The Imperial Gunnery Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

International Vintage Star Wars Collector Forum

HomeTIG.comLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: yes on the ... due to degridation..    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 2:42 pm

Totally agree with just discoloration. due to aging ..
The conversation prior on the topic merits a jestful comment to the title...

and yes totally agree Toltoy cape is the difference. I have found some US Jawas and obi's with the spotty green. as well

Although, this is the first Chewy i have come across, with the spotty green limbs - Likely with more age this "disease" will spread to more figures.
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
sw.1979
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer
sw.1979

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 30, 2013 3:00 pm

thought i would post some pics of some figures that i have with extra fungi,
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 00120
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Sale_019
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Sale_020
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 00322
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 00517
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Kgrhqn10
Back to top Go down
Commander Clint
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
Commander Clint

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 11, 2013 2:08 pm

I just saw these on ebay. Capes in mid change.

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Luke_j10Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Squid_10
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 9:53 am

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Blue_k10
Back to top Go down
wbobafett
Force Addict
Force Addict
wbobafett

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:37 am

Blue face Klaatu...I want him...he looks like a freaking smurf!!!  lol! lol! lol! 
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 11:50 am

wbobafett wrote:
Blue face Klaatu...I want him...he looks like a freaking smurf!!!  lol! lol! lol! 

lol! 

La la la la la la ...

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 96977210
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:01 am

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Rebo10
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 11:13 am

ouch, that's some serious sun damage!

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Ps-spray_spf50

Back to top Go down
cantina_patron
TIG Benefactor
TIG Benefactor
cantina_patron

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 1:18 pm

aussiejames wrote:
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Rebo10

Max Rebo appears to be the twin of the one I posted here:
cantina_patron wrote:
Max Rebo with discoloured torso (aswell as the usual faded limbs & head). The pattern of discolouration to the upper torso would appear to be due to direct sunlight/UV damage, as the lower troso (protected by the organ) & area under the arms are unaffected.
You can thank my daughter for this one as she insisted on having it. Rolling Eyes
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 <a href=Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Dscn6011" />
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 <a href=Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Dscn6012" />

Droopy McCool is just damned funky.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:55 am

And chopper has found a winner:
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Max11

ouch
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 SUNBURN
Back to top Go down
ourchickenshack
Force Addict
Force Addict
ourchickenshack

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 11:51 am

Artoo_Detour wrote:
CP's disco Max has the chance to freshen up before the next gig Smile

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Max_re11

sorry Steve  lol!    
Back to top Go down
ArtooDetour
Admin
Admin
ArtooDetour

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri May 23, 2014 1:32 pm

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 GIF-Thanks-dog_zps7870f64f

thevintagetoyadvertiser.org 1970s and 80s vintage toy ads and other retro paperworks

imperialgunnery.com Vintage Star Wars action figure weapons and accessories guide
Back to top Go down
walkie
Senior Developer
Senior Developer
walkie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 6:41 am

Looks like luke's creamed his pants!...

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 FPLCS4j

Last edited by walkie on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2014 4:14 am

hello,
I often wonder if this is a variant or just a discoloration: pale face, greenish legs
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 Img_7810
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Hey Nicolas,

I'm not quite sure if this is a rhetorical question ... just in case it's not, this figure is fairly discoloured Crying or Very sad

Cheers,
Patrick
Back to top Go down
chiktabba
Imperial Lieutenant
Imperial Lieutenant
chiktabba

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:40 pm

as the title says "Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask"

it was a real question to me Smile thanks a lot patrick for the answer
Back to top Go down
http://www.collection-starwars.com/collection-chiktabba
pattejan
Imperial Commander
Imperial Commander
pattejan

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2014 12:54 pm

No problem mate ... there are no stupid questions ...
Back to top Go down
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 8:51 pm

I can not recall such an extreme front & back difference!!
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 10170993_10152653780317470_6613241586421406515_n

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 1610913_10152653780622470_6430809668134593905_n
Back to top Go down
Neonboy
Imperial Officer
Imperial Officer

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:36 pm

I sure like the luke hoth wearing depends "Diapers variation"
Back to top Go down
http://neoneonart.com
aussiejames
Admin
Admin
aussiejames

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2016 1:10 am

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 _57111

Very rare dark green torso whack Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Hi guys, great thread helps the new guys like me out with understanding the factory rule and variant rules, thanks dartmatt and trappedtexan for putting me onto it. Anyway i think i have an example of gold paint degradation to show you, had him since childhood then i got him out of storage 2 years ago (my nans lol) and the trimming was gold, after a year it turned to a light/pale blue and now as you can see its just white. The light is terrible here so i took 1 pic with the flash.i dont how it happened all i can confirm is he has never seen daylight through any windows? hope this helps with the thread. Smile Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 20160322
Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 20160321

Back to top Go down
trappedtexan
trappedtexan

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 7:09 pm

That's an odd one. I have seen the gold go to green (usually on the leia bespin) but I have never seen it go to white. It almost looks like frosting but it is only where the gold paint would be so surely it isn't that. :scratch: Odd but cool. Thanks for sharing.

I have caviar dreams and McDonald's pockets
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:03 pm

trappedtexan wrote:
That's an odd one.  I have seen the gold go to green (usually on the leia bespin) but I have never seen it go to white.  It almost looks like frosting but it is only where the gold paint would be so surely it isn't that. :scratch:   Odd but cool.  Thanks for sharing.

Thats what baffled me why only the gold? He does look pretty cool though that's why I kept him this long ,glad I did now Smile
Back to top Go down
hellhippie
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice
hellhippie

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 8:44 pm

cool bespin guard :clap:
Back to top Go down
Lobotic
Developer
Developer
Lobotic

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 9:20 pm

hellhippie wrote:
cool bespin guard :clap:

Thanks Stormie Smiley
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.    Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.  - Page 12 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Discolored Figures But Were Afraid to Ask.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next