The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett Empty
PostSubject: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Thanks for looking guys : )
After a not so good day, it ended very well. Thanks Ozio for this very nice Fett : )
-Steve

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett 1llrrf10

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett 2llrrf10

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett 3llrrf10

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett 4llrrf10

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett 5llrrf10
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Now that's a grail piece Very Happy :Drool:
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:21 pm

Thanks James very much my friend.

I had a member question the rocket as suspect. This was my reply....

The rocket was inserted incorrectly and then sonic welded. Their is no damage to the part of the rocket tab. It was just removed because it was inserted incorrectly in factory production. Their is a small area that runs along the rocket that has melting marks, but because the rocket was inserted incorrectly the rocket came out.
-How can you spot a LL fake RR Boba Fett:
-The inside of the jet pack is 'cleaned' with small tools and small drills to remove the rocket residues but you can look at all the damage clearly as the inner tab (the one that holds the rocket to it's place) melts after the sonic welding to the rocket.
-The rocket has a very distinctive melt mark on the opposite side of the tab, this is a big sign of a rocket removed from a 'regular' LL Boba Fett.
-The mouth of the Rocket hole shows heavy signs of stress.
-Damage to the rocket's tab.
-Rocket without tab.

This is a quote from Ozio....
"The other one I'm offering is not well known, I don't even know if there's another one like it, rocket was wrongly added inside the boba before sonic welding, so melting marks are present on the rocket, as I know AFA would not grade a rocket with melting marks, but that's because there's no info about this variation. I honestly think that I have all the right proof to show this is also a LL RR Boba Fett as it was created after a factory mistake just as the other LL RR Boba Fett. So as there's no info about this and it is still an unknown variation that's why the price is lower but if you think about it it should be the other way around as if the standard RR Fett is pretty damn hard to find this other variation is unique."

In my opinion I am happy as heck to have a variant of a variant. I don't care if AFA would grade it or not. I think it's a very unique piece : ) And thank you Ozio for this fine variant.
Sorry for the book, but hopefully this helps.
-Steve
Back to top Go down
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 9:24 pm

If you click this link you can see how well Ozio illustrates the circumstances of the rocket. Click on each photo and read the bottom. Great reading....
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.187639164660426.44306.100002430325347&type=1&l=be23678993
Back to top Go down
pomse2001
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
pomse2001

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 7:20 am

Very cool jawdrop
Back to top Go down
http://www.pomse2001.dk
REDFIVE
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 8:40 am

Wow.......an amazing figure. I hope I can obtain something as desireable in the near future!

well done.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 am

Nice one, Steve!

You must be over the moon with this figure!!
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
The_Dark_Artist
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
The_Dark_Artist

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 11:30 am

I'm extremely happy, thank you : ) And it was really nice dealing with Ozio, he is a great guy... Again, thanks for looking, reading and the kind comments : )
-Steve
Back to top Go down
RetroRewindToys
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
RetroRewindToys

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 12:10 pm

nice score Steve, congrats!
Back to top Go down
http://www.retrorewindtoys.com
curch
Imperial Admiral
Imperial Admiral
curch

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 3:52 pm

great looking figure. I would love one someday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett   My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new Lili Ledy Removable Rocket Boba Fett

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1