The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gorneesh
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
Gorneesh

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 12:49 pm

I'm not a variant collector but a big round of applause for chris_j for doing this and bringing peace and harmony back to planet TIG lol!
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:18 pm

I love this idea Chris and think it's great that your willing to put the time in. Now please excuse me if I sound dumb or if I've missed something already mentioned ( my internet is kind of time restricted at the moment, so I have to read shit really fast) because I'm basically a computer cave man, but is there some way in which you can start a thread like the one you mentioned, but not limit it to a month per figure, not as in random comments all the time, but say for example: farmboy Luke month ends and a couple of months down the line someone has some important info on that figure that needs posting.

I really love the idea of a huge archive for each figure and all there variants. It's a concept I think we all (variant collectors) have dreamed of for a while, example: look at Wollf's RS limelight, how can you look at that and not want to ask the guy a million questions! This is the perfect opportunity for this and I genuinely think this could be something great.

Like I said before I trailed off a little, is there some way that this can be done like the Ledy thread, where you can skip to each figure at the beginning of the thread and is there some way that people can add things to specific figures at different times which would put the comments with the specific figure and not just at the end of thread?

Either way, I think this is a great idea Chris and look forward to watching and adding to it.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Its going to be for anything and everything, from Kenner to Meccano. I will try to find a list for what cardback each figure is found on. I did find one for Luke Farmboy last night, so thats a good start so far. In the first post of the thread, Ill explain what can or cant be posted, rules for the thread, etc. but I do want everybody to discuss the figures if they have any questions what so ever. Thats the main reason why I decided to do this. I want all the info out there in one place instead of scattered. The FOTW threads were awesome resources, but they were scattered out in that many threads, not one. And as said before, I dont want this as an archive only. I know the variant guys have questions, so now will be the time and place to do it.

Kahn, Im trying to do it in a way like the Ledy guide Marcos doing, but with my own touch. But it will contain what everybody contributes to it. Whether its comments, questions pix, etc. But I do see it going quicker than by monthly. And your other point has been touched on, extra info coming up. When I think its time to do another set of figures, we can discuss any info thats come out for that round. So all the info will be right there at each sections end.

I do plan on getting it up and running before the night (or day for some of you. lol! ) is over. I already got everything I can find I think will be good to start with Luke Farmboy. So if anybody has any links they know of, pm as soon as you can before I do start. The more the merrier.
Back to top Go down
http://alter-egos.forumotion.com/
budspencer
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
budspencer

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:17 pm

i think this is fantastic, it will help a lot of people who are starting to collect to find out various information the need about a specific toy.

the only thing i would suggest is that this idea as a sticky or subsection of its own in the forum so if a particular figure looses popularity the thread is still easy to find.

example:

vintage star wars: (section)
figure of the month: ( sub section)
Luke Farmboy ( topic)
R2-D2
C-3P0

and so on and so forth, you see where i am going this... its just a matter of making a subsection so that all post can go in there and stay in there without it being masked by other threads.

but someone probably thought of that already! Nice idea Chris! i am a big fan of knowing as much as i can about these toys! and having the concept of having most of the information in one easy spot to find makes it super. Id rather come here than have to go thru 10 different sites to get just some dark blurb of info on some site i spend 20 hours to find.

cheers!
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Well, its live now. And if it takes off good, Ill ask to see if it can be a sticky in the reference section. And I will be doing it by movie, so it wont be a huge thread to hunt through. But I do still plan on listing what page each figure starts on in the firsat post for quick reference.
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:23 am

So when do this thread start ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:25 am

pomse2001 wrote:

It has started Very Happy

The Official FOTM Thread. Star Wars: A New Hope
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 pm

i dont wanna mess down the real thread so i ask here,what do you guys think about posting pictures on vehicle boxes with the character on?
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:13 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
i dont wanna mess down the real thread so i ask here,what do you guys think about posting pictures on vehicle boxes with the character on?

I think its a good idea if its a vehicle boxes with the free character on but no real benefits if its a regular box.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:14 pm

i was thinking of the first issued sw x-wings with luke farmboy on and the landspeeder and maybe all the variants of the package if there are any differences

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 Ls1

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 Xwing6

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 Xwing1

these are not top-notch so nicer examples would work better in the real thread
Back to top Go down
RebelChris
Force Addict
Force Addict
RebelChris

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:22 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
i was thinking of the first issued sw x-wings with luke farmboy on and the landspeeder and maybe all the variants of the package if there are any differences

I would say no to this. Mostly because it's more vehicle than actual figure. I think the focus of the thread is on figures, not really boxed vehicles. Yea the figures are showcased on the boxes, but beyond that they really don't have much to do with each other (other than the figures fit in them! Very Happy ).

Just my opinion though, Chris might have a different take on the idea.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:41 pm

RebelChris wrote:
yeah-sus wrote:

I would say no to this. Mostly because it's more vehicle than actual figure. I think the focus of the thread is on figures, not really boxed vehicles. Yea the figures are showcased on the boxes, but beyond that they really don't have much to do with each other (other than the figures fit in them! Very Happy ).

I'd agree with Chris, I was on about the vehicles which had figures included in them when they where sold. Would be cool to match up the variants that appeared in them, if there was any regularity to them that is.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:46 pm

snaggletooth wrote:
RebelChris wrote:
yeah-sus wrote:

I'd agree with Chris, I was on about the vehicles which had figures included in them when they where sold. Would be cool to match up the variants that appeared in them, if there was any regularity to them that is.

do you mean like small head han in a cantina box or do you mean a special offer box PDT-8 with a 2-1b? or both
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 5:41 pm

yeah-sus wrote:
snaggletooth wrote:
RebelChris wrote:
yeah-sus wrote:

do you mean like small head han in a cantina box or do you mean a special offer box PDT-8 with a 2-1b? or both

I mean the special offer boxes.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 6:07 pm

Actually, its just figure based with this. I already have thought about doing a vehicle and playset one also, but I want to see how good this will do first, before I put more thought into another thread. Plus I dont want to get spread to thin trying to deal with 2 threads dealing with variants right now. So if you want to see a vehicle and playset one, its up to you guys to make the figure one work. If I see its doing very well, as it is already, I'll put more thought into doing another one and see what the Powers That Be think about it. Besides, can you tell from the box pix if thats a 3 line or no COO figure? Thats why I want to keep it seperate from one another. If I can do another one later, it would be a complete one, regular and Special Offer boxes, carry cases could also be included in it. Yhea, Ive been doing some deep thinking the last couple weeks. lol!

yeah-sus, it wouldnt matter if the boxes are pristine comdition or look like they were run over by a semi-rig, if you got it, post it. We wont grade you on condition. Very Happy Another thing I want to touch on is what you did awhile ago. If you have any questions on if you can post anything in the other thread, you can either ask here or pm me. I'll def get back to you on it asap. We can use this for the odd Q&A before going to the Offical thread with it.
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm

I think me and yeah-sus have been misunderstood here, ill speak for my self because I'm not 100% sure sus is thinking along the same lines. I don't want a new thread for vehicle variants. I'm not sure but haven't the special offer vehicles with free figures got pictures on them of the figures? Or better still owners of these items could post pics of the figures and we could match them up to the vehicle special offers, that's if they where'nt just random overstock.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Scott, the boxes do have a pix of the figures included in them. But how can you be sure, like your wondering, which figure is the right one unless you actually open a couple sealed boxes to see if the same type of figure is included? I understand what your saying, but its one of those things you just cant make sure of unless you open some up to compare with. If there are a few members who do have some and can compare them, sure you can post it up, but it would still be part of the vehicle variants since they came with the SO ones. But Im not real positive alot of the opened ones will contain the actual figure that came with it. Its just like the multi-packs that were pieced together, they may or may not have the right figures for that specific box.
Back to top Go down
Dalto
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
Dalto

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Good work Chris. Nice way to stream line everything and not see 20 of the same different kinds of threads. I for one had stopped coming in ti check the threads for the past few months because of the same topics over and over.

Let me know if you need any help. I'd be glad to lend a hand and this could be what I need to get to posting in the threads again.
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:37 pm

Dallas, thats what Im hoping for, for the ones who havent been around for awhile to come back. Alot of the go-to guys either left or just outright quit posting and it would be nice to see all them, yourself included, come back to the forum. And I will let you know if I need anything, count on it.
Back to top Go down
yeah-sus
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
yeah-sus

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 1:22 am

Delete

Last edited by yeah-sus on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
snaggletooth
Grand Moff
Grand Moff
snaggletooth

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:33 am

Chris_J wrote:
Scott, the boxes do have a pix of the figures included in them. But how can you be sure, like your wondering, which figure is the right one unless you actually open a couple sealed boxes to see if the same type of figure is included? I understand what your saying, but its one of those things you just cant make sure of unless you open some up to compare with. If there are a few members who do have some and can compare them, sure you can post it up, but it would still be part of the vehicle variants since they came with the SO ones. But Im not real positive alot of the opened ones will contain the actual figure that came with it. Its just like the multi-packs that were pieced together, they may or may not have the right figures for that specific box.

Hay Chris, your right that we couldn't be sure if the open ones where the correct figures, just an Idea. That threads the dogs by the way Wink
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:10 am

cantina_patron wrote:
pomse2001 wrote:

It has started Very Happy

The Official FOTM Thread. Star Wars: A New Hope

Found it Very Happy

I also think it could be cool if we also included playsets, vehicles and beasts. So we can see the box variants and if there is toy variants ?
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 am

Non figure threads have been asked about on the previous page :scratch: This may occur at a latter date. One project at a time Smile
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:44 am

aussiejames wrote:
Non figure threads have been asked about on the previous page :scratch: This may occur at a latter date. One project at a time Smile

Maybe we can do that after we are finished with the figures Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chris_J
Force Addict
Force Addict
Chris_J

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:45 am

pomse, dont take this the wrong way, Im not gripping at you, but I did say that in an earlier post that I was thinking of doing one after the figure one. It was talked about in chat last night that it would be cool to see one for vehicles and playsets.

Also, Rule 6.**************read the whole thread before you ask a question. Your answer may be there already. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?   Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figure of the Month thread. Thoughts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next