The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:51 am

where is all bootleg vaders? share,show and tell us Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frunkstar
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
frunkstar

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:05 am

I for one feel that bootlegs should get there own thread & that the FOTW should remain a production figures only thread, just for clarity as I have nothing against bootlegs - bloody ugly fakes lol!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 8:38 pm

They are more than welcomed to me. They are just as much a part of the history as production stuff is. I dont want no one to feel left out, so if anybody wants to post their bootlegs and knock offs, go for it. Last I remembered, this is for the figures. If Im willing to have the coins added in with it since most of them was released with the figures, those 2 can be added to it too.

Frank, bootlegs do have their own thread, but I would like to have them here too. I want to try and make this as complete as possible for each figure. Thats why I was hoping to see more MOC stuff added to the threads. But most here are loose collectors.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 2:42 pm

I think that when a new thread has slowed down some, Ill add the next one up. Fett is now live. But dont stop adding to the other threads cause a new one is up. I would like to see the other threads to continue be added to when new members and info becomes available.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:57 pm

Another thing I want to touch on is pix not belonging to a member. This is for newer and older members to post "their" items, not anybody elses. Im not sure if I addressed this before, but I will now. What Im wanting with these threads is to get members posting again and to bring those who left for reasons known and unknown to come back. If they want there pix to be posted, they can do it. There was one that was posted that Im completely fine with cause the person who owned them is no longer with us and he went at a young age. I see that one as a memorial to him and his love of SW. But anything other then that, no. If someone wants their figures posted, they are more than welcome to post them themselfs. So please keep this is mind, no posting anything that doesnt belong to you. I dont like making these rules, but they are neccesary to have. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Another thing I want to touch on is pix not belonging to a member. This is for newer and older members to post "their" items, not anybody elses. Im not sure if I addressed this before, but I will now. What Im wanting with these threads is to get members posting again and to bring those who left for reasons known and unknown to come back. If they want there pix to be posted, they can do it. There was one that was posted that Im completely fine with cause the person who owned them is no longer with us and he went at a young age. I see that one as a memorial to him and his love of SW. But anything other then that, no. If someone wants their figures posted, they are more than welcome to post them themselfs. So please keep this is mind, no posting anything that doesnt belong to you. I dont like making these rules, but they are neccesary to have. Thanks.

Are we allowed to post pictures of the net that don't belong to us or other members, these can prove valuable when matching up figures and COO's to there cardbacks and also working out who made what.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:22 pm

Scott, I know we'll loose alot of info by not doing it, but no, if they dont belong to you, you cant post it. I figured with 500 members here, someone should have at least one figure they could post, even if they think its the same as one thats been posted. Ive seen the same handful of guys posting out of the 500, so I know theres some black hole collections out there that hasnt been shown yet. This is their chance to show off what they got, be proud of it, and contribute to the site more.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:26 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Scott, I know we'll loose alot of info by not doing it, but no, if they dont belong to you, you cant post it. I figured with 500 members here, someone should have at least one figure they could post, even if they think its the same as one thats been posted. Ive seen the same handful of guys posting out of the 500, so I know theres some black hole collections out there that hasnt been shown yet. This is their chance to show off what they got, be proud of it, and contribute to the site more.

I get that Chris but what if they just don't want to post, I thought the idea of the thread was to get all the info out there, I just don't understand why this rule has been brought in really. Plus they could also do a lime lite.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:46 pm

The main thing for the threads is for all the info "WE" can provide. We as in the members here. The reason why this rule was done was so the members here can post their items up to discuss. If we started posting up pix we find on the net and someone has a question about it, how are we going to answer it when we dont have it in hand to explain it? I want the threads to be full of info we can collaberate on, not full of someone elses stuff we dont have a clue on. Heres an example.

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 Exampl10

Can you tell me what cardback variant that is by looking at it? I know its a SW back, but which one? Is it a 12 A, B, C, 20 A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, 21 A, B, C, D, or a 32? Without in being in hand and for those who dont know what the SWCA (Star Wars Collectors Archive) is, theres no way you could tell which one it is just by seeing the front of the card. You wouldnt know if there wasnt a shot of the back of the card either. So just from the front shot, you got a SW card, but the back of the cards is where all the info is. So Ill stick with the no posting others pix for now unless someone can come up with a way to tell what figure is what by just looking at a pix (COO and cardback) and be dead on without haveing theroys about which one it is.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 7:53 pm

Forgot to add, for those who dont want to post, all they are missing out on is a chance to brag about their collections. I know if I had a nice collection to show off, Id want to brag about it and watch everybody drool over the shots. lol! Thats the thing, theres so many black hole collections out there that we dont know about and the info they gathered over the years would be a welcome sight to see. I know I would welcome the newer guys for giving us some new info we dont know yet as far as figures go.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Ok Chris I get that but theres also info that I have seen that I can add but there's no point unless I can add pictures(which i don't own) to prove my point. For example the No Coo Jawa comes on POTF cards, I know this because I've seen it, I've also seen these figures come in China baggies. Who is going to believe this if I cant post up pictures to prove it.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:30 pm

Buy the figures. lol! I get what your saying, but I did ask for opinions elsewhere and that was the opinions I got. Like I was told, at the end oif the day, Im doing whats best for the thread. What would happen if someone would happen to come along and see one of their pixs up and they get all pissed cause someone didnt ask their permission to use it? Im not taking the flak from it and I know Jay and Chris dont want to either. Ive seen it happen before and I dont want to see it happen here or on my own site I started. Honestly, I'm not sure if all the pix posted so far wasnt found on the net. See what Im getting at? Its always best to be safe than sorry in the end.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:32 pm

Snaggy boy. You're missing the point me thinks. IF YOU DON'T OWN THE PICS. YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST THEM!!!!!

Seems pretty simple to me. i know I'd be pissed if someone used my pics at least without asking permission first. THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YA!!!!
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:39 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Buy the figures. lol! I get what your saying, but I did ask for opinions elsewhere and that was the opinions I got. Like I was told, at the end oif the day, Im doing whats best for the thread. What would happen if someone would happen to come along and see one of their pixs up and they get all pissed cause someone didnt ask their permission to use it? Im not taking the flak from it and I know Jay and Chris dont want to either. Ive seen it happen before and I dont want to see it happen here or on my own site I started. Honestly, I'm not sure if all the pix posted so far wasnt found on the net. See what Im getting at? Its always best to be safe than sorry in the end.

I'm following ya Chris, loud and clear lol, as for buying all the figures, I think I will have by the time I'm through with all this collecting business LOL

PS If you get any complaint about my pictures I post throughout the life of the FOTW thread tell them to PM me Wink
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:42 pm

kisstour03 wrote:
Snaggy boy. You're missing the point me thinks. IF YOU DON'T OWN THE PICS. YOU DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT TO POST THEM!!!!!

Seems pretty simple to me. i know I'd be pissed if someone used my pics at least without asking permission first. THAT CLEAR ENOUGH FOR YA!!!!

Ye I did sort of get that but can you run it by me one more time Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:44 pm

Scott, I was using that as a admin of a forum mentality. I havent had a complain about anybodys yet. Hope I dont. But you do see what Im trying to say now right?
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 8:46 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Scott, I was using that as a admin of a forum mentality. I havent had a complain about anybodys yet. Hope I dont. But you do see what Im trying to say now right?

Yes, thanks for the replies
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:33 pm

Soren, just like I said in the pm I just sent, your not the only one I asked to remove a non-contributing post in one of the threads. But you are the first to cry about it. Hate that you feel that way, but the rules were posted for a reason. And here it is for all to see it to make sure what Im talking about.

Rule 3. If you dont know, dont say. If you got theories, make sure you got some sorta proof to back it up. Nothings worse than having theories with no proof. No off the wall comments or one word liners. This will strictly be discussion only. So that means no Cool, Awesome, etc.

STRICTLY DISCUSSION ONLY! So if your post does NOT contribute to info to the figure being discussed, it will be asked to be removed. I asked frunkstar, stevefdwyer, Dark Sith Lord, and one other to remove there posts that didnt contribute to the thread and they apologized for it and said it wouldnt happen again. So why do you have to act different about it? Hell, even RebelChris stopped himself saying something cause he knew the rules. Just cause you couldnt say COOL and not contribute something to the figure being discussed? I even asked you to add something to it and you could leave it. I do think Im being very leniant with the rules, but from this point on, I WILL be more strict about it. So everybody can thank you for it now. So everybody remember, no more off the wall discussions will be tolerated within the FOTW threads or I will have a mod contact you instead of me. Im fine with it as long as theres a contributing factor to it. I even said several times already that I want INFO ONLY in these threads to have them as complete as we can get on whats what with the figures. Guess Im finally realizing that Im wasting my time in giving everybody an avenue to discuss their figures and to ask questions about them. Oh, well. All good things come to an end I guess.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:10 pm

BUMP

time to present a new character?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 5:21 pm

I did 2 last week. Wasnt that enough. lol! I get on it tonight. Was way to busy last night.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:24 pm

Logray and AT AT Driver has been activated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4