The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:05 am

Chris_J wrote:
pomse, dont take this the wrong way, Im not gripping at you, but I did say that in an earlier post that I was thinking of doing one after the figure one. It was talked about in chat last night that it would be cool to see one for vehicles and playsets.

Also, Rule 6.**************read the whole thread before you ask a question. Your answer may be there already. Very Happy

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:36 pm

Ok, guys, I thought about this today and decided to do the thread on a weekly basis. So every Wendsday, a new figure will be added. I already got the line up ready to go, so there wont be a problem on deciding on whats next. Im very pleased with the way it has done so far. Lets keep it going like that. I will still be doing it by movie so it wont be a huge thread to sort through. The ANH thread will have 20 more figures added before we jump to the ESB thread. So be on the lookout for the next entry tomorrow evening.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Ok, guys, I thought about this today and decided to do the thread on a weekly basis. So every Wendsday, a new figure will be added. I already got the line up ready to go, so there wont be a problem on deciding on whats next. Im very pleased with the way it has done so far. Lets keep it going like that. I will still be doing it by movie so it wont be a huge thread to sort through. The ANH thread will have 20 more figures added before we jump to the ESB thread. So be on the lookout for the next entry tomorrow evening.

I'm glad your pleased with how this thread is going, as you are putting so much effort in to it (& it is appreciated!). I'm sure we will all look forward to contributing to the next character!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Thanks mate. And I am very pleased with it. I know the next 3 that are coming up are going to be great. Im not giving away who they are yet, hate to ruin the suspense. Razz
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Chris_J wrote:
Thanks mate. And I am very pleased with it. I know the next 3 that are coming up are going to be great. Im not giving away who they are yet, hate to ruin the suspense. Razz

I have my suspicions!
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:24 pm

Chris- The thread is running along nicely. And doing a figure a week sounds great. I only have one complaint about the thread. :stir: And that is, it's making me want to get back at collecting production figures again. Evil or Very Mad Enbler.

But seriously. Great job. Thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 7:45 pm

I took some opinions in thought and decided to do the thread like Uli's old FOTW threads. So from now on, there will be a new thread started per figure. That way I wont have to keep up with which page each figure is on and do the reprisal thing at the end. The Luke one was a learning curve for me to see what needed approving on and what didnt. Plus when more info or people want to add things for that figure, it will all be in one thread.

Cantina, lets see if your right with your suspicions. Name all three of the next ones, in order, and you'll win a prize. One TIG rep point. lol!
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 am

Chris_J wrote:
I took some opinions in thought and decided to do the thread like Uli's old FOTW threads. So from now on, there will be a new thread started per figure. That way I wont have to keep up with which page each figure is on and do the reprisal thing at the end. The Luke one was a learning curve for me to see what needed approving on and what didnt. Plus when more info or people want to add things for that figure, it will all be in one thread.

Cantina, lets see if your right with your suspicions. Name all three of the next ones, in order, and you'll win a prize. One TIG rep point. lol!

my guess is
leia original
r2-d2
Chewbacca
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 3:57 am

That's great you're going to go like Uli's thread, and add the next round of figures sooner too Cool Top work Chris.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:35 am

yeah-sus wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

my guess is
leia original
r2-d2
Chewbacca

Ah.................................no. No where close.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 6:44 am

:clap:
Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 3427274553_c1fefd654c
celebrate
Back to top Go down
DarthBerizing
Johnpaul Ragusa
Johnpaul Ragusa
DarthBerizing

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 7:35 am

aussiejames wrote:
celebrate

PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE
PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE PLEASE IGNORE
Back to top Go down
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:12 am

Chris_J wrote:

I should have kept quiet. I'll plump for: Vader, Obi-Wan & Tusken Raider.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:41 am

aussiejames wrote:
celebrate

I say they were in the last movie. So last figures to be covered. God damned Ewoks. Wink
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:05 pm

cantina_patron wrote:
Chris_J wrote:

I should have kept quiet. I'll plump for: Vader, Obi-Wan & Tusken Raider.

2 out of three aint bad, but still no rep point prize. No lol!

Aj, I might do the Ewoks next to get those fur balls out of the way quick. cheers Sooner the better, I think. And Paul, since Im doing it weekly now, theres no telling whats going to come up after the three I want to do next. Cough, Iggy, cough. thinking

Vader is now live guys. Post away.
Back to top Go down
kisstour03
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
kisstour03

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 8:43 pm

IGGY!!!! Who the hell is silly enough to collect IGGY figures??? Almost as crazy as collecting 8D8.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Do we want coin pictures where applicable for the figures?
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 am

aussiejames wrote:

i think so, it been a really good resource thread if you thinking of start up a focus and wonder whats stuff you never gonna get your hands on Very Happy

Should we post pictures of mocs already shown or should we try to show only one of each?
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:33 am

aussiejames wrote:

We can since they are part of the POTF line. Plus thats the only way we will ever get Tim to limelight anything period. lol!

As for posting something thats been posted already, I was asked that last night in chat. I told him yhea its cool last night, but do we really need to? If its a group shot of everything you got or theres some noticable difference thats fine. But individual pix, I dont see a need in it if theres one already there. One of each is plenty to show whats out there.
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:08 am

"Plus thats the only way we will ever get Tim to limelight anything period"
I've seen a handful of Tim's pictures, one was a Biker Scout shooting himself in the balls Laughing

What about oddball items for FOTM ? ie. money boxes, toothbrushes Suspect ....
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 7:18 am

Chris_J wrote:

I should have kept quiet. I'll plump for: Vader, Obi-Wan & Tusken Raider.[/quote]

2 out of three aint bad, but still no rep point prize. No lol! [/quote]

Darn! Perhaps I should have put Stormie instead of Tusken. Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 6:57 pm

AJ, we could do an OOTW thread (Oddball Of The Week). That is one I would love to do. :clap: Tad ask me about adding a bootleg mask of Vader last night and I told him that I just want to do figures in this one. I could do the oddball one along with the playset/vehicle one later. Those would be easy to keep up with at the same time.

Ok cantina, Ill give you your rep point prize for trying. Razz Heres the three thats being done this time. Vaedr you know about along with Ben. The other one you didnt get was................................................................................FETT. I know theres more Fett focus collectors out there, so I wanted them to shine early on. Be on the look out for a new thread tonight. This will be all members chance to say what they want.
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 4:25 am

Chris_J wrote:

Ok cantina, Ill give you your rep point prize for trying. Razz Heres the three thats being done this time. Vaedr you know about along with Ben. The other one you didnt get was................................................................................FETT. I know theres more Fett focus collectors out there, so I wanted them to shine early on. Be on the look out for a new thread tonight. This will be all members chance to say what they want.

A cool choice Chris, which will be very popular! cheers
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 12:47 pm

OOTW oddball of the week! That will be a whole lot of cool and weird fun! Look forward to that one cheers
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 10, 2012 8:41 pm

Artoo_Detour wrote:
OOTW oddball of the week! That will be a whole lot of cool and weird fun! Look forward to that one cheers

You and me both. Id have a good bit to add for that one. We'll see later on that if it will become reality.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next