay Vader that i got from a guy in austria together with other authentic uzays. the cape was thicker than kenner, larger, differently sized and was very glossy on one side and had a pattern on the other side that had nothing to do with kenner, NOR with BS cape. The capes of Uzays were not made from the same vinyl type!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:57 am

Michael Vogt wrote:
I once owned a complete Uzay Vader that i got from a guy in austria together with other authentic uzays. the cape was thicker than kenner, larger, differently sized and was very glossy on one side and had a pattern on the other side that had nothing to do with kenner, NOR with BS cape. The capes of Uzays were not made from the same vinyl type!
Thanks for your imput Michael,
So in your oppinion the uzay vader cape must have the hatch pattern or not?
The cape of this vader have identical hatch pattern as any other kenner cape as you can see in the last pict.This is my main concern
Btw Mete, does your uzay cape have the kenner hatch pattern??
Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:40 am

Here is mine...NO cross hatch pattern:

As Michael said, material is different to most of the Kenner capes (IMO thicker Kenner capes are existing. There is a ton of Kenner and licensed cape variants, so a comparison to the thickness is difficult).

There is a smoother and more glossy side too, but if you look closely you have the typical pattern on both sides of the cape. On one side the pattern is more close...on the other side not (=not so obvious).

1. It looks like a smooth side and one with pattern:
The Uzay thread - Page 3 IMG_3473a

2. You can find the pattern on both sides when you look cloesly. NO cross hatch pattern!
The Uzay thread - Page 3 IMG_3472a

Hope that helps!

I start: Mete and Javier, Im sorry but I think the cape is not Uzay! But lets wait for Joe!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:52 am

Joseph_Y wrote:
I'll snap a pic of my loose Uzay vader in a bit(I've gotta retake some pics of weapons that came out blurry anyway), it matches my carded one exactly, so we can use that as a litmus test.

Cheers
Joe
Thanks for your imput JoeY!!
Looking forward to see your picts, Thanks for your time!!
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:12 am

The Uzay thread - Page 3 Uzay_c10
As You all can see the cape which comes along with the figure have one textured side, Thats true,but this pict was taken with MACRO lens!!
This texture hardly can be seen with the naked eye when You have it in hands!!.imho have Nothing to do with the one shown by Wolff(Thanks My friend)or even with the graded vader from Mete,in those examples the texture can be seen without problems only with a first sight!!
So, i Will accept Mete's offer and i Will send back the figures for a full refund, Sorry Mete, i really would Love to had kept the figures ....
I would like to hear the oppinion of other bootlegs collectors as JoeY , Dylan or Martijn though Smile

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:28 am

Javi can you please post photos of both sides of the cape without the macro lens? This way we compare apples to apples. Seeing the cape under a microscope doesn't add much IMO...I can't even see a cross hatch on my kenner cape with the naked eye. Hopefully you can do this before its on its way back to me.
Back to top Go down
Joseph_Y
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Joseph_Y

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:34 pm

javiswspain wrote:
Joseph_Y wrote:

Cheers
Joe
Thanks for your imput JoeY!!
Looking forward to see your picts, Thanks for your time!!

I didn't get a chance to take the pic last night, I got "distracted" by my girlfriend, and didn't end up getting back out of bed to work on that. I'm at work til 9pm my time today, and will take and post the pics as soon as I get home tonight.

Cheers
Joe
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=697897283
GanjaFett
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
GanjaFett

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 12:39 pm

Glad you guys are working this out. Its good to get a little more information about the capes for everyone's sake.

BTW Joe, did you get my email last night? Will those pics help the guide?

Keep up the good work everyone cheers
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:12 pm

hmm, let me think, I ma sure about the following:

1) Definately thicker than standard
2) Definately NOT the same material and surface as Bluestars cape
3) Definately no cross hatch-pattern like Vinyl Jawa or other Kenner capes. There was a "structure" but no cross hatch pattern.

I am not sure if my mind is playing tricks but I think in- and outside were different, one glossy one dull... Javispains looks like mine did... Not sure about Wolffs but I wouldnt say fake so far. The cut looks also ok to me... So far I would go for real...
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 1:19 pm

turkdlit wrote:
Javi can you please post photos of both sides of the cape without the macro lens? This way we compare apples to apples. Seeing the cape under a microscope doesn't add much IMO...I can't even see a cross hatch on my kenner cape with the naked eye. Hopefully you can do this before its on its way back to me.
sure Mete Smile
Here you are Wink

The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_0815 The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_0814
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_0816 The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_0817 The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_0818 The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_0819

Wolff´s vader Vs Mete´s Vader
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_3412
The Uzay thread - Page 3 Img_0821

Hope this help,
BTW picts taken with daylight

javi
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 2:04 pm

Michael Vogt wrote:
hmm, let me think, I ma sure about the following:

1) Definately thicker than standard
2) Definately NOT the same material and surface as Bluestars cape
3) Definately no cross hatch-pattern like Vinyl Jawa or other Kenner capes. There was a "structure" but no cross hatch pattern.

I am not sure if my mind is playing tricks but I think in- and outside were different, one glossy one dull... Javispains looks like mine did... Not sure about Wolffs but I wouldnt say fake so far. The cut looks also ok to me... So far I would go for real...
Thanks for your thoughts Michael.
Please dont forget that nobody is saying that is a FAKE uzay cape , What i am trying to say from the begining is that its an uzay vader ALONG WITH an ORIGINAL standart Kenner cape.
what i have hear so far About the cross hatch pattern, NOBODY have said that the Uzay cape must have the cross hatch pattern !!
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:04 pm

javi,

wolff asked me to verify my initial stetement, the word "hatch patten" was dropped and i just wanted to reply to wolffs question what i mean with that. Just wanted to avoid misunderstandings. 2ndly wolff states "concerns" himself -see above; i wasnt adressing you. And if its not real, call it fake call it worthless kenner cape- doesnt make a difference cause the question is id its real uzax or not. And if u got the impressuon I i might accuse Wolff himself of having faked anything you are wrong. We are friends and we can speak out what comes to our minds without thinking too much if the wording was politially correct or not.
Sorry to say, but I was not even talking to you with my post Javi, so sorry if I hurt you or anyone else that wasnt adresses by me Very Happy

btw, if this was a kenner cape, wouldnt it be cut differently? The uzay i had had a bit larger cape if i remember correctly? Actually it was so much touching the ground when the figure was standing that it couldnt stand very welll on its own. I thought the collar was also "higher"? not sure about that. anyway, if anyone could confirm that the uzay cape was larger we could at least know uf wolffs cape us a kenner cape or not...
Back to top Go down
javiswspain
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
javiswspain

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:34 pm

Hey Michael !!
Sorry for the missundertanding :)i have never thought You were attacking Wolff or me, just i thought You were talking About my cape,Sorry
Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Michael, Javi...I think there is a huge misunderstanding. Nobody attacked noone here and I think I wasnt attacked either!?!?!

Everything is fine.......lets just wait for Joe, what can last...because he has other problems now!

Michael just offered his thoughts and Javier just sayed that he wasnt accusing Mete to fake it or the cape beeing faked. Javi just thinks its a Kenner one.

My cape is 100% original Uzay (I think)!

Javiers has the cross hatch pattrn which distracts me, but well, its a bootleg....its possible there is quite more patterns on those!

PEACE!!!

(Thanks Michael for defending me, but I think it was a misunderstanding between you and Javier. We both just want to help and Javi knows that!)
Back to top Go down
Bluestars
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
Bluestars

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:38 pm

thanks wolff and sorry for being sarcastic javi. I read only half of the post on my mobile and lost it somehow.
my bad! :I am stupid:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Uzay thread   The Uzay thread - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Uzay thread

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next