The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:00 am

Max Rebo looks awesome lol!
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:05 am

Josh wrote:
Max Rebo looks awesome lol!

Yes he does. Steve's version even has four legs!! Cool

http://www.imperialgunneryforum.com/t5461-ot-max-rebo-revisited
Back to top Go down
http://TantiveXI.com
Josh
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:06 am

You fucktard...made me look Razz
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:12 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
flycasual
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
flycasual

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 8:38 am

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 $(KGrHqJ,!roFDoq3y0F(BRM6Jz!bg!~~60_10
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2013 9:27 am

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 Tumblr_ljzgnsfKwR1qd4llp
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 8:58 am

Dengar got a bit green with envy over fett's cool armour....

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 YZzjYa8

Purple limb rebel commander....

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 XkfoMOq
Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:48 am

[img]Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 T2ec1612[/img]
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 am

Ouch that's one hell of a sun tan !!
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:21 am

"GOLDEN" deathstar droids....

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 Ll74Zod

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 Kv5EqC5
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 4:33 pm

Tusken Raider with discoloured dark brown capes.

The discolouration might have been accelerated due to building up of plastifier concentrations within poorly ventilated AFA cases / bubbles.

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 IMG_17303_zpsc285608f
Source: RS Member Gonk.

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 Tusken-gold-cape1_zps88b4ce37

Taken from this thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098116/
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 2:52 pm

Pink limbs 8-D8....

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 EqYQTRo Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 GSvxqQn

Yellow belly Ewok....

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 ZeJyVzd
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 1:43 pm

I just skimmed though to make sure these haven't been posted yet.

Leia Bespin 'metallic green hair' transformant:
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 10087608496_9b7f54c22f_o
It is easier to see in person than to photograph.

Leia Bespin 'brown limbs' transformant:
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 10087709395_0c769e8c77_o

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 2:09 pm

I love the Metallic Green "Transformant" figures Jay cheers 

I fully agree that they are discolored or whatever - I just think they are so pretty to look at . The "green" will wash off with soap and water , which is definative proof that they aren't true variations , but I still like them Cool 

I prefer to think of it as a "lovely patina" lol! 

have you seen a Imperial Commander with the same effect on their limbs ? This is pics of only the 2nd one I had seen in 7 + years ...

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 65182110
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 65182111

like with your Leia it is hard to show the green in the pics but the commander sure looks purdy to me - maby I'm just weird (okay ...I know I'm weird Razz  )
Back to top Go down
General Kahn
Force Addict
Force Addict
General Kahn

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:21 pm

I've seen the exact same thing on a couple of Leia Hoth's as well Jay.
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:26 pm

General Kahn wrote:
I've seen the exact same thing on a couple of Leia Hoth's as well Jay.
me too ... the hair on Hoth Leia's , Bespin Leia's , Bespin Hans , Regular (large head) Hans , Imperial Commander and Yoda limbs and Rebel Commander Scarfs - just to name a few Smile 
Back to top Go down
psybertech
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
psybertech

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:28 pm

I like some of the transformants (LOVE that word!) especially when they are extreme.
I bought the brown limbed LB on purpose and would love a green limbed example like seen on page one of this thread. Smile

The metallic green hair is so hard to see unless you are looking for it and it was a little added bonus the the figure when I got her today.

And I do like that IC, James! definitely cool looking and I'll bet wicked cool in person. Razz

cheers!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leia.bespin.info/
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:34 pm

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 679135929_o

and green bags (sorry for stealing your pic james)
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 4:10 pm

damn - I can't believe I forgot about Chewy bags :I am stupid: 

and it is perfectly fine that you used my pic Stefan - I'm not one of those picky "you can't use my pics" people lol!  The only time it pisses me off is when someone uses one of my pics to sell their figure on ebay Evil or Very Mad 

Them there Chewy Bags are sure pretty cyclops 
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2013 10:15 am

Han Bespin Green Leg

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 DQja4CF

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 W5AqmCG
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Chewbacca with green spots limbs legs degradation- similay to jawa   Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi all, adding to the controversial  variation or degradation debate.
with a photo of a chewbacca with green spots showing up on the limbs.. both arms and legs.
the first one i have seen....
 take a look. this is is similar to the JAWA most commonly seen on the Toltoy one.
and obi wan., rarely.

photo DSC02544_zpsd4c26b07.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:31 pm

The same spotty degrading can happen to wicket. I've seen several in the wild and own one myself.
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Neonboy wrote:
Hi all, adding to the controversial  variation or degradation debate.
with a photo of a chewbacca with green spots showing up on the limbs.. both arms and legs.
the first one i have seen....
I hope you are not saying that any of those spotty limbs is produced like that??? There is no controversial debate about what those are! These are degradations....that is a fact.

So to get back to your question:
1. It is true that the TT Jawa is prone to this but there is also other Jawas having these spots! What makes the TT Jawa unique is its cape...not the spots!!!!!!!!!

2. I agree with Stef here: The no coo Wickets are also prone to this....very often!

3. There is also some Bens with that kind of spots. Some idiots/making-money-guys call it the Toltoys Ben.....what a laugh....*cough*.....degradation...nothing more....see "1."
To be specific: Toltoys NEVER produced figures on their own!!! There is only the Jawa with that unique cape...a batch that was accidentially made (elsewhere) and probably was completly send to Austarlia....just tio get rid off IMO...

4. The Chewie you show has some sort of degradation...yes. But it is nothing more....just a degraded figure! only because some ebay muppets jump on such figures doesn't mean they are special Wink

Hope that helps

Wolff
Back to top Go down
Dr Dengar
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Dr Dengar

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:25 pm

To me these spots look like fungi growing on the surface, eating components which are present in the plastic (plasticizers, dyes).
Fungi tend to grow in colonies from a single spore when growing on a surface.

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 Fun01
Source: http://www.pmbio.icbm.de/

The extent of this type of biodegradation probably depends on the exact composition of the plastics and the storage conditions (temperature, humidity).
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 1:46 pm

I would assume since the spotted limbs Chewy was posted in this thread that Neonboy is aware that it is a result of degradation Wink 

The statement made about it being a "controversial debate" is somewhat true since there are still collectors out there that believe it is a true variation No 

I am sure the majority of the collectors here at TIG are aware of the facts and have become edjucated regarding degradations and we all know that green limbs (or spoted) Chewys are degraded What a Face 

Regardless - when there are still people that think that they are real variations than there are 2 sides to the issue - therefore a debate still exists - when both sides are convinced they are right then it becomes "controversial" .

Our job is to edjucate collectors that are new to the hobby and not make them feel badly for asking a question ...

the thread title says it all :

"Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask"

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next