The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MrKrinkie
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy Empty
PostSubject: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Hi,
Wondering if anyone here can help me ID which of the Chewy COO's in the link below would be the 1st issue Early Bird version. Any help would be much appreciated.

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/h23-tig-lili-ledy-guide-chewbacca unsure
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:09 am

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3456-dark-blue-r2-d2-always-early-bird-i-have-my-doubts-now?highlight=EARLY+BIRD
Back to top Go down
MrKrinkie
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 7:37 am

aussiejames wrote:
http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t3456-dark-blue-r2-d2-always-early-bird-i-have-my-doubts-now?highlight=EARLY+BIRD

Thanks aussiejames I have read this thread in the past. I guess I am asking someone who has a sealed baggie EB set to look at the Chewy COO, and let me know.
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:12 am

I have a sealed Early Bird baggie with Chewie.

I will check for you 2n8.

Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
MrKrinkie
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 9:18 am

Dr Dengar wrote:

I have a sealed Early Bird baggie with Chewie.

I will check for you 2n8.

Thanks for your effort!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:05 pm

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy IMG_5297

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy IMG_5298

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy IMG_5300

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy IMG_5301

Always a bit difficult to get nice pics w/o natural daylight, but I think you can clearly see this EB Chewie has COO no. 7 (Made in Hongkong)

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy Chewba17

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
MrKrinkie
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:20 pm

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and also provide pics. And you have actually answered another question I had about the Chewy baggie. It has the white horizontal MIHK baggie. I could never see it because it is always on the back of the bag in all the pictures I have seen of EB sets. In pics I always thought Chewy was in a plain baggie. Again thanks! And man he looks pristine, you are lucky to have him! Oh I almost forgot while he is out does his gun have the squared off or rounded trigger area? Also is it black, blue/black, or green?
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:29 pm

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy IMG_5302

The bowcaster is black, but upon holding it in front of a bulb the trigger hole is clearly translucent green. So yes it is the socalled 'green' bowcaster. The bowcaster has the rounded trigger hole (looks like the V2 mould to me).

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy Crossbow_Comparison

Different types of baggies are possible for the Early Bird mail away figures. Chewie seems to come mostly in a SW-A baggy (white horizontal text 'Made in Hong Kong', tape sealed, crispy) as shown.

Christian wrote:

Regarding the opened baggies I suspect that they are all original to your set as it is certainly not unknown for all figures to be packed in SW-A baggies. The Luke DT will almost in every case come in a SW-A baggie unless it is the horrifically rare heat sealed version (SW-C). Chewie in SW-A is common, Leia and R2 are much harder to find and are usually in SW-B or D bags (Leia can also be found in SW-C - toughie).

Hope this helps.

Do you plan to purchase an EB set?

Back to top Go down
MrKrinkie
Imperial Recruit
Imperial Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks Dr!!!!!!!

Do you plan to purchase an EB set?

Yes I do, and just want to make sure I obtain the correct items. I did have one years ago but never really examined the COO's or variations and just took the sellers word that they were indeed an early bird set. I assume it was legit because I traded it to a dealer for some other stuff at the time.
Again thank you for going all out with the pics and the gun versions awesome work!
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2015 10:15 am

Marco J wrote:
Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy IMG_5302

The bowcaster is black, but upon holding it in front of a bulb the trigger hole is clearly translucent green. So yes it is the socalled 'green' bowcaster. The bowcaster has the rounded trigger hole (looks like the V2 mould to me).

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy Crossbow_Comparison

Different types of baggies are possible for the Early Bird mail away figures. Chewie seems to come mostly in a SW-A baggy (white horizontal text 'Made in Hong Kong', tape sealed, crispy) as shown.

'green' bowcaster is only found with flat/angled trigger guard V3 so we can conclude early bird Chewbacca can be found with round trigger guard NON green bowcaster

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy Sdc13324
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy   Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for which is the correct COO for the EB Chewy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1