The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Empty
PostSubject: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 10:03 am

Is this a legit example of a non removable rocket lili ledy boba fett? the coo on Yue left leg has the "7" in the "1979" lower then both "9"s so it fits in with the coo number 5, 2nd version, which is listed as lili ledy+ trilogo/pbp. It has the dent on its backpack, with right Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0710
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0711
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0714
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0716
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0712
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0713
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0715
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0720
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0718
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0719
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0717
leg 2mm shorter than the other, slightly different coloured legs, with no sign of tampering.
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 10:10 am

Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0725
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0728
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0726
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0727
Left leg and right arm is slightly loose, to me looks no sign of tampering.
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 10:14 am

Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0729
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Take a pic of him beside a kenner. The ledy should be darker plastic. It appears correct to me, but it's always hard to say definitively with just pics.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 4:47 pm

No issue with one leg being shorter than the other? Ever seen anything like it on a boba? I know with farmboy luke it's common with one leg shorter but didn't know it exists for boba as well.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 9:10 pm

markseowlichang wrote:
No issue with one leg being shorter than the other? Ever seen anything like it on a boba? I know with farmboy luke it's common with one leg shorter but didn't know it exists for boba as well.

I have actually seen that with a kenner fett. It doesn't appear to be lacking detail so I don't think short shot immediately but the length difference is pretty small that I believe one could say a number of factors may have contributed. It could have been shrinkage from cooling, could have been a very slight short shot, could have been an entirely different batch of plastic, etc.. remember these were made in molds then all the alike parts were dumped into bins and assembled. In other words the left leg and right leg on the figure may not be from the same batch or even the same day.

Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Just to confirm the coo number 5, there are two pictures up and bottom, listed as lili ledy + trilogo/pbp, means that both lili ledy and trilogo/pbp share these two coos? this boba fett matches the bottom one, with the "7" below the two "9"s, as in the picture. So is this a legit coo for lili ledy? Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0730
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0731
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 9:45 pm

Those coo pics are old, but yes. When the ledy guide was created those pics are what was the current guide. Now we use this: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/anh/boba-fett/#a
You can see the pbp/euro fett and ledy fett share the molds.

Often times and especially before a collector did a ton of research on the Meccano fett, the lighter fett was/is referred to as the trilogo fett. The current guide gives the trilogo name as interchangeable to Meccano and the lighter fett as a euro or pbp fett. These names get confused and switched around due to old terminology though I believe the way the new guide refers to them is better as euro is a more generic term and with the Meccano research these names just fit better I think.

Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 11:13 pm

My concern is that the "7" is below the "9" on the left, which is the same is Coo Hk version 2.2, the picture of the ledy coo has the "7" being the same level as the left "9". Could this be a leg switch?Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0732
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0734
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0733
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Could this be a possible leg swap with the left leg of the hk fett? As the left leg is loose. None of the lili coo have the "7" below the "9" on the left, the lili ledy versions have "97" on the same level, with the rightmost "9" slightly higher
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 1:05 am

Edit* I copied the pic wrong apparently so let me try again..

Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0734

**Edit. Much better.

If you look at L2b and draw a line from the bottom of one nine to the next nine the 7 sits below them. This is the same leg you have I think. Looks identical to me.

Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 2:35 am

Noted on the bottom of "7"Smile would like to know about the how to TOP of the first "9" lines up with "7". As in my sample, shown below.Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0736
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0735
Back to top Go down
TheJabbaWookie
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
TheJabbaWookie

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 12:47 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
Those coo pics are old, but yes. When the ledy guide was created those pics are what was the current guide. Now we use this: http://swspaceclub.com/wbobafett/coo-guide-3-0/anh/boba-fett/#a

Wow I didn't realise the TIG CoO guide was so out of date. Have you got plans to update it? And do you know if Wolff has plans to complete the ROTJ Coo guide soon? I realise all this research takes a whole load of time.
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:33 pm

markseowlichang wrote:
Noted on the bottom of "7"Smile would like to know about the how to TOP of the first "9" lines up with "7". As in my sample, shown below.Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0736
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0735

It's harder to tell because the yellow circle. Let me get back to this in a few days when I am back at work where I have a desktop. I honestly think they are identical coo marks. Using a piece of paper as a straight edge I lay it on the top from the 9 to the next 9 and in the pic of yours and on the guide I see the same space above the seven. I want to blow the image up to be sure. There is no way it could be a leg swap though as the left and right leg appear the same color. The ledy fett is darker plastic than any kenner fett so if someone had swapped them it would be very noticeable.

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 pm

TheJabbaWookie wrote:
trappedtexan wrote:

Wow I didn't realise the TIG CoO guide was so out of date. Have you got plans to update it? And do you know if Wolff has plans to complete the ROTJ Coo guide soon? I realise all this research takes a whole load of time.

I can safely say we won't update any old coo guide. The pics belonged to someone else and they asked for them to not be used. We refer everyone to wolff's current guide for coo ID. As far as the completion i have heard several things but since they may all be rumors i will simply say you should ask him via his site directly. I know he had a child recently so time is a factor for him lately.

Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 7:09 pm

The left and right leg is of different Colour, but it may be due to discolouration.Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0612
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0737
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0738
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0739
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0741
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0740
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 am

Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Fett_c10

Space above the 7 is the same. As far as the leg gos, I asked several post up to compare it to a kenner figure. It is hard to even see the different colored legs in the photos but it could simply be discoloration. The ledy figure is darker plastic than a kenner so if it is standing side by side to a kenner then you should be able to see the difference in the legs. the foot peg being round on one vs hexagonal on the other can come down to damage from being put on a stand that was to large for it or drilled out or something by an individual. Are their any noticeable markings inside the foot peg hole to indicate it has been altered?

If when standing side by side to a kenner you can see the plastic on one leg is the same as the kenner then I would say leg swap, if not it is likely discoloration.

Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 8:42 am

The lily ledy fett and hk fett compared. Leg swap?Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0910
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0911
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0912
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_0913
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 11:43 am

The foot peg is interesting. The first half of the hole is circular, when it goes deeper, it goes into full hexagonal shape. Also the limbs on the lili is skinnier than the others, and the red arm band the red on the helmet, and purple on backpack is all glossy
Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 11:47 am

Here are the four compared. Trilogo is white, Taiwan is bluish , hk is grey, lili is dark greyLili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_1112
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_1111
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_1110
Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 1:11 pm

I think your good. It appears correct for the ledy. The peg hole can be explained by a past owner using a stand where the peg itself was to large for the figure. Pushing it down on the peg caused the hole to round out. The leg is slightly discolored but not enough to indicate it isn't a darker plastic than a kenner so no chance of a swap I think.

Back to top Go down
markseowlichang
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 10:57 am

Also, the lili has a slimmed head, torso, arms and legs compared to othersLili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_1318
Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett Img_1319
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett   Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lili ledy non removable rocket boba fett

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1